Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    BMac, frankly I do not have the time to reread the entire thread BUT I did go through the first 30 or so posts and there is nothing to tell us that Wee did not have the Treo himself. If you know what post that was please just give me the number.

Scott, I am not a P1 plant. I am just trying to bring sense to the hysteria. Gfunk and others as you mentioned have taken it upon themselves to openly attack me so hey, I point out when I feel they are wrong also. I see people seeing things on these boards that they dismiss then go to other sites and post it as gospel. I find that interesting.

Fair is fair, live by the sword, die by the sword. I study Sun Zu for a reason. I did not question the authenticity of the pictures, rather, I questioned if Weebit actually had the device and was the originator of the pictures. If you recall I openly have said dozens of times I am going to get a new one when it is released. I have even made the statement I am in the market for a new car and want to make sure the car works with the new Treo BT profile. I am making a $40k decision based upon this phone. Tell me that is not a commitment????

As to the www.Treo700.com point, I can not take credit for that one. It was another user that found that piece of info. I believe it is a lot closer to the truth then anyone wants to believe but hey, that is just my opinion.
    Just have to say, to base a $40K car decision on a $500 phone isn't a commitment...more likely economically foolish.
    Scott, I started as a professional musician at the age of 9, did that for 20 years, during that same time I spent time both in radio and television hosting my own shows. I have been in sales/sales management ever since working for major corporations both american and japanese and in fact sold some of the very first personal computers in the US. I attained my CDIA (which there are only a few hundred of in the world) and now serve in management in the financial technology field. I grew up in the midwest and have lived in the south and now live in the northeast just about 30 minutes from your town. Can I help it if I am driven? Why do you seem so put off by me? If that is the case just ignore me. The fact you read so intently my words makes me wonder...

And Grim02, the only thing that dataset shows is that the pictures may have been adjusted or doctored in photoshop...right track but not deep enough.
    gharrod,

A few hundred? You make it sound so rare (and therefore you have some special skill)

But there are in fact over 4,600 CDIAs...
    You are only off by 15,000%

And considering the site advertises that "everyone from secretary's to CEO's" should take the exam, I really wonder about its value.

So, if there is some super tricky secret stuff you learn with the CDIA, please share...otherwise, you are just a header scanner.
    Hey, it is cool, I will be quiet again since the stock board boys are controlling the boards. I have no more to say. See ya later...

Opppps, except....TreoMike, Photoshop is like childs play in my world. I can tell you a lot more about an image file then that. And there is a lot of difference between the camera it was taken with versus the profile. But you know more then everyone else so believe what you want to...

See ya, I will wait in the shadows ready to say, told ya so...and btw, good job Kenn...
    I assume you are referring to Ken Wirt, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Marketing
    palmOne, Inc.

Is this some veiled reference, as if he was involved in "the leak"

That is a joke...GMAFB
    Point 1 - Scott does not like me but loves to read my words and then flame me. He couldn't believe I have done all I have done in life to I gave him my quickie resume. But not the really good stuff...we have to have drinks and a date before the really good information dump happens...laughs
    Point 2 - I have questioned from the moment Weebit put the pictures out there for us all whether he actually had an ACE in his possession or not or if these were pictures he acquired. I asked him to identify what they were taken with so I could confirm his answers. Sort of a double-blind truth test. He did not answer.
    Point 3 - On another thread and you will find interesting reading about the regitration of the Treo650.com, Treo670.com and Treo700.com websites. The first 2 are registered to a consultant to P1 and point to the Treo600 page at P1 now. The third one (Treo700.com) is OWNED by P1 but is not active. I believe this tells me there are 3 new Treos in the works.
    Point 4 - The way I get the information out of the pictures I can not share with you for reasons I can not discuss. I have a lot higher up levels I have to be concened about then people here so I apologize for not being able to share this information. Sorry if anyone takes that as cloak and dagger but I like my freedom and will keep it that way.
    Point 5 - A JP Morgan analyst covering P1 says there are a family of Treos to be introduced.
    Point 6 - I believe P1 has mastered the ability to do gorilla marketing and drive us into a frenzy with well placed leaks. Why? Because they knew over the last 2 weeks that BB was going to announce their device at a price under $200 and were desperate to get word out to us the target market to shore up our support.
    Point 7 - I believe that P1 is quaking in their boots at the prospects of the BB at $199 and how that will effect their corporate sales. Their cost of sale is less per unit on corporate deals so that is important to their profitablity.
    Point 8 - Many of us do not understand the economics of corporate america and when we add a $20 camera mechanism to a device it (with markup and design elements being changed, etc...) it adds maybe a multiple of 2-4 times that price to the retail pricing. You get what you pay for and they can not sell at a loss and stay in business. Simple and TRUE.
    Point 9 - Is this enough or do I go on for another couple hours...
    Point 1 - Who cares?

Point 2 - WBO not responding to you proves nothing. Also, it's not double-blind. Refer to http://skepdic.com/control.html for a defintion

Point 3 - Registering domains occurs all the time; I used to do it as a consultant for companies when they were developing products...BFD. One, all or none of the domains may be used. Again, so what?

