Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    On another thread webslappy has the whois data on treo700.com and it is owned by P1. I think it is the new version not the 650 also.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600mad
    thats what i am referring to for those who are wondering...
    WBO was winding us up you Tosser! I always thought better of the intelligence of the English. In your case I guess I was mistaken!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  3.    #63  
    so Weebit thinks hes g-d now... but the truth is hes acting like a little kid with his stupid reply.. hmm such good questions which should i answer? what a smart reply, wow your intellectual capacity amazes us, same BS with his pictures, "remember i am the one who put these pictures out first" & "wait another 30 minutes!" etc. WOW so now you created the world too... what else are you capable off? being the absolute genious that you are... are you capable off being USED by palmone to leak info for them to help them get the heat going on thier new product? lol your a sad man...
    I think at the time, he had intentions of answering more questions, but for reasons that we don't know about (but can speculate), he is unable to provide them. It's unfortunate, that he teased us like this, but I wouldn't take it nearly as far as you have.

For what it's worth, it wasn't WBO that asked us to wait another 30 minutes. It was Miradu who wanted to touch up the pictures or what not. If Miradu wasn't online, we wouldn't have had to wait that extra time. But then the pictures may have been worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    If Miradu wasn't online, we wouldn't have had to wait that extra time. But then the pictures may have been worse.
    you belive that?
    but for reasons that we don't know about (but can speculate), he is unable to provide them. It's unfortunate, that he teased us like this,

He is unable to provide the info simply because he has never held one in his hand, he was simply USED to publish the pictures taken by palmone made to look unprofessional, the same way the slideshow shot was made to look via his Weebitobssed name, i bet once it comes out he will have no furthur evidence that he ever had it before others, I am sure this was an official leak well orchestrated.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    He is unable to provide the info simply because he has never held one in his hand, he was simply USED to publish the pictures taken by palmone made to look unprofessional, the same way the slideshow shot was made to look via his Weebitobssed name, i bet once it comes out he will have no furthur evidence that he ever had it before others, I am sure this was an official leak well orchestrated.

You are a complete ******! Now sod off!

Your conspiricy theory's are lame! WBO did something nice for us, got in trouble thats it! Now go take your negative attitude back across the pond and stay there!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  7.    #67  
    Whether it's an official leak or not it doesn't really matter. It's off topic of the thread. Let's get back to the Treo 650.
    Whether it's an official leak or not it doesn't really matter. It's off topic of the thread. Let's get back to the Treo 650.

Actually, whether or not it was an official leak does matter; the repsonse to the leak could influence things...and lead to "Treo 650 Questions", which is the thread.

I think to orchestrate a "controlled" leak requires skills I rarely see within organizations; moreover, to imagine PalmOne has these skills, in light of their many recent blunders in the PDA market, if giving them a lot of credit.
    I await the day where there is a special power screen that would allow you to do all sorts of things to conserve or use power as you want. For instance you could underclock or overclock your chip, you could turn on/off your IR (or perhaps even adjust it to three or 4 power levels -- wow!) , you could set your cellphone to shut off at times you are asleep, you could customize the backlighting. I realize that 3/4 of these already exist, but they are scattered throughout the phone. There should be one place that combines them all and allows me to create a custom power profiles. I could have a maximum performance, a normal use, and a power saving mode. I think between these things battery would be somewhat less of issue for most people.
    I think that power-consumption saving tactics should ideally work without the user knowing it. That's the best way to have powerful devices for the masses. Granted, having the option to adjust things manually *in addition* of the automatic power saving is probably a good thing, but most people don't want to bother with adjusting the power consumption of their devices. Smart software could do it for the user. For exemple, you mention the IR that could have a different power levels. It's a good idea. Why not have the OS start sending with a lower level, then increase it if it does not find a receiver?. This could be done by software.
    "Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing until you confirm it in your own research"- William Cooper
    I've yet to confirm this new Treo Ace.
    What follows is the whois entry for treo650.com. Note that it is NOT held by palmOne
    ---------------------
    Domain Name.......... treo650.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-05-14
    Registration Date.... 2004-05-14
    Expiry Date.......... 2005-05-14
    Organisation Name.... Alexandra Norkin
    Organisation Address. 43 colburn rd
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Wellesley Hills
    Organisation Address. 02481
    Organisation Address. MA
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Alexandra Norkin
    Admin Address........ 43 colburn rd
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Wellesley Hills
    Admin Address........ 02481
    Admin Address........ MA
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... norkin@bu.edu
    Admin Phone.......... +1.7812376117
    Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
    Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
    Tech Address......... 94089
    Tech Address......... CA
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... domain.tech@yahoo-inc.com
    Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
    Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
    Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Quote Originally Posted by mwylde
    What follows is the whois entry for treo650.com. Note that it is NOT held by palmOne
    ---------------------
    Domain Name.......... treo650.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-05-14
    Registration Date.... 2004-05-14
    Expiry Date.......... 2005-05-14
    Organisation Name.... Alexandra Norkin
    Organisation Address. 43 colburn rd
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Wellesley Hills
    Organisation Address. 02481
    Organisation Address. MA
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Alexandra Norkin
    Admin Address........ 43 colburn rd
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Wellesley Hills
    Admin Address........ 02481
    Admin Address........ MA
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... norkin@bu.edu
    Admin Phone.......... +1.7812376117
    Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
    Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
    Tech Address......... 94089
    Tech Address......... CA
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... domain.tech@yahoo-inc.com
    Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
    Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
    Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com
    but treo700.com is owned by PalmOne. Go figure.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Actually, whether or not it was an official leak does matter; the repsonse to the leak could influence things...and lead to "Treo 650 Questions", which is the thread.

