Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Ahhh, come on, you know you have a good question in you.

Sorry for being draconian, but I'm hoping to get a great list together. Sometimes that means skimming some great ideas that just don't fit. Personally the GPS is one of the biggest things for me, but I realize that I can't really include it in this list.
  2.    #22  
    Adding my own questions of Java, and Bundled Apps to the mix...
    Ah I just want to know if the WiFi card from palmOne is compat. with the 650, and how much it's gonna be...but I don't think anyone can answer these questions now .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
  4.    #24  
    Well the point of the thread is just have all the open questions in the open. I don't think anyone can answer a lot of the questions. But as information comes out, we can cross them off the list until we know what we have.

I put Wifi as one of my original questions. I don't think I'll make the question specific enough as to which wi-fi cards work or don't work. Just as long as one does.
    Last edited by bmacfarland; 08/30/2004 at 09:22 AM.
    ok, here's another: how strong is the vibrate mode compared to the 600?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Is it lighter/heavier than the 600?

Does it have a louder (or clearer at louder volumes) speaker for hands-free & ringers?
    Will it keep the same browser as the 600?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    I will echoe the browser question. will there be better rendering of images and faster download speeds? java improvements?
    on browser menus, will blazer 4.0 (or whatever it will be) have an updated home page? only way to know these questions will be to test one in-hand I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    I will echoe the browser question. will there be better rendering of images and faster download speeds? java improvements?
    on browser menus, will blazer 4.0 (or whatever it will be) have an updated home page? only way to know these questions will be to test one in-hand I think.
    I think that would depend on the amnount of memory. 320x320 takes 4 times as much p4ocessing power as 160x160. It owuld be nice if there were some dedicated memory or even a separate graphics processor for display management.I'm sure the CPU won't be 4 times as fast.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    No, but the cpu will be significantly faster. Also, your statement assumes that the all of the cpu cycles in the T600 are required for this, which is simply not true.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    edeab220 wrote:
    Ah I just want to know if the WiFi card from palmOne is compat. with the 650, and how much it's gonna be

From The Register:
    According to PalmOne, the card will work with the Zire 72 and the Tungsten T3 only.

Hopefully it can be hacked into compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    edeab220 wrote:
    Ah I just want to know if the WiFi card from palmOne is compat. with the 650, and how much it's gonna be

From The Register:
    According to PalmOne, the card will work with the Zire 72 and the Tungsten T3 only.

Hopefully it can be hacked into compatibility.
    well, at least those are the only current models supported
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    hmm such good questions... which should I answer?
    uhh...All, Please?

Also, what type of connector will it use? The PUC? Another propreitary format?
    -ancient chinese adage
    well, at least those are the only current models supported

Obviously. I pointed this out because a debate broke out here a few months ago where some members' purchase of the Treo was apparently predicated on WiFi/SDIO compatibility being right around the corner, and they were quite upset when it didn't pan out. I thought their purchase based on an expection not backed up by any official announcement from HS/P1 was naive, and anyone buying a 650 under the same circumstances is being equally naive. The likelihood of a WiFi card for the 650 may be slightly higher, but consider yourself warned.
    Wee:

Here's an easy one: The photo of the bottom of the 650 shows what looks like a standard headphone jack instead of that abominable 2.5" one we're currently saddle with. Does that 650 sport a standard jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Thanks for causing all this excitement!!! Any word on memory? Also hints for sprint release time frame, could it really be mid October?
    i must scarifice a virgin to make sure high speed data is there
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    EDGE and EV-DO are burning for lots of people...although it sounds like EDGE is a no go for this model

also, what about a Treo family and other models this year...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Come on WeeBit!
    -ancient chinese adage
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast