Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I don't know about yours, but mine works great (folks say they hear me clearly on the other end of a speakerphone conference). As for hearing the other guy, it works the best on a flat, hard surface where the sound from the speaker is reflected outward (sounds louder to me).
    The Treo 600 has the best speakerphone I've used or any of roughly 15 friends that I've talked to on it. Not one person has been able to tell they are even on speakerphone.
    I sure hope the 650 will have voice recording and voice dialing built in. Seeing how palmone is trying to make the Treo more "phone-like" I would assume that voice dialing would be a must.
    i never said i supported terorrorism, i said i supported the palestinian cause, but anyways, like you said, politics is over. still waiting for an answer to my question, though i doubt you have the info to answer it...
    I'm a victim of the spekarephone echo issues, no matter what I do or how I hold the phone it seems, the person on the other end always hears an echo. Tried starting in normal phone mode, turning on the speaker, then back off, and on again but no joy. Maybe I can get a warranty replacement/upgrade when the 650 comes out (wishful thinking)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85
    You DO realize that the Palestinians would stop their terrorist activities when the Isreali's stop stealing their land? Who gave Britain the right 50 years ago to totally uproot a people just to give land to people who think they're "The Chosen Ones"?

You can't defacate over an entire group of people for half a century and expect them not to respond in anyway they can. The Irish are doing it in the UK, the Basque are doing it in Spain, so on and so forth. If the Republicans in the US would stop supporting Isreal's murderous policy perhaps the Isreali's would finally be pressured to make peace with their neighbors around them.

As for the absolutely idiotic "War on Terror" wake the hell up. Its a convienent catch phrase neoconservative pro-murder-death-kill-for-profit hawks can use to keep us in state of perpetual war. When you're enemy is terror there is NEVER a finishing point. There is never an endgame. You can NEVER say you've won. There's no enemy capital to conquer, no land to occupy. You will ALWAYS BE AT WAR. But then again that's a perfect setup for those who want to cast themselves as the "Mighty Macho Protectors of the Free World" and their military contractor buddies who are currently raking in the dough.

Ugh why did you have to bring politics into this thread?

Why?

Bringing it up in this thread shows how many uninformed individuals there are, who are not very good students of history.

Most people really need to study history, and the facts about things before they shoot their mouths off.

Not to paint with the broad brush, but when you hear "suicide bomber" is it usually prefaces with "Muslim" (religious) or "Palestinian" ("state").

We don't see many "Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist/Shinto/American/Canadian/Spanish/French" suicide bombers.

I wonder why? <insert media conspiracy here>

Unfortunately, until condemnation of acts AND ACTION occurs internally within certain groups, it will be be a tough road to hoe. (and a reformation within Islam couldn't hurt either (every other major religion has already had theirs)).

The future is written in the past; you just need to learn the language.

OK...politics off.
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    what about FAX support ?
    will we be able to send receive FAXes with the ACE ( provided you have a soft viewer, which is not the problem... )
    Faxing in and out already works with efax and AcidImage Pro.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    ooh, I just noticed my post was #666 in this thread. Scaaaaarrry.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    PLEASE use the "OFF-TOPIC" forum for these political debates. I am subscribed to this thread and I continue to be notified of Political Rants in a thread/forum where I am waiting (very anxiously) for more news from WeeBit about the T650.

Thank You
    Last edited by leadtrumpetdave; 08/31/2004 at 12:01 PM. Reason: completed thought
    It's funny how everyone says their piece and then signs off saying 'no politics' or 'polictics off'.

PS: The Suicide bomber who killed Rajiv Gandhi, ex prime minister of India, was a Sri Lankan Tamil and she was not Muslim. Anyhow, as much as Islam and terrorism may have been in the news, together that is, I don't think it is right to pick on any particular relegion. Terrorism is terrorism, regardless of what name or cause one disguises it as. As for Bush and his war against terrorism, personally I think it is nothing but a farce, and is only being used for personal and nationilistric gains. How else can you explain the loooooooooong list of dictators and puppet regimes/nations across the world, supported by republican presidents in the past and present. Ironically some of these nations have been at the fore front of the terror against the US and the Bush administration continues to be in bed with such nations.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/31/2004 at 03:35 PM.
  10. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    It's funny how everyone says their piece and then signs off saying 'no politics' or 'polictics off'.