Point 4 - What kind of cop-out is that? This raises the bull**** flag very high

Point 5 - financial analysts are generally one of the last to know things. Geez, hasn't that been apparent for the last 10 years?

Point 6 - You give Palm WAY to much credit. They are not guerilla marketing experts. (Again, your spelling indicates you lack of understading of the term, and your intelligence)

Point 7 - Quaking? I think that is a bit much. Also the new BB is hardly the Treo killer people make it out to be. Search other threads to see why.

Point 8 - Your understanding of economics and business are, in a nutshell, wrong. Have you ever manufactured a product, or managed a monthly recurring fee service? I didn't think so.

Point 9 - it's enough to show how full of crap you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    gharrod.... you are a freaking moron

period
    'Nuff Said
    Hey all,

I just wanted to take a moment to clarify my comment about the EXIF data (a few pages back) When I asked Gharrod about why it would matter if Wee's photos had the data, it was just purely an example to illustrate that the information would not answer any questions he had. I made up all those EXIF settings just so people who didn't know what EXIF was would have an idea about what kind of information I was talking about. The "May 15th" date was purely made up without any thought at all.

Sorry if it caused confusion. The photos I checked did NOT have data. I should have been more clear in my post. I was just trying to make a point that's all. I would have clarified sooner but I have been working like crazy the last few days.

And Gharrod...as for your comments about PhotoShop being child's play. You have only cemented the fact you are a complete moron. It is the WORLD's leading image manipulation program. It takes years to master. It is the tool of choice for professional image editors worldwide. Pretty much every magazine with imagery (advertisements, photos, illustrations) utilizes that software daily. It is even used to to partially create special effects in many Hollywood movies. How do I know this? I have been working in graphics and multimedia for over 10 years. I am an Adobe Certified Expert which means I have a certified level of knowledge to teach the program. You see...I state FACTS...then I back those FACTS up with why I have that knowledge. Novel concept huh?
    Then Mr Woof you are uninformed and tried to use that to belittle me. That is even more sad then lieing. I apologize for that. As for my music and media career I have a right to the privacy that is afforded me under the constitution and sorry I am not giving that up.

Weebit, I think you asked the pictures be removed. Is that correct? Mind explaining to us all why that is or did I miss your earlier explaination...if so please post the number of the post that explains it so I can read it.

Actually, it's the Bill of Rights that affords the rights you mentioned, not the original Constitution. (albeit an ammendment, it's not what the Constitution was originally written for.)

And it's lying, not lieing. Again, reinforcing your "mm" status at TC.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    And Gharrod...as for your comments about PhotoShop being child's play. You have only cemented the fact you are a complete moron. It is the WORLD's leading image manipulation program. It takes years to master. It is the tool of choice for professional image editors worldwide. Pretty much every magazine with imagery (advertisements, photos, illustrations) utilizes that software daily. It is even used to to partially create special effects in many Hollywood movies. How do I know this? I have been working in graphics and multimedia for over 10 years. I am an Adobe Certified Expert which means I have a certified level of knowledge to teach the program. You see...I state FACTS...then I back those FACTS up with why I have that knowledge. Novel concept huh?
    Not that I disaggree with your character analasys of Gharrod, but what I think he was refering to was that getting information through Photoshop is childs play relative to what he would have us believe he did with the pictures.

Just my 2 cents.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Oh...haha...maybe you are right...either way...
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Sheez, all this disharmony. Why not lets get back to discussing what is bringing all of us together in this forum, the Treo.

Just my $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun
    Sheez, all this disharmony. Why not lets get back to discussing what is bringing all of us together in this forum, the Treo.

Just my $.02
    If it actually happens, that $0.02 of yours would have been worth a million bucks.
    I think we should all take a moment to reflect on this moster of a tread. This thread has encumpesed all things from its intial focus (treo 650 pictures) to politics to OS preferences and to egotism (and I must say there's a lot of it on this board ==cough==Gharrod==WeeBit==cough). Ahh. Ok, continue your offtopic ramblings.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Hey, the flamers have taken over so I will not share the information I have on a open forum, nice knowing you all. I will not continue to be abused by those that don't believe me just because it is not within their belief structure. I have worked with and will continue to work with a lot more impressive programs then Photoshop. Hollywood is not the end all of technology. MikeC, I could care less what your data (frankly I paid no attention to the data you posted) was from your file because the information I get is much more granular then that. Sad you have such limits in your business Treo-mike but I sincerely thank Mwylde for helping straighten that out. But I am dismayed thank MikeC you do not consider the Bill of Rights as a part of the Constitution. Also Freedom of Speech is the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Kind of silly of someone with such little civics background to complain about a single misspelling. Seems you flamers want this board to be about tearing things apart instead of opinions so that is cool. I will not share the important NEW information that came my way this evening and you all that are truly interested in this instead of stock prices can blame the flamers. You all can wait till the release for it. Too bad...because I came in here to share it...
    This thread has gone from exchange of information to flaming each other.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142