Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn
    FWIW, a sprint guy who is "in the know" supposedly has held a couple of different new treos in hand (according to him, sprint has no official name yet other than 'next generation treo') and said the device is in Beta users hands right now with a slated october release. As usual, that's just conjecture and hearsay which, frankly, I'm really tired of. I emailed him the pix from WBO and he said he had seen those pix some time ago and they were "old news" to him... Given a May date stamp, I have to wonder if maybe that is a Beta phone and there was, in fact, some kind of sprint high level confidential gathering which may have included both those pix of the phone AND the .ppt slides.
    Huh? I must be missing something here. The EXIF info section on the pics from WBO that I've just looked at is blank. The pics were posted on 08/26 and two of them show a phone screen displaying the date '08/26/04'. Are we really supposed believe that these were taken in May? That shows a remarkable degree of forward planning!
    gharrod, you're quite the Jack of all trades it seems. I think I've come across about four different posts in the last week where you've claimed to be an expert in varying things.

Regarding the treo700.com domain name...who cares? Yeah, it's registered by palmOne. I honestly don't care if its real or if palmOne registered it to try to throw people off. Who really cares what it gets called or if they've got some additional models planned? What matters are the specs, photos, release date, price info, etc. WeeBit's photos may be part of an elaborate hoax, I suppose, but right now it's the most concrete stuff we've got to go on.

All that said, I agree with others that enough is enough...where are the goods? I'd like to see some official info come out from palmOne already. The Treo 600 is now an old model as far as I'm concerned, and I want to know what they've got coming out, when it will be out, and how much it will cost.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quick Google search for "exif" leads to, among other things, a program called "Exif Reader". It's freeware, try it out. I looked at WeeBit's pictures with the program and found information for the side, back, and top pictures, but the program couldn't seem to read the info for any of the three front pictures - it only had this (the 2 's look like bolded || in the program):

Filename : Treo - FRONT 1.jpg
    Comment : DuckyF
    JFIF_APP15 : Adobe
    Error

Maybe I don't have good versions of the front pics, and that's too bad, because those are obviously the best shots.

The data for the other photos is a bit interesting, and if I'm reading it correctly, the photos were originally taken with a Sony Cybershot on 8-26, starting at 1:21pm. They were then modified with Photoshop 7.0 at 4:29pm of the same day (using the back photo exif for this info). That explains our agonizing wait as WeeBit promised pictures on the way that fateful day.

Here's the exif for the back photo. Maybe someone can look at it and tell us any other revelations.

Filename : Treo - Back.jpg
    JFIF_APP1 : Exif
    JFIF_APP14 : Photoshop 3.0
    JFIF_APP1 : http
    JFIF_APP2 : ICC Profile (offset:19978 size:3151bytes)
    JFIF_APP15 : Adobe
    AdobeResource
    IPTC-NAA : 44Byte
    Unknown (1061) : 16Byte
    Unknown (1002) : 7600Byte
    Macintosh print manager print info : 120Byte
    DisplayInfo : 16Byte
    Unknown (1062) : 14Byte
    GlobalAngle : 4Byte
    Global Altitude : 4Byte
    PrintFlags : 10Byte
    CopyrightFlag : 2Byte
    Print flags : 10Byte
    Color halftoning information : 72Byte
    Color transfer functions : 112Byte
    Grid and Guides information : 16Byte
    URL List : 4Byte
    Slices : 830Byte
    Document specific IDs : 4Byte
    ThumbnailResource : JPEG Format (Offset:12114Size:2278)
    Thumbnail Type : JPEG
    Thumnail Width : 65
    Thumbnail Height : 128
    Version Info : 86Byte
    JPEG quality : 00010100
    IPTC
    Record version : 0002
    Caption :

Main Information
    ImageDescription :
    Make : SONY
    Model : CYBERSHOT
    Orientation : left-hand side
    XResolution : 72/1
    YResolution : 72/1
    ResolutionUnit : Inch
    Software : Adobe Photoshop 7.0
    DateTime : 2004:08:26 16:29:45
    YCbCrPositioning : co-sited
    ExifInfoOffset : 252

Sub Information
    ExposureTime : 1/50Sec
    FNumber : F2.1
    ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
    ISOSpeedRatings : 200
    ExifVersion : 0210
    DateTimeOriginal : 2004:08:26 13:21:35
    DateTimeDigitized : 2004:08:26 13:21:35
    ComponentConfiguration : YCbCr
    CompressedBitsPerPixel : 2/1 (bit/pixel)
    ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0
    MaxApertureValue : F2.0
    MeteringMode : Spot
    LightSource : Unidentified
    Flash : Not fired
    FocalLength : 9.30(mm)
    FlashPixVersion : 0100
    ColorSpace : sRGB
    ExifImageWidth : 288
    ExifImageHeight : 564
    FileSource : DSC
    SceneType : A directly photographed image

