1.    #1  
    I have a Yahoo POP/Forwarding email account. Is there a way I can forward only select messages from Yahoo to Fastmail so that they can be pushed to my Treo?

As it stands, if I forward messages to Fastmail (or any other email account) then everything gets forwarded. I'd like to forward only those messages that are important. Not sure if I can apply a filter before forwarding - that's basically what I'm asking.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

-m
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I have a Yahoo POP/Forwarding email account. Is there a way I can forward only select messages from Yahoo to Fastmail so that they can be pushed to my Treo?

As it stands, if I forward messages to Fastmail (or any other email account) then everything gets forwarded. I'd like to forward only those messages that are important. Not sure if I can apply a filter before forwarding - that's basically what I'm asking.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

-m
    I wanted to do this as well, and e-mail Yahoo! Support to ask them. They said right now that wasn't supported, it was an all or nothing deal. (and said they would consider my request, which probably is filed somewhere... maybe if more people send requests to them, they'll actually do it.

I would love it if they ever did offer that. Then it might even be worth it to use Chatter or Snappermail's IMAP. Right now all my friends, family, and co-workers have been using the same e-mail for me for almost since Yahoo offered e-mail accounts so I'd rather not change, but would like to send some to an IMAP for sorting options.
    I use fusemail...(fusemail.com) for the same reasons as what you guys are looking for. I've had my yahoo address forever and wanted push email. Fusemail does a great job of learning how I sort my emails. Fusemail checks all my yahoo mail and sorts my email into the correct folder automaticly. I have the 20 a year option and love it. I'm drunk at a rangers game so if you need more info later let me know. You actually don't need yahoo pop access for fusemail. It can check any yahoo account.
    I forward from Everyone.net to Fastmail and it works fine...I don't see why Yahoo wouldn't do the same.
  5.    #5  
    So you forward (or POP) your Yahoo mail to fusemail, have them sorted into folders and then have relevant ones forwarded to Fastmail? Or, is fusemail also a push capable IMAP client? So, after the sorting is done within fuse it pushes the emails you want to your Treo?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I use fusemail...(fusemail.com) for the same reasons as what you guys are looking for. I've had my yahoo address forever and wanted push email. Fusemail does a great job of learning how I sort my emails. Fusemail checks all my yahoo mail and sorts my email into the correct folder automaticly. I have the 20 a year option and love it. I'm drunk at a rangers game so if you need more info later let me know. You actually don't need yahoo pop access for fusemail. It can check any yahoo account.
    So you forward (or POP) your Yahoo mail to fusemail, have them sorted into folders and then have relevant ones forwarded to Fastmail? Or, is fusemail also a push capable IMAP client? So, after the sorting is done within fuse it pushes the emails you want to your Treo?

Thanks!
    I have POP access but you Don't need it with fusemail. I have Three Yahoo accounts and only one has POP(yahoo plus). Fusemail checks all three. When you configure accounts you just need user name and password. Fusemail checks that way and learned my sorting very quickly. Then I have whatever folders I want pushed to my treo with chatter. Fusemail is "push capable".
    I forward from my ISP (which does not support IMAP) and from Everyone.net to Fastmail. Fastmail sorts incoming mail into folders and then pushes it using IMAP and Chatter Email to my Treo.
  8.    #8  
    I'm assuming that fusemail doesn't "poll" the Yahoo account - and that as soon as messages are received in Yahoo they are also received in fusemail.

I like this idea. Are there any quirks or disadvantages you have noticed?

I think I'm going to try it out.

Thanks, Dutch!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have POP access but you Don't need it with fusemail. I have Three Yahoo accounts and only one has POP(yahoo plus). Fusemail checks all three. When you configure accounts you just need user name and password. Fusemail checks that way and learned my sorting very quickly. Then I have whatever folders I want pushed to my treo with chatter. Fusemail is "push capable".
    I'm assuming that fusemail doesn't "poll" the Yahoo account - and that as soon as messages are received in Yahoo they are also received in fusemail.

I like this idea. Are there any quirks or disadvantages you have noticed?

I think I'm going to try it out.

Thanks, Dutch!
    None. I love it

Good Luck!