PS: The Suicide bomber who killed Rajiv Gandhi, ex prime minister of India, was a Sri Lankan Tamil and she was no Muslim. Anyhow, as much as Islam and terrorism may have been in the news, together that is, I don't think it is right to pick on any particular relegion. Terrorism is terrorism, regardless of what name or cause one disguises it as. As for the Bush and his war against terrorism, personally I think it is nothing but a farce, and is only being used for personal and nationilistric gains. How else can you explain the loooooooooong list of dictators and puppet regimes/nations across the world, supported by republican presidents in the past and present. Ironically some of these nations have been at the fore front of the terror against the US and the Bush administration continues to be in bed with such nations.
    Please....no more politics!!!!!!!!!!!
    Moderator, PLEASE DELETE OFF-TOPIC POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!! Alright people, back to drooling over the Ace okay?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What part of no more politics do you people not understand? That means no more last words, no more last 2 cents, NO MORE POLITICS AT ALL!

Start another thread for it if you must but the folks here just want to hear about Treos and only Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb
    Please....no more politics!!!!!!!!!!!
    No more final input, .02, PS's, or last words on Israel, Bush, Terror, or anything else NOT RELATED TO THE TREO 650!!!!!

(big inhale/exhale)

Are we close to a new tidbit of knowledge, WBO?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I'm a victim of the spekarephone echo issues, no matter what I do or how I hold the phone it seems, the person on the other end always hears an echo. Tried starting in normal phone mode, turning on the speaker, then back off, and on again but no joy. Maybe I can get a warranty replacement/upgrade when the 650 comes out (wishful thinking)

please let me know how u fare cuz i have the same situation. got the failed notice from sprint and everything.
    Oh yeah and further more

No more posts about no more posts!!

And no more posts about not posting posts about no more posts.

And no saying"Yes! I agree", to posts about not posting posts about no more posts

And no more "stop repeating 'I agree' over and over" to "yes I agree posts" to posts about not posting posts about no more posts!

What were we talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Oh yeah and further more

No more posts about no more posts!!

And no more posts about not posting posts about no more posts.

And no saying"Yes! I agree", to posts about not posting posts about no more posts

And no more "stop repeating 'I agree' over and over" to "yes I agree posts" to posts about not posting posts about no more posts!

What were we talking about?

hahahaha
    "Please remove me from this distribution list"

How many times have you seen that flood of emails come through at the company you work for when people reply to everyone and their mother?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    100th, I bet you're gonna be disappointed. I'ld be very suprised if the Ace supported either Edge or 1xEvDo in this next generation...
    I can't say I disagree with you malheureusement, as you can see from these two posts that I made earlier in this thread. High Hopes lead to let downs I guesss

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    sorry, I have another one to give that is going to result in being flamed like a lamb on spit

Okay, for the radios:

I predict 2 models: Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE and CDMA 1x RTT

At BEST, there will be the addition of WCDMA 2100 for European countries

I hate to say it, but Operator adoption of WCDMA 1900 and EV-DO in the USA is not sufficient for a handset manufacturer to implement those yet. I agree, it would be forwarding thinking...but it would also cut off the foot and inspiration for geeks like us to buy a new model next year. Also, I predict EV-DO for the late 2005 CDMA2K model and WCDMA 1900 to be implemented in the GSM model for late 2006

Flame ON

We all want great handsets, but with the upgrades mentioned, it is a worthy update and worthy of sales. But its like a girl on the first date, she can't give it all away if she wants the boy to come around later

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    ...I just can't see it happening...with the logic that EV-DO is in 2 cities, then it should be likely that WCDMA 1900 would be included since that is in 4 cities. I mean...when we are talking about a few cities and at least 6 months or more for a REAL nationwide roll out and people to start actually using the stuff...I mean, i think that P1 is gonna wait for next year to add those technologies

My sourpuss side aside, I WOULD LOVE to see all of the above included, but I just don't see it happening
    and I think that P1 is gonna have major issues with European customers if they don't add WCDMA 2100 in this model or one to be released very soon according to the family of treos theory
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Moderator, PLEASE DELETE OFF-TOPIC POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!! Alright people, back to drooling over the Ace okay?!
    I would rather drool over your avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Faxing in and out already works with efax and AcidImage Pro.
    ...yeah, only i don't want to go through no efax service, thank you...