Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    So does this pose a problem to the external battery theory or construction? Could that part be a face plate that comes off and then the battery is removed from within the device? I don't know I just assumed the entire lower portion was the battery. Hopefully the ESN #'s are inside the unit under the battery, but then why would webit's source cover it up??? Or could there just be other critical info that was covered up.

Food for thought
    craig,

i had the same thought when i saw the cover, but I think is is more likely that you slide the cover off and remove the battery. the cover isn't part of the battery.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    behold! he who goes there... it is the appearance of the one, the only, man in jeans, himself.... the legendary.... mr jake erhlich... designer of the phantom v itself....
    welcome back, creative one!
    tis good to see an old fellow early adopter of the once novel treo 300 among us again! cheers, indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts

So does this pose a problem to the external battery theory or construction? Could that part be a face plate that comes off and then the battery is removed from within the device? I don't know I just assumed the entire lower portion was the battery. Hopefully the ESN #'s are inside the unit under the battery, but then why would webit's source cover it up??? Or could there just be other critical info that was covered up.

Food for thought
    My guess would be that the carriers name is being covered up on the back (and photoshopped out on the front). Unless that is not a removable battery and the release button is really a huge reset button.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    behold! he who goes there... it is the appearance of the one, the only, man in jeans, himself.... the legendary.... mr jake erhlich... designer of the phantom v itself....
    welcome back, creative one!
    tis good to see an old fellow early adopter of the once novel treo 300 among us again! cheers, indeed!
    Hi Treobk214!

It is good to be back. The new Treocentral.com discussion forum looks great!

Actually I started with a Treo 270, then a 300, then a 600. Next of course will be a 650 or Ace, and then who knows? It looks like there may very well be a Phantom Six.

Cheers!
    Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    very few people, if any, passed on the Treo 600...in fact, many bought it, making it an enormous success, despite your prognostications.
    Though I admit I was one who rediculed Jake for his eyeball controlled UI, I did skip the 600 (mainly) because of the low-res screen (I have a 300).
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    you are one of the few, the proud, the $400 richer :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    very few people, if any, passed on the Treo 600...in fact, many bought it, making it an enormous success, despite your prognostications.
    Mike,

I am only speaking from my own experience. I always try to get people to buy Treo 600s, but I have many, many freinds who passed on it because of the screen. I would tell them they should buy it anyway, but they would not budge. I don't know why, but they would not.

That's all.
    Sergio
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Jake,
    different folks for diffrent folks.

Now the real question...where are the JakeE Jeans? Were they released?
    Well Here's my 2 cents worth ... as I said 90% Love it .. I can only imagine how much more of a webpage you can see with the higher res screen!

I have to agree with past posts .. the blue text on the keyboard looks cheap. Also I miss the number keys being colored differently - I find it useful.

I currently have the GSM version and I must say I am not a fan of the big hump on the TDMA .. this seems to have the hump on the GSM?

Hmmm bluetooth GPS!!
    over 128,000 views in less than a week?!! That's gotta be a record. Pleasehave a flash with camera got dangit
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Not having to rely on Backupman for fear of power loss is a big problem with the current Treo 600 imo..."
    The manual says 'If the battery drains to the point where your Treo doesn’t turn on, the Treo stores your data safely for about three days'. I've always been reassured by this, and, presuming it's true, data loss shouldn't be a major worry unless you're more than three days from a charger. But yes, I do backup daily and synchronise frequently, just in case!

gfunk, do you know how the nand chip backup thing on the UX machines works? I mean, when is the data written to the backup store and does the software scan for modified files or dump all the data in RAM to backup periodically?
  13.    #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    it is the sabath.

Ah.. yes Shabbos in the Catskills... nothing like it
    nice rest after the big presentation here
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  15.    #575  
    Hey all... just for the record... this is a nice comparison... way to go treonauts

http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/08/treo_650_600_si.html
    The manual says 'If the battery drains to the point where your Treo doesn’t turn on, the Treo stores your data safely for about three days'. I've always been reassured by this, and, presuming it's true, data loss shouldn't be a major worry unless you're more than three days from a charger. But yes, I do backup daily and synchronise frequently, just in case!
    I know this is true of the 300, and I can assume that it would be true of the 600.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    FWIW, I stand corrected on there NOT being a "front" mic on the 650, but is is now more on the bottom of the unit istead of on the front as in the Sprint slide pic.

Not that anybody is likely to find my previous post amongst all of this, what a thread!
    Last edited by midmofan; 08/29/2004 at 11:55 AM.
    jake, would you be kind enough to show us the blueprints for your phantox
    got jumbled above. blueprints for your phantom six? can you drop us a pic? thanks.
    I would love to see a simple keyboard mod/overlay that would restore the colored number keys. If it's an overlay I guess it would have to be translucent or something.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Also I miss the number keys being colored differently - I find it useful.