Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    will you be my teacher?
    No help for you.
    You're not smart enough to NOT use a Mac
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    nah, that's a mirror
    I thinks it could also be a button to trigger the camera. Somebody might have already said that --thread is sooo long.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    No help for you.
    You're not smart enough to NOT use a Mac
    Thanks. I love you anyway.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    wheeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeees
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebitttttttttttttttttttttt???????????????
    need
    more
    information
    gasp
    One thing I noticed that has not been mentioned:

The Powerpoint slide showed what most folks took to be the mic on the front. The new pics don't have that
    Wow it took this new Treo to get me to come back to this website. yea... it's been a while!

And to think I had my heart set on a Samsung i550 (whenever that comes out).... it'll still be a tough decision, since there are little differences between these two besides manufacturer and form factor (and the lack of a keyboard on the i550).
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    You're right, from looking at the pics, it's placed on the bottom on the right hand side below the shift key, but still on the front plate, as opposed to the back plate

Hopefully the speakerphone echo problems will be resolved, along with buzzing etc
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Kudos to WeeBit for another coup!

I'm with Griffon & VikingBrad that taking away the contrasting-color numeric keypad is a step backwards. Although I make most calls from the contact list or favorites, I still use the number pad alot and find the alternate colored keys on the Treo 600 helpful. Perhaps this is just a pre-production version and is not final. Or this key color change may be related to the "totally different" (improved?) keyboard backlighting system.

FWIW - It seems to me that the 650 is shorter and wider than the 600. Since it's the only thing to work with so far, I scaled the front image (FRONT 2.jpg) and found it to be a height-to-width ratio of approximately 1.75:1. My GSM Treo 600 has a ratio of approximately 1.9:1. If this is correct, the Treo 650 is substantially shorter, wider, or some combination of the two. (Might be totally wrong here, since all I have to work with are the images, and the angle of photography could throw this way off - However, the image provided by WeeBit looks to me to be pretty straight-on).

Hopefully WeeBit (and others?) will be able to provide more information SOOOOOOOOON!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    One thing I noticed that has not been mentioned:

The Powerpoint slide showed what most folks took to be the mic on the front. The new pics don't have that
    This photo reveals the mic placement up front.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=3616
    Wow, a new forum for Treo 650!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by earlyMarch
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey

nah, that's a mirror
    I thinks it could also be a button to trigger the camera. Somebody might have already said that --thread is sooo long.I thinks it could also be a button to trigger the camera. Somebody might have already said that --thread is sooo long.
    Nope, it's a mirror.
    I think the button on the side next to the up and down buttons is the power button. It is not on the top of the treo in the pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I think the button on the side next to the up and down buttons is the power button. It is not on the top of the treo in the pictures.
    if you look at the pics, you'll see the power button appears to be the call hang-up button. you can see the power symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by treomojo
    >>Is there a friggin flash or what?!!!<<

I believe that it is a small flash....not a mirror. Just a guess.
    Hahahaha!

A flash would not be kind to battery life. One picture and you may be stranded without phone service.

The better optics and camera software will take away some of the flash depedency. I say this not knowing anything about the technology actually being used though. But we do know at this point that it WILL be a better camera to some degree.
    I thinks it could also be a button to trigger the camera. Somebody might have already said that --thread is sooo long.
    the button could be yes: PTT, voice memo, or camera shutter button

the mirror on the back of the unit by the camera lens is a mirror, not a flash
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Interesting -- there's NO story about this on the front page of treocentral.com?! Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    ... loyalty upgrade costs (possibly even for Treo 300 users who weren't wowed enough by the Treo 600 to upgrade?). Thanks in advance,

Scott
    Not to try to steal anyone's thunder, but there will be no way that PalmOne will do a loyalty upgrade. I've been a Palm user since the Palm 512k, and the number of "upgrades" they've offered can be counted on "LESS" than one hand. The Treo 300 was an end of life product, but the Treo 600 will just become the intermediate Treo (I'm betting on a low end 4xx/5xx series early next year). That way they cover all the bases: 4xx at $350; 600 at $450; 650 at $600.

I think PalmOne will see your "loyalty" as a quick trip to eBay for your old faithfull so you can pay for part of the 650 "upgrade"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Interesting -- there's NO story about this on the front page of treocentral.com?! Am I missing something?

Real good point. Maybe they're just hoping to maximize our ability to download the pics before the PalmOne police show up.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Real good point. Maybe they're just hoping to maximize our ability to download the pics before the PalmOne police show up.
    i think they are trying not to draw attention to it.

Too Late.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive
    FWIW - It seems to me that the 650 is shorter and wider than the 600. Since it's the only thing to work with so far, I scaled the front image (FRONT 2.jpg) and found it to be a height-to-width ratio of approximately 1.75:1. My GSM Treo 600 has a ratio of approximately 1.9:1. If this is correct, the Treo 650 is substantially shorter, wider, or some combination of the two. (Might be totally wrong here, since all I have to work with are the images, and the angle of photography could throw this way off - However, the image provided by WeeBit looks to me to be pretty straight-on).
    You could measure the width almost exactly since you know the dimensions of the sd-slot...