Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Hurrah, great news. Hope it's announced and available soon.

However, WiFi would be a logical feature to include, and I suspect that it will be this time next year we'll all be waiting for the next great Treo with the long overdue feature of WiFi (rather like we're now waiting for long overdue features of Bluetooth and hi-res).

As for complaints about it not including a flash - I couldn't care less if it didn't include a camera, so I certainly don't want a flash to waste space and battery life...
    I'm back as well. Seems like not much has changed since the build up to the T600. Gfuncman and WeeBit are still here, though I haven't seen any purpleX. ANyways, not sure if this has been answered because 25 pages of (mostly) junk is a lot to wade through, what OS will it run? 5 or 6?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Palm OS 5.4
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    sorry, I have another one to give that is going to result in being flamed like a lamb on spit

Okay, for the radios:

I predict 2 models: Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE and CDMA 1x RTT

At BEST, there will be the addition of WCDMA 2100 for European countries
    I'm not going to listen to this post for two reasons. First, I don't want to hear that EV-DO might not be an option, though there are a fair amount of sources that say it is in the Treo Ace.

Secondly, EV-DO is already available in two cities San Deigo and Washington (maybe Las Vegas as well, not sure. Engadget says maybe NYC soon) for Verizon. I don't think it's too forward looking to expect to see phones coming out supporting it. Especially a high-end data-centric early adopter phone.
    Whoa...

First of all, Kudos to you WeeBit, you are Da Manhttp://www.acuramdx.org/forums/image...es/bowdown.gif

That said, and now that dimension of the beast seem to emerge, who will be the first one to create a paper mockup?
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    Hurrah, great news. Hope it's announced and available soon.

However, WiFi would be a logical feature to include, and I suspect that it will be this time next year we'll all be waiting for the next great Treo with the long overdue feature of WiFi (rather like we're now waiting for long overdue features of Bluetooth and hi-res).

As for complaints about it not including a flash - I couldn't care less if it didn't include a camera, so I certainly don't want a flash to waste space and battery life...
    I wouldn't at all be shocked if the new Wi-Fi SD card was supported
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I'm not going to listen to this post for two reasons. First, I don't want to hear that EV-DO might not be an option, though there are a fair amount of sources that say it is in the Treo Ace.

Secondly, EV-DO is already available in two cities San Deigo and Washington (maybe Las Vegas as well, not sure. Engadget says maybe NYC soon) for Verizon. I don't think it's too forward looking to expect to see phones coming out supporting it. Especially a high-end data-centric early adopter phone.
    That's your perogative, but I just can't see it happening...with the logic that EV-DO is in 2 cities, then it should be likely that WCDMA 1900 would be included since that is in 4 cities. I mean...when we are talking about a few cities and at least 6 months or more for a REAL nationwide roll out and people to start actually using the stuff...I mean, i think that P1 is gonna wait for next year to add those technologies

My sourpuss side aside, I WOULD LOVE to see all of the above included, but I just don't see it happening

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Geez! Will y'all stop posting so fast. I'm only on page 14 and each time I scroll through a page there are 2 or 3 more! I don't want to miss anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by markca
    Geez! Will y'all stop posting so fast. I'm only on page 14 and each time I scroll through a page there are 2 or 3 more! I don't want to miss anything...
    you're not missin anything. the only thing in here newsworthy is the pics and the quick specs. besides that....nothin in here.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    keep the posts coming... when we reach 500,000 views and 2000 posts a Treo 650 will be birthed through your CD Slot.
  11.    #491  
    Hey all... have a good weekend...

I'll get more info from to ya soon...
    too busy now
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Eh, Weebit now says he might be wrong about the PTT. So maybe your original speculation about them not including it is right. Then again Orange says they'll implement it. I guess we are back to, "Who knows?", but to me it seems like a fairly good possibility.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Orange$ $is$ $using$ $the$ $server$ Kodiak PTT client on the Treo 600. This is similar to the Fastchat PTT client available for Symbian handsets. Thus, it should be able to work on the Ace as well. However, this is not the same thing integrated PTT or RL (Sprint) functionality found in other handsets. It would be bery cool indeed if the Ace does come with PTT imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed

too busy now

Gone for the weekend?!! LOL! Omg, don't you realized the pandora's box you openned? And now you're going to leave us for the weekend? LOL! But seriously, thanks for all the great pics so far WeeBitObsessed...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed

too busy now
    please oh please oh please oh please get some info about the radios....

I need to know about EDGE...that is the one thing that my commitment is riding on...and lots of people want to know about WCDMA 2100 and 1900 as well as EV-DO

pleasssse oh pleasessseee in the next report

I'll be your best friend

id just like to point out, that while weebit did give us the heads up, he got the pics the same time as engadget/gizmodo. and, while he only gave you one at first, engadget had multiple pics at the time of his first posted pic......just thought you might be interested to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by dantekgeek
    id just like to point out, that while weebit did give us the heads up, he got the pics the same time as engadget/gizmodo. and, while he only gave you one at first, engadget had multiple pics at the time of his first posted pic......just thought you might be interested to know.

GAWD, NOT AGAIN!! Re-read this thread man...

Quote Originally Posted by dantekgeek

Weebit posted his pics 2 minutes before Engadget: If you look at their posting you'll see an edit.....this edit included the next set of pictures that were posted by WeeBit.

Engadget was probably monitoring because WeeBit stated about 2 hours before posting the actual pictures that they were coming....and if Engadget were going to post the pics and WeeBit "steal" them then how did he know? He didn't they were monitoring here and they stole them...........
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    yeah, im not saying he stole them, i just think its kinda funny how you guys got all riled up. weebit gets all the deserved props from me
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    who cares who had them first or second. If weebit is worried about it, he will handle it. He doesnt sound concerned so I dont see any reason for anyone else to be concerned. Just let it be and enjoy the ride.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Gone for the weekend?!! LOL! Omg, don't you realized the pandora's box you openned? And now you're going to leave us for the weekend? LOL! But seriously, thanks for all the great pics so far WeeBitObsessed...
    it is the sabath.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.