Thumbnail Information
    Compression : OLDJPEG
    JPEGInterchangeFormat : 694
    JPEGInterchangeFormatLength : 2250
    Last edited by grim02; 09/10/2004 at 11:00 AM.
    Scott, I started as a professional musician at the age of 9, did that for 20 years, during that same time I spent time both in radio and television hosting my own shows. I have been in sales/sales management ever since working for major corporations both american and japanese and in fact sold some of the very first personal computers in the US. I attained my CDIA (which there are only a few hundred of in the world) and now serve in management in the financial technology field. I grew up in the midwest and have lived in the south and now live in the northeast just about 30 minutes from your town. Can I help it if I am driven? Why do you seem so put off by me? If that is the case just ignore me. The fact you read so intently my words makes me wonder...

And Grim02, the only thing that dataset shows is that the pictures may have been adjusted or doctored in photoshop...right track but not deep enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Main Information
    ImageDescription :
    Make : SONY
    Model : CYBERSHOT
    Orientation : left-hand side
    Software : Adobe Photoshop 7.0
    DateTime : 2004:08:26 16:29:45
    YCbCrPositioning : co-sited
    ExifInfoOffset : 252
    HEY I have a SONY CYBERSHOT, Photoshop 7 and a Mac. But I SWEAR I don't know a thing!!!
    TC don't give my IP to the FBI!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Quick Google search for "exif" leads to, among other things, a program called "Exif Reader". It's freeware, try it out. I looked at WeeBit's pictures with the program and found information for the side, back, and top pictures, but the program couldn't seem to read the info for any of the three front pictures
    My front pics are the same (those were the ones I'd just looked at when I posted above that the EXIF info was blank).
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Scott, I started as a professional musician at the age of 9, did that for 20 years, during that same time I spent time both in radio and television hosting my own shows. I have been in sales/sales management ever since working for major corporations both american and japanese and in fact sold some of the very first personal computers in the US. I attained my CDIA (which there are only a few hundred of in the world) and now serve in management in the financial technology field. I grew up in the midwest and have lived in the south and now live in the northeast just about 30 minutes from your town. Can I help it if I am driven? Why do you seem so put off by me? If that is the case just ignore me. The fact you read so intently my words makes me wonder...

And Grim02, the only thing that dataset shows is that the pictures may have been adjusted or doctored in photoshop...right track but not deep enough.
    gharrod,
    Could you explain exactly what your point is.
    The cloak and dagger is too confusing

Simple bullet pointswould be fine (your thought and why).

Thx.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    gharrod,
    Could you explain exactly what your point is.
    The cloak and dagger is too confusing

Simple bullet pointswould be fine (your thought and why).

Thx.
    Not trying to pile on but that is what I've been trying to say as well. Just state your case in plain language and ignore any personal attacks (if that's what they really are).
    Point 1 - Scott does not like me but loves to read my words and then flame me. He couldn't believe I have done all I have done in life to I gave him my quickie resume. But not the really good stuff...we have to have drinks and a date before the really good information dump happens...laughs
    Point 2 - I have questioned from the moment Weebit put the pictures out there for us all whether he actually had an ACE in his possession or not or if these were pictures he acquired. I asked him to identify what they were taken with so I could confirm his answers. Sort of a double-blind truth test. He did not answer.
    Point 3 - On another thread and you will find interesting reading about the regitration of the Treo650.com, Treo670.com and Treo700.com websites. The first 2 are registered to a consultant to P1 and point to the Treo600 page at P1 now. The third one (Treo700.com) is OWNED by P1 but is not active. I believe this tells me there are 3 new Treos in the works.
    Point 4 - The way I get the information out of the pictures I can not share with you for reasons I can not discuss. I have a lot higher up levels I have to be concened about then people here so I apologize for not being able to share this information. Sorry if anyone takes that as cloak and dagger but I like my freedom and will keep it that way.
    Point 5 - A JP Morgan analyst covering P1 says there are a family of Treos to be introduced.
    Point 6 - I believe P1 has mastered the ability to do gorilla marketing and drive us into a frenzy with well placed leaks. Why? Because they knew over the last 2 weeks that BB was going to announce their device at a price under $200 and were desperate to get word out to us the target market to shore up our support.
    Point 7 - I believe that P1 is quaking in their boots at the prospects of the BB at $199 and how that will effect their corporate sales. Their cost of sale is less per unit on corporate deals so that is important to their profitablity.
    Point 8 - Many of us do not understand the economics of corporate america and when we add a $20 camera mechanism to a device it (with markup and design elements being changed, etc...) it adds maybe a multiple of 2-4 times that price to the retail pricing. You get what you pay for and they can not sell at a loss and stay in business. Simple and TRUE.
    Point 9 - Is this enough or do I go on for another couple hours...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Thanks for the clarification on your views.
    Don't feel like going through all of the threads, but I thought it was pretty clear that weebit did not have the unit in his hands but was getting the pics from someone else who was also giving him information. I had long thought that it was likely that the person who was sending weebit the pics was a P1 type. Why would he do that? Well could be an intentional leak as I speculated early on, or could be some guy who gets off on being the 'leaker' In any case, I feel its likely that the weebit photos were genuine pics of an early production or test model, perhaps a bit out of date at this point but who knows?
    snip...Point 6 - I believe P1 has mastered the ability to do gorilla marketing and drive us into a frenzy with well placed leaks. Why? Because they knew over the last 2 weeks that BB was going to announce their device at a price under $200 and were desperate to get word out to us the target market to shore up our support.
    Point 7 - I believe that P1 is quaking in their boots at the prospects of the BB at $199 and how that will effect their corporate sales. snip...
    ...and I believe the insider trading data for PLMO supports this also !!!
    Point 4 - The way I get the information out of the pictures I can not share with you for reasons I can not discuss. I have a lot higher up levels I have to be concened about then people here so I apologize for not being able to share this information. Sorry if anyone takes that as cloak and dagger but I like my freedom and will keep it that way.
    So you can not tell us how you get the information, but can you tell us what is so interesting about the information you garnered from the pics?
    Nope
    Short, but sweet...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Yep
    Please tell me anyone does it sort contacts by Company!
  18.    #798  
    gharrod.... you are a freaking moron

