Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

You can pre-order Treo 650 at Treo Ace
    Hi, I can't wait to get my hands on the Treo 650.
    I've been waiting since beginning of the year for the improved model.
    Lick ! Lick !

Anyone knows when is the International model available ?

Cheers !
    Hi Samm27,

you are wonderful ! I just send in my pre-order.
    But I'm not sure whether the GSM version is available cos I'm using it in Asia.

Many Thanks !

Best Regards

/Terry Wan
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I don't own a UX but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Power$ $Save$ $feature$ $on$ $the$ $UX$ $series$ $that$ $copies$ $data$ $from$ $volitile$ $DRAM$ $to$ $the$ $Nand$ $chip$ $is$ not automatic as you would expect it to be. It is a feature that you use if you know your handheld will be off for long time and you would like to save battery power. The Power Save backs up the contents of RAM up to non-volatile memory and then completely shuts the handheld down...everything is turned off like alarms etc. In this state, the handheld uses no power at all and the battery level will essentially be unchanged even if the handheld is off for days or weeks. Shutting down takes about 15 seconds and starting up takes about 25 seconds. Hopefully on the Treo Ace, this Power Save funtionality will be automatic when the battery drains dangerously low or when you want to swap batteries...
    Lol. I never know that my Treo is going to be off for a long period of time because it's never off for a long period of time! As a minimum, I use the phone and PIM during the day, finish the day reading an ebook and then Bob's Alarm wakes me up next morning. Unless backup to the Nand on the 650 is automated I can't really see the point for me unless my usage patterns change, and even then there doesn't seem to be much of an advantage over backup to SD (except the nand chip is less likely to pop out ).
    Finally, one important point that apparently no here has yet mentioned is the limitations PalmOS puts on the type of file types that can be stored on ram. For example, most multimedia file types like mp3 and mpg cannot be stored on ram. The Clie UX series way of handling ram allow the use of the internal media (via Nand chip) to store these types of file types on ram. The advantage is that it is much faster than external media and would be a boon to things like mp3 ringers etc imo... Anyway like I said before, this is all rumor at this point and it is not even known for sure whether PalmOne will use a Nand chip least of all whether there will be any extra file store. At this point, we can only hope b/c this would a killer funtionality in the Ace if true imo...
    Extra file store would be great (especially if there was 32 Mb)
    Almost all OS 5.x apps should be compatible with exceptions to those that only support low rez screens. However in most cases, there should be high rez versions available...
    FWIW, going the other way, hi-res OS 5 (Tungsten T) to low-res OS 5 (Treo 600) went mostly without a hitch, IIRC. I can't recall anything that worked on the TT that wasn't just fine on the Treo and all I did was give the Treo the same user name and then hotsync. Launcher X might have been an exception; I had to reinstall it for some reason early on, but I can't really remember what the problem was now. There was also a bit of a wait for a data counter (TrafficStat) that worked with the 600.
    That site has NO pre-ordering.

It is simply an email list set up by some tiny cell phone retailer, who'll be lucky to get a single 650 months after Amazon gets containers full of them.

I think the original poster is just a shill for the website, which has no new information. Shame shame shame.

Quote Originally Posted by samm27

You can pre-order Treo 650 at Treo Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    Launcher X might have been an exception; I had to reinstall it for some reason early on, but I can't really remember what the problem was now.
    Launcher X lets you remove the redundant bitmap data when you run it; probably when you installed it on your TT, you let it delete the low-res data, which unfortunately means the executable wouldn't be able to run on a low-res device such as the Treo600.
    where's weebit??

we've been teased and tormented allllllllllllllllll weekend!
    we deserve a little monday morning snack!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    where's weebit??

haha...my ultimate monday morning snack would be having the 650 in my hand .

WeeBit shall come back...hopefully...
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    hell, having the treo 650 in my hands wouldn't be a snack, it would be the whole enchilada!!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beanster
    That site has NO pre-ordering.

It is simply an email list set up by some tiny cell phone retailer, who'll be lucky to get a single 650 months after Amazon gets containers full of them.

I think the original poster is just a shill for the website, which has no new information. Shame shame shame.
    yeah i saw that a mile away. probably just collecting a mailing list for themselves or to sell to others for targeted treo nutjobs like ourselves
  12.    #612  
    where's weebit??

Hmmmm.. yes.... where is he?

Perhaps... working?

-M
    With all the chatter about the keyboard and now the extra alt keys etc. I agree that there is no need for 2 of any key since real estate is so valuable.

I vote to add a TAB key since I am always in need of one and usually have to bring up the graphical version in whatever app to get the TAB.

Just a thought ... (that and bring back the uniquely colored number keys).

I also agree with the comments on the new antenna .. at least paint it grey and not black like the current one.

PalmOne I know you are reading this thread!
    god, weebit! you're such a tease!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    I vote to add a TAB key since I am always in need of one and usually have to bring up the graphical version in whatever app to get the TAB.
    You know that shift + space gives you a tab?
    Rumor has it (well, poorly backed up message board post(s)) that the CEO of PalmOne is going to say something or other tomorrow (Tuesday, 31 August).

Since that's the last day of their quarter they could simply be announcing something good or bad w.r.t. financials.

Then again, he could say something about the next TREO, too.

Or maybe both!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Rumor has it (well, poorly backed up message board post(s)) that the CEO of PalmOne is going to say something or other tomorrow (Tuesday, 31 August).

Since that's the last day of their quarter they could simply be announcing something good or bad w.r.t. financials.

Then again, he could say something about the next TREO, too.

Or maybe both!
    The Timing also coincides with the CEBIT World Informatics Eurasia Meeting / Show.
    god, weebit! you're such a tease!
    that's how a true playa does it!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    WHAT is the acceptable rate of "bad units"?

I am REALLY hesitant to buy another Treo after having so many quality issues that resulted in replacements.

Have we any indication that PalmOne has addressed the manufacturing and (lack of) pre-testing operations that resulted in totally unacceptable failure rates?

Unless I have solid assurance otherwise, I think this time I'll let you guys take the early serial numbers.

I bought a Sprint T600, and a Cingular T600 (each in the first week of release) and both have been replaced multiple times.

What have you heard? I'd like to add an ACE to Santa's list this year.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    The big question is will it support EV-DO?