Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Hahahaha!

A flash would not be kind to battery life. One picture and you may be stranded without phone service.

The better optics and camera software will take away some of the flash depedency. I say this not knowing anything about the technology actually being used though. But we do know at this point that it WILL be a better camera to some degree.
    True, it will be a better camera, but a flash would have been so useful for illuminating inside shots. Although I use Brightcam, a flash is -- a flash.

Now about a October drop date, that will be a nice time for a early Nov. birthday present to myself. -lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Brightcam has nothing to do with taking pictures
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    True, it will be a better camera, but a flash would have been so useful for illuminating inside shots

Now about a October drop date, that will be a nice time for a early Nov. birthday present to myself. -lol
    Hey... I know you!

October sounds like perfect timing for me too. Well, anytime works for me. I've had my Treo 600 for almost 9 months now, so it's about time for something new
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by cywong
    I have this feeling that the new hi-res screen will not be as bright and white as the Treo600.

Hope I'm wrong coz I kinda like the bright screen on my Treo600.
    I say the brighter the better. I don't want battery saving features imposed on me... I can dim the screen if battery life is more important (which it isn't, to me). I'll have chargers everywhere, like always... even with the replacable battery. I wonder if they will pull a Samsung and include 2 batteries? (I won't hold my breath... especially since they don't even include a cradle!)
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Question, since I have a replacement unit, how do I tell when this phone's warranty expires (if it is different from the original warranty date)? I checked under Phone Infor. but did not see it.

Thanks,

M.
    I'd imagine that your warranty is good for one year from the original purchase date
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Thanks 100,

I did a search and found if you enter ##786 it gives you the warranty information. Mines says Feb. 2004 so I'm hoping they mean 1 year from then.

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Brightcam has nothing to do with taking pictures
    Actually if you used it you would know that it lightens up the pics so that they have more light when taking pictures.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 08/28/2004 at 08:49 AM.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    True, it will be a better camera, but a flash would have been so useful for illuminating inside shots. Although I use Brightcam, a flash is -- a flash.

Question, since I have a replacement unit, how do I tell when this phone's warranty expires (if it is different from the original warranty date)? I checked under Phone Infor. but did not see it.

Thanks,

M.
    What does brightcam have to do with a flash? It changes the screen brightness based on lighting conditions using the cam as a sensor.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    OK. Is anyone else wondering why, for the first time since its introduction, Sprint will not have the first version of the new model ? I mean, if that picture is correct, and that is the SIM slot, it can't possibly be a CDMA version, right ?

I can only hope that Sprint has decided to pass on this iteration and leap-frog to whatever they have planned next.

Anyone ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What does brightcam have to do with a flash? It changes the screen brightness based on lighting conditions using the cam as a sensor.
    It has nothing to do with a flash as it is entirely different. It is simply better than nothing. It just improves the dark azz pics that I get indoors.

Now I've got a party to go to.....

It has nothing to do with a flash as it is entirely different. It is simply better than nothing. It just improves the dark azz pics that I get indoors.

Now I've got a party to go to.....
    It may make them look different on the screen because the brightness of the screen is different. Don't take my word for it...

"BrightCam is a "must have" application! BrightCam uses the Treo 600 camera to measure the amount of ambient light and adjust the brightness/contrast of the PDA screen to suitable levels every time the user switches applications or powers up. Also, BrightCam will determine whether the keyboard light is required and make the necessary adjustment in the user's preferences. New! Don't miss a phone call when your Treo600 is in your pocket! BrightCam will detect the dim lighting condition and will boost the volume to its maximum value."

This is the authors description.
    sprint will have the Treo 650 first. don't let the sim slot fool you.

Sprint has phone with SIM slots...non-functional, or course (Nokia).

The is just PalmOne standardizing on a standard device...cheaper to make one stlye than two.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    There is at least one Sprint phone I know of with an internal antenna - the Sony/Ericsson T608. So it's technically possible for a CDMA phone to have an internal antenna...but the signal did seem to suffer with my experience with that phone. Besides, without an antenna, how would we grab our Treo's out of the holster?