I think to orchestrate a "controlled" leak requires skills I rarely see within organizations; moreover, to imagine PalmOne has these skills, in light of their many recent blunders in the PDA market, if giving them a lot of credit.
    I don't think it would take a lot of skill to leak something out intentionally. That said, whether or not it was leaked intentionally, questions about the Treo 650 device should still be the same. While a leak could influence the way we think about it, the end result (i.e. the thoughts we have) should be the same. For instance I don't see how whether it was leaked or not helps us answer whether it supports wi-fi or adds a new question (in the main categories of hardware, software, due date, pricing) to the list.

Perhaps I'm not thinking creatively about this, it's still early for me, and I got ready for work without electricity today .
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    I think that power-consumption saving tactics should ideally work without the user knowing it. That's the best way to have powerful devices for the masses. Granted, having the option to adjust things manually *in addition* of the automatic power saving is probably a good thing, but most people don't want to bother with adjusting the power consumption of their devices. Smart software could do it for the user. For exemple, you mention the IR that could have a different power levels. It's a good idea. Why not have the OS start sending with a lower level, then increase it if it does not find a receiver?. This could be done by software.
    That's very good thinking. I like this even better than my original idea. I don't think I took my original idea far enough.

One thing you could do is use something like BrightCam (something I admittedly haven't tried yet) to adjust the screen brightness based on light to the camera. I don't know if this really saves power (it has to poll the camera for light update constantly, I'm guessing), but this kind of idea can be done with a light sensor or what not.
  15.    #75  
    Alexandra Norkin owns Treo650.com, Treo670.com, and Treo675.com, and Palm doesn't even own Treo600. Palm does own Treo700.com, so maybe we are all calling it the 650 and it's going to be the 700. In any event, I don't see any evidence here that it means they have two devices. While it's a valid question as to the name of the next Treo, a Treo by any other name would communicate as well. I'm looking more to surfacing questions that will impact the us.
    I have confirmed that Palm One has reg. treo700.com which may be the appropriate name for the next treo as opposed to 650 ace.
    Or it could be a pre-emptive strike by them to insure against infringement. In either case, until an official announcement is made we should proceed with caution.
    I am not trying to disturb no ones' wet-dreams for I would be the first to cop a new and improved treo(upgrade discount?) like anyone else here, but my ebullience is contained due to a lack of any formal confirmation by P1.
    "Listen to everyone, read everything, believe absolutely nothing until you confirm it in your own research"- William Cooper
    I just noticed that in the whois entry for treo650.com it says it was registered may 14. This is long before any of us knew what it was called (we were all thinking treo 620.) Is this just guessing, or something else?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    First Ever Photos of the TREO 650:

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C3147/

650 what was originally the Treo 610. The Treo 600 is currently on the market now and will soon become obsolete. PalmOne will not carry over any of the predecessors accessories to the new model.

The 650 will have:
    1) 1.3MP digital camera
    2) Bluetooth
    3) Higher resolution screen (hopefully 320x320)
    4) Backlight keyboard
    5) Voice recording
    6) The process will be a speedy 312MHz with 32MB of RAM
    7) SD memory slot for expandable storage.

No time-frame or price is known. BUT I'LL BE ON LINE!
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanum
    First Ever Photos of the TREO 650:

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C3147/

650 what was originally the Treo 610. The Treo 600 is currently on the market now and will soon become obsolete. PalmOne will not carry over any of the predecessors accessories to the new model.

The 650 will have:
    1) 1.3MP digital camera
    2) Bluetooth
    3) Higher resolution screen (hopefully 320x320)
    4) Backlight keyboard
    5) Voice recording
    6) The process will be a speedy 312MHz with 32MB of RAM
    7) SD memory slot for expandable storage.

No time-frame or price is known. BUT I'LL BE ON LINE!
    I don't mean to be overly sarcastic, but all that information was broken in this forum. It's very old news to us. Thanks for informing us that the Treo 600 is on the market now. There are 86,224 covering over 10,000 threads on this website on that device alone.

Again, I hope I got just the right amount of sarcasim in there.
    PLEASE ..............

What is EDGE and what is EV-DO

Thanks a bunch.

Dennis -==- Philly
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast