PLEASE ..............

What is EDGE and what is EV-DO

Thanks a bunch.

Dennis -==- Philly

Remember google is your best friend!

EDGE

1xEvDo

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I don't think it would take a lot of skill to leak something out intentionally. That said, whether or not it was leaked intentionally, questions about the Treo 650 device should still be the same. While a leak could influence the way we think about it, the end result (i.e. the thoughts we have) should be the same. For instance I don't see how whether it was leaked or not helps us answer whether it supports wi-fi or adds a new question (in the main categories of hardware, software, due date, pricing) to the list.

Perhaps I'm not thinking creatively about this, it's still early for me, and I got ready for work without electricity today .
    I think you are inccorect in the assumption of the skills needed; I have worked in marketing/product dev goups that have considered and done this, and it is not easily done, and requires a fair amount of skill and business acumen.

The end result is not the same; it can influence pricing, product design, release dates, and many other things.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Is it gonna be lightspeed fast to transfer files through the hotsync cable? And will it be able to record video straight to SD card without compromise to the video and audio quality?
  4.    #84  
    Isn't all SD I/O thoughput the same? I hope that PalmOne went to USB 2.0 for the hotsync cable, though I don't know if that has been the limitation on the data transfer in the past.
    MikeC I have to disagree with part of your comment. It's *incredibly* easy to leak a device, especially in this day and age. The thought leaders are easy to identify and have incredible abilities to get the word out. Just put the device in their hands. The most salient example I know of is Mark Morrow (aka Bengal Boy) who is *regularly* given pre-final production and/or pre-release hardware from at least one major supplier (Motorola) and is able to acquire others at or around SN#0000000001 (e.g. SonyEricsson).

I agree completely that once out of the bag it's pretty much impossible (or at least extremely difficult) to spin or control the message. But getting the word out via the "right" people? Cake.

TM
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I think the hard part is, to leak a device without killing the sales of the current product. That's why the pictures had to be taken down, IMO.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    I think the hard part is, to leak a device without killing the sales of the current product. That's why the pictures had to be taken down, IMO.
    Well that's really a reason why Palm wouldn't have wanted to leak the device. We agree that leaking is then, but what and when to leak is the difficult part.
  8.    #88  
    Bumping this due to some of the questions being answered by cahsdad
    When you receive an SMS message on the 650, unlike the 600, it will simply show a little mail icon on the top left without displaying the whole message on the screen.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
  10.    #90  
    You'd think there'd be a preference about it some place. Sometimes my SMS display the whole message on the screen and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out the behavior of it yet. In any event, I'm not sure I'd want the SMS to take up the whole screen. For instance, I get baseball scores SMSed to me every night, but if I'm doing something else, the baseball score can wait.
    Baseball can never wait!
    The SMS does have a privacy mode, but rather than show the message on the screen, it shows a screen that says you have a text message, which is just about as anoying.
    Carl
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    Baseball can never wait!
    The SMS does have a privacy mode, but rather than show the message on the screen, it shows a screen that says you have a text message, which is just about as anoying.
    Well I'm usually watching the Red Sox game, and I only have Red Sox scores SMS'd to me. Thus it really doesn't do me any good most of the time.

The most annoying thing about SMS to me is when I get Sprint Mail it IMs me a message telling me to check my Sprint PCS mail for the new mail. Couldn't they just tell me what the new mail was? I guess that level of integration wasn't quite available. I suppose I should just set it up with the Mail application. It's just that I only take emergeny mails from our servers from Sprint PCS. Once I started getting spam, I had to block anything that's not coming my address book. Sorry to all non-Sprint users for the carrier specific tirade there.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Im So Unpopular
    When you receive an SMS message on the 650, unlike the 600, it will simply show a little mail icon on the top left without displaying the whole message on the screen.
    Oh and while this is a valid question, I'm trying not to get to the specifics of each individual software package in this thread. Plus, I'm hoping that this is simply a setting or something that could be done by a 3rd party application. In my opinion if a 3rd party application can in theory make it behave slightly differently, it doesn't make the list.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345