Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Not to try to steal anyone's thunder, but there will be no way that PalmOne will do a loyalty upgrade.
    Maybe, maybe not. As some other folks have stated, much of PalmOne management now used to be Handspring management (Ok, some of whom used to be Palm management before that).

I personally participated in a PalmOne survey several weeks back where they asked about all sorts of things relative to my satisfaction regarding the Treo - a number of questions regarded various kinds of promotions an incentives. And one thing they specifically asked was about the "upgrade".

They may not do it, but at least at that point, it was still a question they deemed worth asking (vs. pretending it didn't exist).

Wishful thinking continues,
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by earlyMarch
    You could measure the width almost exactly since you know the dimensions of the sd-slot...
    Couldn't resist the challenge. On my T600, the SD slot is 25mm long, on screen the slot is 44mm out of 100mm total width...so T650 would be 56.8mm? Since mine measures 58mm across the top - seems to be only a slight difference in width. Early reports were "slightly smaller and rounder" than the T600 - which this would substantiate

However, aren't those keys on the front substantially larger (and closer together) than the T600?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    This thread has over 75,000 views in less than 24 hours. Wow.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I'm glad the Treo 650 is slated for a mid-October release, because my Treo 600 just developed a white-spot on the LCD as a result of it being in the same pocket as spare change..
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    I would argue that the Treo 300 wasn't entirely end of life. They were selling them for some time afterward. Perhaps they stopped making them in the factor, but they might be stopping production on the Treo 600 for the Treo 650. I doubt it, but we don't really know. It probably depends on the factory's capacity.
    Interesting -- there's NO story about this on the front page of treocentral.com?! Am I missing something?
    Many roads lead to Rome...

Cheers, W.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    Many roads lead to Rome...

Cheers, W.
    found it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=56647
    Just in case you want TC to get proper credit, which is not happening.

There is a thread at Slashdot on this...please mod up the AC comment about this...just search for TreoCentral

http://slashdot.org/articles/04/08/...0&tid=1&tid=218
    Of which 70,000 views are from 50 TC members with refresh burn-ins on their comp screens.

Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    This thread has over 75,000 views in less than 24 hours. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Im So Unpopular
    I'm glad the Treo 650 is slated for a mid-October release,
    is that date confirmed...?
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    is that date confirmed...?
    I've heard nothing about a confirmed date. I've heard some Sept. and plenty of Nov.
    You could measure the width almost exactly since you know the dimensions of the sd-slot...
    Great idea, earlyMarch,

I tried your suggestion and basically confirmed dstrauss' finding (mentioned above) that the Treo 650 is a tiny bit narrower than the Treo 600. This is good! It means that if the photos of the new Treo 650 are accurate, it is approximately .44 inches SHORTER than the 600! Even if the image is somewhat distorted due to the photo angle, the new model appears to be measurably smaller than the current one in at least one dimension.
    Nice work dstrauss and warpdrive...VERY interesting.

FYI, after seeing dstrauss and warpdrive post on the size subject, I took the pic and put it into kview and ran the zoom down to 85% which on my screen makes it slightly smaller than my T6 (via hold it to the LCD matching) and I don't seem to get .44" shorter, but it does seem shorter. Maybe between 1/8th and 1/4 shorter. That's VERY rough and inaccurate guess work, but still slightly shorter than my current T600.
    Last edited by Rob600; 08/27/2004 at 02:09 PM.
    I believe that Jeff Hawkins stated somewhere not long ago that they were working towards making things smaller and were challenged to make the thumb keyboard smaller (much to my chagrin) while not hurting usability. So, this would certainly make sense. Initial looks at the photos did almost seem to make it look wider than the Treo 600, but it looks like that's not the case.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    FYI -

This is now the most viewed thread that TreoCentral or VisorCentral have ever had in our 5 years of existence.

Wow.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Crap, now there's something else I have to blow my money on. Oh well, I did for the 300, 600, and now for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    FYI -

This is now the most viewed thread that TreoCentral or VisorCentral have ever had in our 5 years of existence.

Wow.
    thank god, you moved to a new host. :-)
    I know, otherwise it would be about time for a crash
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    bite your tongue!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    bite your tongue!
    sorry, I have another one to give that is going to result in being flamed like a lamb on spit

Okay, for the radios:

I predict 2 models: Quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE and CDMA 1x RTT

At BEST, there will be the addition of WCDMA 2100 for European countries

I hate to say it, but Operator adoption of WCDMA 1900 and EV-DO in the USA is not sufficient for a handset manufacturer to implement those yet. I agree, it would be forwarding thinking...but it would also cut off the foot and inspiration for geeks like us to buy a new model next year. Also, I predict EV-DO for the late 2005 CDMA2K model and WCDMA 1900 to be implemented in the GSM model for late 2006

Flame ON

We all want great handsets, but with the upgrades mentioned, it is a worthy update and worthy of sales. But its like a girl on the first date, she can't give it all away if she wants the boy to come around later
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey