1.    #1  
    It is almost unbelievable but DataViz still did not fix the problem that makes it impossible to edit and save Docs to go documents on the Treo 600.
    If one tries to save a document for more than 4 or 5 times, the Treo crashes and all the editing is LOST, no sync possible because the document cannot be closed!!! Outrageous.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marit
    It is almost unbelievable but DataViz still did not fix the problem that makes it impossible to edit and save Docs to go documents on the Treo 600.
    If one tries to save a document for more than 4 or 5 times, the Treo crashes and all the editing is LOST, no sync possible because the document cannot be closed!!! Outrageous.
    I have used dataviz 6.0 and now 7.0 never had that problem,I have another issue (file searching in v7) but sorry I can't help you yours.

You have tried Dataviz Support right?
    Is there a demo version of DTG 7.0? I went to their site and there was a windows version but it is 32 megs. Never heard of a Palm app that big. Is that the right one?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Is there a demo version of DTG 7.0? I went to their site and there was a windows version but it is 32 megs. Never heard of a Palm app that big. Is that the right one?
    If you download all the applications its close to 5meg, I only downloaded DTG and smart chart and its approx 2meg.

When you download it gives you option of what to load and tells you how much space it is taking up.

32 meg might be everything including the desktop application.
    Can you provide a link? The only demo download I found at DataViz is:

Download Documents To Go Premium Edition for Windows
    (Alternative Download Link)
    Version: 7.002
    File Size: 32,479,352 bytes

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    If you download all the applications its close to 5meg, I only downloaded DTG and smart chart and its approx 2meg.

When you download it gives you option of what to load and tells you how much space it is taking up.

32 meg might be everything including the desktop application.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Can you provide a link? The only demo download I found at DataViz is:

Download Documents To Go Premium Edition for Windows
    (Alternative Download Link)
    Version: 7.002
    File Size: 32,479,352 bytes
    Is it possible to store DTG 7 to the SD card? I tried dragging the app over to my SD card but it only moves the 'start interface' and not the actual applications. Silly because I have 200mb free on the SD card but only 15mb on the RAM of the 600. Obviously I want to store as much as poss on the card. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Is it possible to store DTG 7 to the SD card? I tried dragging the app over to my SD card but it only moves the 'start interface' and not the actual applications. Silly because I have 200mb free on the SD card but only 15mb on the RAM of the 600. Obviously I want to store as much as poss on the card. Any ideas? Thanks.
    This is copied from Dataviz support:

DOCUMENTS TO GO 7.002 or higher only
    Most files installed on the handheld for Documents To Go can be moved to the card. However, ALL components that can be moved must be moved to the card together, or they all must remain on the internal handheld memory. The movement of only a few components to the card without the other components is not officially supported by DataViz.

The following files are installed ont he handheld for Documents To Go. All files with the exception of those with an * can be moved to an expansion card:

DGraphConverter.prc
    Documents.prc*
    DSLib.prc*
    DSlideLib.prc
    DTTFonts.pdb
    DvzSSFonts.pdb
    DXTGAttachmentPlugIn.prc*
    DXTGMailPlugIn.prc*
    English_Am.lex.pdb
    English_Br.lex.pdb
    GraphicsLibrary.prc
    LexLib.prc
    PP_P2P.prc
    SheetToGo.prc
    SlideshowToGo.prc
    SmartChart.prc
    SS_P2P.prc
    WordToGo.prc
    WP_P2P.prc
    WTGFontPackage.prc
    Please note not all files are required so you might not see all components fromt he list above. Also, some files are hidden and they will copy or delete when the parent file is copied or deleted.

How do I move the handheld applications from the handheld to the expansion card?
    Tap on Home (Verify the expansion card is inserted).
    Tap Menu, Copy.
    Verify the Copy From is the Handheld and the To is the name of your expansion card.
    Highlight a file and tap Copy. Repeat the steps for the files you want to copy to the expansion card.
    Now you need to delete the files from the handheld that you just copied to the expansion card.
    Tap on Home.
    Tap Menu, Delete.
    Verify the Delete From is the Handheld.
    Highlight the file and tap Delete. Repeat this step for the files you want to delete from the handheld
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalredfire
    This is copied from Dataviz support:

DOCUMENTS TO GO 7.002 or higher only
    Most files installed on the handheld for Documents To Go can be moved to the card. However, ALL components that can be moved must be moved to the card together, or they all must remain on the internal handheld memory. The movement of only a few components to the card without the other components is not officially supported by DataViz.
    This is the first good reason I've read to upgrade from V6. Moving elements to a card was not supported at all with Palm OS5 devices. Thanks for posting this.
    what's the difference between 6 and 7?

can i download word attachments, open, edit and email back -- all from my treo 600 without sync - can i do this on version 6??

thanks!