Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    oh hehe i did not know the PTT came from the source... hehehe im gonna have to go with his word then but honestly i dont think they would release it on the first try. thats just palm's signature to withhold.
    Eh, Weebit now says he might be wrong about the PTT. So maybe your original speculation about them not including it is right. Then again Orange says they'll implement it. I guess we are back to, "Who knows?", but to me it seems like a fairly good possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    wow . . . this treo looks like it answered all criticisms of the 600: bluetooth, high res, removable battery.
    *cough* wi-fi *cough*

I'm not saying that wi-fi won't be in the phone, but I won't believe it until I hear from Palm which specific card I can buy to make it work. I also wouldn't mind seeing an IR booster so that it can be a universal remote.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    *cough* wi-fi *cough*

I'm not saying that wi-fi won't be in the phone, but I won't believe it until I hear from Palm which specific card I can buy to make it work. I also wouldn't mind seeing an IR booster so that it can be a universal remote.
    I don't think it'll need a IR booster this time around. Did you see the size of that IR port??? Whoa!

I just noticed today that the SD card slot is recessed. Nice!

WeeBitObessed - If it's possible, I'd love to see some pictures that it has taken with the built in camera. I'd also like to see some more screens showing off the 320x320 screen. If you can't, I know that you've already done more than I could ever ask for at this point. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The ir window is bigger. Wondering if it's actually powered. Would love to use for a universal remote

What?!! No universal remote capabilities?!!!

What a crippled piece of crap...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just saw the pics. Boy to I feel late to the party. It looks like good solid evidense. I guess Suskid and Seldomvisitor will still bash it but i think i am in love. The T600 is my 3rd smartphone is by far the best. The T650 or Ace will elivate to the next level.

BTW I am glad that I did not bet the serial GPS reciever I was eyeing since. I feel beter about getting a bluetooth one anyway.
    hardly a cippled piece of crap. I would like to use noviiremote and the ir port is much bigger than on the 600. hardly a deal breaker for me, just on the wish list. if you need a remote that bad you can go buy one. for me it would just be a small plus on an awesome device.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasguru
    What?!! No universal remote capabilities?!!!

What a crippled piece of crap...
    LOL, sorry, but you have to find something to complain about or they won't make a Treo 900.

Back in 2000 John Madden Football was the best football game out there (according to most). Everyone was wowed, and it was assumed that the game was just perfect (it got perfect ratings from most magazines). 5 years later EA Sports has improved every area about ten times or more in ways that I hadn't even thought of in 2000. So I'm just trying to think of all the things that might have been left out, especially tiny things like this that would cost no R&D and little equipment costs, but return great functionality.
    I don't know if a bigger IR window means it powered. More likely, it's easier to receive IRs.
    First, thanks a mill for those pics Weebit.

Now, I know there have been quite a few requests for pics, etc. from Weebit. It may be entirely possible that Weebit has an uber source from where these pics are coming from and is limited to that source. In other words, he may not have the unit in his hands. Then again, he may have it and jimmy-rigged it to an existing GSM network!

Point is, lets absolutely relish what we have here. More pics will come in due time.

Weebit, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    WeeBitObessed - If it's possible, I'd love to see some pictures that it has taken with the built in camera. I'd also like to see some more screens showing off the 320x320 screen. If you can't, I know that you've already done more than I could ever ask for at this point. Thanks!
    Oh yeah, Weebit - NEW YORK, NEW YORK in the hiddddouse!!!
    Was just at cliesource.com
    under treo 600
    they have pics there of the treo 650
    WeeBit-

All I can say is it's a good thing I didn't have some terribly important things to do this morning at work, because I've been giving all attention to this post, except when driving (and that was quite difficult...) Thanks so much for the pics. Any chance of you posting a more thorough account of you experience, initial impressions, release dates - I'm sure whoever let you get your hands on these pictures (or the device itself) had a bit of good information. If not, I'll be plenty happy...working should occur at least a little today.
    One other thought - those familiar with the newer palms will note that the font in these pics is the same as the high-res palm devices (T3 from my experience).
    Yes, good catch! I didn't notice that at first but at second look the font looks exactly like my wife's Zire 72. I envy that Zire screen!

Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    One other thought - those familiar with the newer palms will note that the font in these pics is the same as the high-res palm devices (T3 from my experience).
    WBO, thanks for the news on the ACE. Looking forward to it's release. One Treo 600 accessory that will still work with the ACE is my MP3/ Speakerphone car kit if what you say is true: that the universal headset is the same as the Treo 600. So to those who have bought my MP3/ Speakerphone car kit, rejoice.

To learn more about my car kit see this thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=car+kit

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Hi All,

Nice to be back,

Some GREAT news and some VERY bad.

First.

• Bluetooth
    • High Res
    • Totally Different Keyboard Backlighting System
    • Video Recording Built In
    • 1.3 MP Camera

The BAD?

TOTAL INCOMPATIBILITY WITH ALL ACCESSORIES

They simply will not work... not any... not even one (save universal headsets)

Cradles... chargers... not gonna work... Pocket Keyboard? Also no.

This is lame. Of couse, I will get it anyway.

-Mike

PS: I'll have 10 or so device shots by tonight... I'll post them as soon as they get to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    I'm not sure... I think that it will... but I'm sure about everything else... so dont want to mislead anyone
    You need to change the wording on your avatar - you already have your Treo - you want a Treo 650..
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    WeeBit:

"We who are about to die" (waiting) "salute you!"

Sorry for being late to the party, but congratulations on scooping the world. And the mere fact the pictures are still up the next day gives hope that PalmOne sees this as a Jeff Hawkins moment (just "happens" to show up to the merger announcement with a Treo 600 in hand).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    First, thanks a mill for those pics Weebit.

Now, I know there have been quite a few requests for pics, etc. from Weebit. It may be entirely possible that Weebit has an uber source from where these pics are coming from and is limited to that source. In other words, he may not have the unit in his hands. Then again, he may have it and jimmy-rigged it to an existing GSM network!

Point is, lets absolutely relish what we have here. More pics will come in due time.

Weebit, thanks again!
    In fact Weebit did say that pictures were passed along from another source. He mentioned he'd love to get his own hands on it, but it would require a flight half way across the country. So yeah, we are at the mercy of what the uber source makes available and what weebit is willing to find out about. Overall, I'm pretty happy for now. A smart idea might be to start a thread of Treo Ace questions for the next time someone has access to the source.
    I'll be flying half way across the country next week. I'd pay to get me hands on it (obviously ), rip it open. No! Gently caress it and woo it open to see what's inside and report back! Sounds like a plan to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    In fact Weebit did say that pictures were passed along from another source. He mentioned he'd love to get his own hands on it, but it would require a flight half way across the country. So yeah, we are at the mercy of what the uber source makes available and what weebit is willing to find out about. Overall, I'm pretty happy for now. A smart idea might be to start a thread of Treo Ace questions for the next time someone has access to the source.
    Oh, this is no fun. I was hoping the first glimpse of the new Treo would be from a verbal description or perhaps a 6x6 pixel crop of a photo with Hawkins holding it so that we could create goofy-looking mockups of it again.

Well, this pretty much matches up with the previous Sprint PowerPoint presentation. Thanks for bringing us the photos WeeBit, but now how's about giving up more detailed specs, release dates, cost, loyalty upgrade costs (possibly even for Treo 300 users who weren't wowed enough by the Treo 600 to upgrade?). Thanks in advance,

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.