period
    Point 1 - Scott does not like me but loves to read my words and then flame me. He couldn't believe I have done all I have done in life to I gave him my quickie resume. But not the really good stuff...we have to have drinks and a date before the really good information dump happens...laughs
    I didn't say that you weren't an expert in five different very different things, I was just pointing out that you've gone out of your way to brag about this in several recent posts. My point was simply that you seem to be quite full of yourself.

Point 2 - I have questioned from the moment Weebit put the pictures out there for us all whether he actually had an ACE in his possession or not or if these were pictures he acquired. I asked him to identify what they were taken with so I could confirm his answers. Sort of a double-blind truth test. He did not answer.
    I'd be interested to know as well, but I don't know why it should matter.

Point 3 - On another thread and you will find interesting reading about the regitration of the Treo650.com, Treo670.com and Treo700.com websites. The first 2 are registered to a consultant to P1 and point to the Treo600 page at P1 now. The third one (Treo700.com) is OWNED by P1 but is not active. I believe this tells me there are 3 new Treos in the works.
    Or simply that palmOne is trying to throw people off about the most unimportant of things (the name of the device). Remember that some palmOne rep claimed that they registered several different URLs to throw people off prior to the first Tungsten device (I believe Veld was one name they threw out for public consumption).

Which means that it adds no value to the discussion. Perhaps we should start up a new thread for people who know something special about the new Treo release but aren't allowed to say due to NDAs. They can just reply to the thread saying, "Hey, I know something, but I can't tell you."

Point 5 - A JP Morgan analyst covering P1 says there are a family of Treos to be introduced.
    Well, that isn't really new news. Didn't someone from palmOne publically say a long while back that they'd be developing multiple Treos?

Point 6 - I believe P1 has mastered the ability to do gorilla marketing and drive us into a frenzy with well placed leaks. Why? Because they knew over the last 2 weeks that BB was going to announce their device at a price under $200 and were desperate to get word out to us the target market to shore up our support.
    What does a frenzy of early adopter geeks buy them? Most of the folks here don't seem to be too interested in this new BB and most average users don't know that Treocentral exists.

Point 7 - I believe that P1 is quaking in their boots at the prospects of the BB at $199 and how that will effect their corporate sales. Their cost of sale is less per unit on corporate deals so that is important to their profitablity.
    I certainly agree that palmOne probably isn't happy about it. As I've said before, they've been able to sell the Treo 600 at an insane profit margin. That party's over. Hawkins may not be able to buy Carl's old 24kt pin-striped suit after all.

Point 8 - Many of us do not understand the economics of corporate america and when we add a $20 camera mechanism to a device it (with markup and design elements being changed, etc...) it adds maybe a multiple of 2-4 times that price to the retail pricing. You get what you pay for and they can not sell at a loss and stay in business. Simple and TRUE.
    Explain to me again why there are numerous cameraphones available for free with contract? It's a $20 part. palmOne doesn't need to mark it up, they want to mark it up.

Point 9 - Is this enough or do I go on for another couple hours...
    Yes, please stop.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Guys, I have some really exciting information about the next Treo model I can't tell you what it is, but let me tell you it is spectacular! And I got this from a very, very reliable source. Oh but I can't tell you that either. Oh and some interesting news about WiFi...well I'd better not tell you. But trust me I am in a position to know these things...of course I'll never tell you why, but let it be known in these forums that I am the friggin' man! Or am I a woman? Dammit I wish I could tell you that too but alas it's never going to happen people. Or is it? Well I can't tell you that either........
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY