Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142 LastLast
    now you all are starting to think in the right direction...you are getting warmer...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    gharrod and Treo600Mad are a pair!

Guys, did we really land a man on the moon?

gharrod, I did the same "header" analysis on the images you did and was able to find a secret bitmapped image containing both the location and the launch codes for the "lost" WMDs in Iraq.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    now you all are starting to think in the right direction...you are getting warmer...
    OK, but give us some proof to back up your theory.
    BigTex, just ignore me. If you can't handle all I have to say then simply ignore me and I will not bother you...see how easy that is??
    TxDot, in due time. I will not be silenced also. I am a bit smarter then that.
    T600Mad, I tried also to make that point and was flamed mercilessly. I am among other things a Certified Document Imaging Architect and I have software that can read the header of an image which contains a lot of information about the profile of the device that took the picture so I would be able to assure whether he actually had a ACE in his possession or had simply passed on the pics that I believe came from other sources.
    Ummm, didn't WBO openly say that he doesn't have the device in his hands, and the person he was getting the pictures and information from isn't very tech minded? At least that's how I recall this thread starting. If that's the case, than there's no doubt that he didn't take the pictures himself. Thus, I don't know what we are trying to prove, it seems we all agree even WBO.
    Interesting. My personal conspiracy theory over the last couple of weeks is that gharrod himself is a plant by palmOne (or Sprint) as he has made it a habit to question the credibility of established users (e.g., gfunkmagic), question the validity of seemingly obvious information (e.g., actual photos of the Treo 650/ACE), and (most recently) proposing completely new ideas altogether (e.g., Treo 700 domain registration).

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    TxDot, in due time. I will not be silenced also. I am a bit smarter then that.
    Well I don't want you to be silent. That's why I'm encouraging you to speak up. I don't understand your last sentence.
    TxDot, lets just say PalmOne appears to be very carefully monitoring the responses and chatter on these boards. Yesterday we brought up a fact on one of these boards and today P1 has made a change to something. They never thought we would figure this out . I am being careful not to put myself into a place others have where they have siad too much and now can say no more. Sorry for being coy but it keeps me free.
    BMac, frankly I do not have the time to reread the entire thread BUT I did go through the first 30 or so posts and there is nothing to tell us that Wee did not have the Treo himself. If you know what post that was please just give me the number.

Scott, I am not a P1 plant. I am just trying to bring sense to the hysteria. Gfunk and others as you mentioned have taken it upon themselves to openly attack me so hey, I point out when I feel they are wrong also. I see people seeing things on these boards that they dismiss then go to other sites and post it as gospel. I find that interesting.

Fair is fair, live by the sword, die by the sword. I study Sun Zu for a reason. I did not question the authenticity of the pictures, rather, I questioned if Weebit actually had the device and was the originator of the pictures. If you recall I openly have said dozens of times I am going to get a new one when it is released. I have even made the statement I am in the market for a new car and want to make sure the car works with the new Treo BT profile. I am making a $40k decision based upon this phone. Tell me that is not a commitment????

As to the www.Treo700.com point, I can not take credit for that one. It was another user that found that piece of info. I believe it is a lot closer to the truth then anyone wants to believe but hey, that is just my opinion.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Well, since we are talking conspiracy theories, here's mine. P1 learns that RIM and Nokia are about to release interesting new PDA phones. The next Treo is not ready yet (or there's too much unsold inventory). How does P1 keep prospective Treo Ace buyers from going with the next new thing? Simple. Leak some information about the Ace. Get enough buzz going that people are comparing the Ace to the RIM and Nokia phones, not the Treo 600.
    It's an old IBM trick. "You don't want that new computer from Brand X. We're coming out with something better in the Fall".
    well iceman6, dunno if the leaked information so far is so much better than the competition ...

as the innovation cycle of the competition has become something of MAXIMALLY one year and P1's MINIMALLY a year, they really have to start scratching their heads how to keep up with the new pace ...

most fantastic would be an upgradable version - that could partly be solved over cards ...

I for myself wont wait until november - or will I - there is no real alternative, is there, and P1 knows that ...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ..then i hope they hear that I'll drop my t600 for the first CD (converged device) that has AV recording in addition to the standard everything else. .... what is this silent pictures garbage I'm hearing about? What am I Charlie Chaplin? I like my t600 alot, but my wife came by with her freebie work LX cell phone and started emailing me av messages with her tiny little phone and i felt like a dork for babbling for solong to her about my t600.
    Now I ask to borrow it everytime I go out to shoot stuff and leave the brick at home!

PALM 1: ITS GOT TO HAVE - BLUE TOOTH & AV limited by memory only
    if you're really going to be competitive in this current second generation marketplace

Omoanya
    gharrod wrote: I am among other things a Certified Document Imaging Architect and I have software that can read the header of an image which contains a lot of information about the profile of the device that took the picture so I would be able to assure whether he actually had a ACE in his possession or had simply passed on the pics that I believe came from other sources.
    So is this a really fancy way of saying you have photoshop and you wanted to read the photos EXIF data? LOL

So let's say the photos had EXIF data (yes I looked to): Let's say they told you the shot was taken on May 15,2004 at 5:13 pm with a Canon S400 digital camera and that the shutter speed was 1/251 sec...and that it was a one chip color area sensor....

Exactly how would that prove or disprove that Weebit had it in his posession or not???
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omoanya
    ..then i hope they hear that I'll drop my t600 for the first CD (converged device) that has AV recording in addition to the standard everything else. .... what is this silent pictures garbage I'm hearing about? What am I Charlie Chaplin? I like my t600 alot, but my wife came by with her freebie work LX cell phone and started emailing me av messages with her tiny little phone and i felt like a dork for babbling for solong to her about my t600.
    Now I ask to borrow it everytime I go out to shoot stuff and leave the brick at home!

PALM 1: ITS GOT TO HAVE - BLUE TOOTH & AV limited by memory only
    if you're really going to be competitive in this current second generation marketplace

Omoanya
    Ahh the IMATE/XDA II has this and been around for ages and so does the new XDA IIs and IMATE PDA2K just being released, and the Benq P50 will more than likely have this too!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    BigTex, just ignore me. If you can't handle all I have to say then simply ignore me and I will not bother you...see how easy that is??

As long as you are talking "smack" I will call you on it!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    ...the shot was taken on May 15,2004 at 5:13 pm...
    Strangely coincidental to the Powerpoint slide, I believe.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    well... IF palm1 is reading, I WILL purchase the next converged device phone with a keyboard, higher res screen, and built-in bluetooth. At this point all the cloak and dagger stuff is really pissing me off. If palm wants my biz, release the damn thing or at least ofically announce it and give us a relatively solid availability date. At this point I will probably buy an XDAIII and be done for another year. If palm then "announces" or suddenly releases a product without prior announcements shortly after my new phone purchase, I'll be even more irritated at palm for not giving me some kind of heads up and will probably never return to their products for the sheer fact that they chose that path of marketing (hoping more users would buy 600s?). Does anyone remember how far in advance they announced the 600? At least 6 months... they sent me regular emails to keep me "on the hook" Why the hell would P1 not follow the same strategy.

FWIW, a sprint guy who is "in the know" supposedly has held a couple of different new treos in hand (according to him, sprint has no official name yet other than 'next generation treo') and said the device is in Beta users hands right now with a slated october release. As usual, that's just conjecture and hearsay which, frankly, I'm really tired of. I emailed him the pix from WBO and he said he had seen those pix some time ago and they were "old news" to him... Given a May date stamp, I have to wonder if maybe that is a Beta phone and there was, in fact, some kind of sprint high level confidential gathering which may have included both those pix of the phone AND the .ppt slides. The whole thing could be some kind of grand hoax I suppose. Then again, it could be real and palm is desperately trying to keep the lid on. Either way it pisses me off that P1 would let it go this far and not clarify to their most likely new purchasers: those who have a 600 and would buy a new one in a heartbeat

Back on point: Palm 1 pay attention . I like my treo, but no bluetooth and lo-res suck. Let the market know what your plans are or you WILL lose customers very, very soon as there are numerous devices hitting. The XDAIII is in sprint's marketing release calendar for sept/oct....
    Hey, it is cool, I will be quiet again since the stock board boys are controlling the boards. I have no more to say. See ya later...

Opppps, except....TreoMike, Photoshop is like childs play in my world. I can tell you a lot more about an image file then that. And there is a lot of difference between the camera it was taken with versus the profile. But you know more then everyone else so believe what you want to...

See ya, I will wait in the shadows ready to say, told ya so...and btw, good job Kenn...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I will be quiet again since the stock board boys are controlling the boards.
    What? Who are the stock board boys?

Ignore the nay sayers and provide substantiation to back up your view point. I'm not disagreeing with you but at the same time I don't agree with you either because you haven't provided enough info for why you believe the way you do.