1.    #1  
    Had my treo600 for a week, and wasting way too much time on it.

I've been trying to choose among Treo600, SE P900, Motorola E398, and SE K700. Just so that some poor soul may suffer less in a similar situation, I thought I'd post my $0.02 here.

1. E398 and K700: Head-on competitors, both very cool. E398 looks better and more fun. And I dislike SE's relentless (and stupid IMO) push for the Memory Stick format. Why can't everybody just get an SD and get on with their lives?

They are PHONES. If you want a great phone that works, but with moderate PIM functionalities and relatively little flexibility, go grab'em.

2. Treo600 and P900. Head-on competitors, both very cool. Feature-wise, P900 looks somewhat better. But the moment you hold both in your hand, Treo just feels SO much more solid, and P900 feels plain plastic. Symbian has fewer app selections. Did I mention I hate SE's stupid push for Memory Sticks?

BUT, treo600 has no bluetooth nor hi-res screen, as most everyone here knows too well. Life sucks. If they release Treo610 with bluetooth and hi-res soon, that'd be most unfortunate. I'd have to hunt down the sales rep and strangle him.

The diff between E398 and Treo600 is like a model car vs. legos. Treo has most of the basic stuff out of the box, but it can do so much more -- IF you actually enjoy tweaking it, downloading/installing/trying dozens/hundreds completely useless/irelevant apps.

BTW, I got the seidio 2-in-1 stereo back-ear headset. THE BEST rteo600 accessory, hands down, in my book. Highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by continuum
    Had my treo600 for a week, and wasting way too much time on it.

I've been trying to choose among Treo600, SE P900, Motorola E398, and SE K700. Just so that some poor soul may suffer less in a similar situation, I thought I'd post my $0.02 here.

1. E398 and K700: Head-on competitors, both very cool. E398 looks better and more fun. And I dislike SE's relentless (and stupid IMO) push for the Memory Stick format. Why can't everybody just get an SD and get on with their lives?

They are PHONES. If you want a great phone that works, but with moderate PIM functionalities and relatively little flexibility, go grab'em.

2. Treo600 and P900. Head-on competitors, both very cool. Feature-wise, P900 looks somewhat better. But the moment you hold both in your hand, Treo just feels SO much more solid, and P900 feels plain plastic. Symbian has fewer app selections. Did I mention I hate SE's stupid push for Memory Sticks?

BUT, treo600 has no bluetooth nor hi-res screen, as most everyone here knows too well. Life sucks. If they release Treo610 with bluetooth and hi-res soon, that'd be most unfortunate. I'd have to hunt down the sales rep and strangle him.

The diff between E398 and Treo600 is like a model car vs. legos. Treo has most of the basic stuff out of the box, but it can do so much more -- IF you actually enjoy tweaking it, downloading/installing/trying dozens/hundreds completely useless/irelevant apps.

BTW, I got the seidio 2-in-1 stereo back-ear headset. THE BEST rteo600 accessory, hands down, in my book. Highly recommended.

If it's free I'll take it...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Free? Come on now...it's not free....

But I'll give you $5 for it
    $5.50 and some lint!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    What is the service provider for the phone? I might be interested if it is a GSM for T-Mobile or AT&T. Both of my bosses have been ogling over mine.
    $6.75 and a smile