Another look at the Sprint site does show a couple of Nokia's without antenna. I'm not certain about the T608 but my earlier statement was based upon "old" knowledge that Sprint did require external antenna from all of it's vendors - at one point in time.

I vaguely remember that it was some sort of radiation concern or technical reason but I can't seem to find the ezine article that talked about it. This was probably 2 years ago when I was researching Sprint for our company so it does appear now that at least the 6,000 and 3,000 series of Nokia phone's that Sprint is using does not have an External antenna.

My humble apologies - but still most of the phones that Sprint promotes todate do have external antenna.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    external antennas are such a pain. a relic from the ages of the first cell phone.

there is no reason for them..you can engineer an internal one just fine...see Nokia, Sony.

Wish the would just dump those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    external antennas are such a pain. a relic from the ages of the first cell phone.

there is no reason for them..you can engineer an internal one just fine...see Nokia, Sony.

Wish the would just dump those things.
    These antennas are not just for phone calls, they also receive GPS signals for e911.
    I hope we'll be able to use these as regular GPS units when in range of a tower. I'd pay extra for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    I can only hope that Sprint has decided to pass on this iteration and leap-frog to whatever they have planned next.
    How can you possibly hope that?!?!?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Wow! He lives.

Where have you been?
    Hi tjd414!

I lost interest in the Treo for a few reasons. I knew right away when I first saw the Treo 600 in person what it’s shortcomings were. I also realized that the powers that be at Handspring did not get it.

This was shockingly profound because the Treo 600 had so much potential and was so innovative. In my mind, it was like they ran the ball down to the 98 yard line and just stopped. Oh well, that is all in the past.

I am kinda disappointed that it took them an additional year to get the Treo ACE right, but thank God they did.

I am most fascinated to see the next generation Treo after the ACE. I think it should be really interesting.

The only observation I really have to add at this point about my Treo 600 experience is that it is similar to the one I had with my Treo 300. It is perfectly boring. What do I mean by saying perfectly boring?

I feel like the Maytag man in the sense that the Treo 600 has been extremely reliable and undramatic. It is like a Mac in the sense that everything “just works.”

I am very excited to get a Treo Ace.

Remember last summer? We all kept saying, “It is going to be a long, long, long summer.” I guess it is going to be long September.

Cheers!
    Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 08/28/2004 at 02:39 PM.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Welcome back JakeE. Did you ever finish publishing your phaton V designs?

And sure your previous comments don't have anything to do with not being listened to by Jeff Hawkins last year?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Oh dear, here we go . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by mwylde
    Welcome back JakeE. Did you ever finish publishing your phaton V designs?

And sure your previous comments don't have anything to do with not being listened to by Jeff Hawkins last year?
    Hi mwylde!

I am not cetain exactly what you mean when you ask if I ever finished publishing my Phantom V designs?

Yes. I am certain that my previous comments do have to do with Jeff Hawkins treating me the way he did.

Cheers!
    Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 08/28/2004 at 04:25 PM.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Hmm... I got my treo 600 last January 2004, and I'm still finding out how helpful it is with all the new software that developers are churning out. Admittedly, it started out kinda clunky, but inspired. Now with software like callfilter, movie rec, sound rec, uninstall manager, cleanup, treo off on, keycaps, treoselectext, profeoMM, profiles, brightcam (which makes my unit hang), treo shutter, etc etc, I can't seem to hype myself up enough to want the ACE. I know, it's got a better processor, removable battery, 1.3mp cam, BT, and a hi-res screen, but I don't believe the T600 has outlived its usefulness enough to warrant a replacement. Also, with all the money I've spent on it for the said softwares, I can't imagine doing it all over again until at least a year or two have passed. More than 90% of people I know don't even know how to use my treo and it still makes them go "oooh" even if it has a ****ty screen and an even worse camera . But then again...