Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Can someone give me advice on what this "multi-adapter" is for the 600? The treo is not bluetooth compatible (insert grunt here... ) so where does this adapter go? How does it communicate with the phone? what's the deal with the "hang ups" or "disconnects" I'm reading about?

In the pics, I keep seeing a wire with a 2.5mm plug coming out of the earpiece. Where does that go?

Is any of this making sense?

Thank you all!!!!!
    Scott
    I have the jabra bt-200 and other than a few work arounds it's great. The multi-adapter plugs in where the headset typically does. This establishes the bluetooth connection to the headset. I haven't had any issues with disconnects, however I do have to turn the headset on (little button on top) before answering the call with the center button on the d-pad. A little inconvenient, but in my mind a lot less of a hassle that being wire bound with the other headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStream
    I have the jabra bt-200 and other than a few work arounds it's great. The multi-adapter plugs in where the headset typically does. This establishes the bluetooth connection to the headset. I haven't had any issues with disconnects, however I do have to turn the headset on (little button on top) before answering the call with the center button on the d-pad. A little inconvenient, but in my mind a lot less of a hassle that being wire bound with the other headsets.
    Have you used callfilter with it's jabra patch?

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...600_v1.2&cid=3
    dutchtrumpet: I have installed and enabled call filter wit the patch. Didn't have any impact. Still have to use both.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStream
    however I do have to turn the headset on (little button on top) before answering the call with the center button on the d-pad.
    The manual for the Jabra specifically says you need to do this to answer with the headset.

But I read somewhere else that you can activate this feature in your headset: Unplug your BT200 from the AC, turn off the head set and insert head set into the base unit. Insert the stylus into the pin hole and hold it for about 10 sec. You will get either 4 blinks or 5 blinks. I believe the 4 blink is active and 5 blink is deactivate.

I don't know if this works myself. I'll try it a little later and see.
    Last edited by lb505; 08/27/2004 at 02:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I appreciate the response to the shut off issues, but What I still don't understand is the following:

It appears there is a "multi adapter" that is attached to the earpiece, but how does it communicate with the phone if there is no bluetooth in the phone itself? Is there also an adapter that is plugged into the phone so they can communicate or is there a software that is added to the phone?

I always thought I was a gadget geek but this one has me scratching my head.....

Any responses will be great!!!!!
    Scott
    The multi adapter attaches to the phone (not the headset) which makes a the phone blue tooth enabled. The headset can then communicate with the phone through the multi adapter.

The callfilter patch will allow you to answer/end the call with the button on the headset so you dont have to turn it on first and then answer the phone. You do have to enable this on the headset however by inserting the the stylus in the pin hole for about 12 secs and it will flash either 4 or 5 times To enable the answer/end button repeat the process until you see 4 flashes.
    I didn't have to activate anything on the headset. Lucky me, it worked right first time
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnsyd
    I appreciate the response to the shut off issues, but What I still don't understand is the following:

It appears there is a "multi adapter" that is attached to the earpiece, but how does it communicate with the phone if there is no bluetooth in the phone itself? Is there also an adapter that is plugged into the phone so they can communicate or is there a software that is added to the phone?

I always thought I was a gadget geek but this one has me scratching my head.....

Any responses will be great!!!!!
    Remove the headset from the multiadapter. There should a plug on the adapter that fits in the bottom of the phone where headphones would plug in.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ok Laurie.. you're getting me closer. I had a feeling it was plugged in to the handset. So does it just hang there?? If it does isn't that kind of inconvenient?

Thanks for your advice....
    Scott
    The adapter just hangs there, plugged into your phone. It's the best we get without real bluetooth. It does work though. You can clip the adapter to your belt to help keep it out of the way.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks Laurie... You're cool. I'm going to have more things on my belt than a carpenter... lol. Seriously... Now that I understand do you think it is worth it? How's the sound on both ends?
    Scott
    "Worth it" is kind of subjective. $$ wise, yes to me it was but I only paid $40 for an almost brand new unit on ebay. I don't know if I would feel the same if I paid $150. The dongle does not bother me because I only use it in the car. Sound on my end is fine and I haven't had complaints from the other end BUT I've only had the unit a few days.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Very subjective.. you are correct. I am also an eBay addict and did the same last night for $40. Probably from the same person who seemed to have many. $14.95 for shipping though... talk about padding the price.

Thanks again for all your help. BTW, even though I live in Boston and obviously follow the "SuperBowl" champions, I wish the Browns the best of luck...
    Scott
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I do know this... the second Verizon/PalmOne come out with the next version that is supposed to have bluetooth built in, I'm on it and my current treo is once again headed to eBay. (I've sold 3 between me and my wife dating back to the 170.)
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnsyd
    BTW, even though I live in Boston and obviously follow the "SuperBowl" champions, I wish the Browns the best of luck...

Thanks My son and I have club seats for the preseason game against Chicago next weekend Look for me in my orange shirt.