Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #2  


    thanks
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
  2. #3  
    Kinda crappy that they do post proper attribution. It would make you think they got the pictures themselves. Pretty lame.
  3. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    Kinda crappy that they do post proper attribution. It would make you think they got the pictures themselves. Pretty lame.

    I agree credit should be given to the person (weebit) who showed them first.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  4. #5  
    Kinda crappy that they do post proper attribution. It would make you think they got the pictures themselves. Pretty lame
    That's exactly what I felt and I tried to post there just in order to say so, but got a testy, immature reply from the admin: Peter Rojas, that said:

    From: "Peter Rojas" <peter.rojas@engadget.com> Add to Address Book
    To: gfunkmagic@yahoo.com
    Subject: look more closely
    Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:51:46 -0400


    Why don't you read my site more closely before you diss us? Where do you think that "Read" link goes to?
    Regardless if the link was set to the forum thread, the fact that they did NOT specifically mention in the article that the images were from Weebitobbsessed and Treocentral forums is very lame and shows utter unprfessionalism...

    Btw, he never posted my comment on this at all!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #6  
    Those screen shots look very milky and 160 x 160 like. They don't appear to be of a high resolution image!

    -THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
  6. #7  
    i'm drooling
  7. #8  
    I Agree He should have ssaid it up front not try to hide the fact weebiit beat him to the punch.

    Thanks weebit


    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That's exactly what I felt and I tried to post there just in order to say so, but got a testy, immature reply from the admin: Peter Rojas, that said:



    Regardless if the link was set to the forum thread, the fact that they did NOT specifically mention in the article that the images were from Weebitobbsessed and Treocentral forums is very lame and shows utter unprfessionalism...

    Btw, he never posted my comment on this at all!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus Man
    Those screen shots look very milky and 160 x 160 like. They don't appear to be of a high resolution image!

    -THP
    Afraid I disagree. Save a pic and zoom. Lots more detail in curves and fonts.
  9. #10  
    I am not referring to the photos themselves but rather the image resolution on the device itself. (In case that was confusing)

    Enjoy your fantasy. I'm all for it!

    -THP
    Last edited by Nautilus Man; 08/26/2004 at 10:18 PM.
    Think First, ask questions later!
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus Man
    I am not referring to the photos themselves but rather the image resolution on the device itself. (In case that was confusing)

    Enjoy your fantasy. I'm all for it!

    -THP
    I know. I saved the pics and zoomed and it was the on screen graphics in the pics to which I awas referring. The shading under the number keys on the dial pad and the detail on the bluetooth icon at the top specificly

    Zoom in close and look at the "c" in contacts. Much smoother in my opinion.
  11. #12  
    Im scared because of the SIM card slot. I was hoping that they would release the CDMA (sprint) version first. Im praying that this isnt an indicator that a GSM version will be first.

    I remember the days when all of us sprint users were handily playing with our phones while others waited anxiously. I dont want to be put into that position.

    Anyways, this thing looks sweet. I love the idea of a removable battery. With a removable battery the argument that 320x320 resolution drains too much power suddenly doesnt matter.
    Last edited by FreePour; 08/26/2004 at 07:55 PM. Reason: accidentally posted before i typed everything in
  12. #13  
    Looks like MDISI Treo 600 Cradle Owners will get upgrade
    w/48 Hr return shipping, when desired.
    • If w/o External Battery
      • Cost of Battery Cover
      • Cost of Shipping
    • If w/new External Battery

      • Cost of TC External Battery
      • Cost of Shipping
    • Cradles Purchased for the "Treo 650" should have 2 price options

      • Current Price - if with new External Battery
      • Reduced Price for Cradle w/Battery Cover Mount
      • Price TBDTBDTBD $when$ $cost$ $of$ $Battery$ $Cover$ $and$ $External$ $Battery$ $are$ $known$.
    Good to Go ! ~ Carl (aka ArcBody)
  13. #14  
    Hey, the finally centered the screen instead of it being off to one side
  14. #15  
    if i remember correctly, the last time around we though t-mo would be the first, how wrong were we?

    I hope the release the unlocked gsm model first.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  15. #16  
    Notice the GSM simcard slot on the back, and the CDMA hump on the front. Maybe they did this to confuse who will have the original launch?
  16. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #17  
    Why is there a hump on the CDMA versions of the Treo 600?
  17. #18  
    radiation shielding or something. there was a thread quite a while back if I recall.
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Why is there a hump on the CDMA versions of the Treo 600?
    Most probably to dissapate the higher radiation levels of the cdma radio...at least that was the explanation for the Treo600...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    Im scared because of the SIM card slot. I was hoping that they would release the CDMA (sprint) version first. Im praying that this isnt an indicator that a GSM version will be first.

    I remember the days when all of us sprint users were handily playing with our phones while others waited anxiously. I dont want to be put into that position.

    Anyways, this thing looks sweet. I love the idea of a removable battery. With a removable battery the argument that 320x320 resolution drains too much power suddenly doesnt matter.
    And I remember sitting around waiting for the GSM version to show up while my buddies were playing with their CDMA version. I hope the CDMA folks have to sit and wait this time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions