Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Hi All!

Just for the record... I may be wrong about the PTT...

I hope that you'll forgive me

-M
    Regarding 'reset' - if you have a removable battery there is a very quick method of rebooting! Simply slip the battery off and then put back. Tadaa! Otherwise it could be a combination of keys. If it does multitasking properly I'm sold , if not it's going to be close...
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Hi All!

Just for the record... I may be wrong about the PTT...

I hope that you'll forgive me

-M
    Orange said they were going to implement PTT on the 600 for business users. I don't know if this happened or not.
    Animo et Fide
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Orange said they were going to implement PTT on the 600 for business users. I don't know if this happened or not.
    I'm not sure... I think that it will... but I'm sure about everything else... so dont want to mislead anyone
    Thanks for the great pics WeeBit.

I don't think that the 650 can do multitasking. I think it is a limitation of palm os 5. Palm os 6 does do multitasking though.
    WeeBit, Thanks for the pics. Have you handled the 650 yourself? If so what are your impressions of size, shape, screen, new software, etc? Tell us about anything, we're listening!
    WeeBit,

It would be great to get a picture with both Treo 600 and Treo 650 to compare the sizes.

Does anyone know which bluetooth profiles this will have? Will it support voice dialing? via bluetooth headset? This is a deal maker or breaker in my opinion.
    yea great idea
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Hi All, . . . . .
    TOTAL INCOMPATIBILITY WITH ALL ACCESSORIES
    MDISI Treo 600 Cradle Owners will get upgrade to MDISI Treo 650 Cradle w/48 Hr return shipping, when desired.
    • If w/o External Battery
      • Cost of Battery Cover
      • Cost of Shipping
    • If w/new External Battery

• Cost of TC External Battery
      • Cost of Shipping
    • Cradles Purchased for the "Treo 650" should have 2 price options

• Current Price - if with new External Battery
      • Reduced Price for Cradle w/Battery Cover Mount
      • Price TBDTBDTBD $when$ $cost$ $of$ $Battery$ $Cover$ $and$ $External$ $Battery$ $are$ $known$.
    Good to Go ! ~ Carl (aka ArcBody)
    DAMN! I just got the 600 a week ago. I'm gonna go back and harrass the sales rep like hell...

Never mind the pics. When is it gonna be AVAILABLE?
    since the 650 pictures show the same design as the images that surfaced in june the units are most probably already in full production.

the "leak" just serves the treo marketing to find better words for the official release - a sniffing out of the public treo opinion so to say.

I'm in Asia - somebody well placed told me over a month ago that the new treo will be available in september.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    They still say it's "coming soon" for the Treo600, not exclusively to business users, though they call it Talk Now...

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/offer/talk_now
    dinosaur checking in... i was holding out for the new treo, still using my treo300, my original one from over 2 years ago! just last week, the screen died and i had to call for a replacement. i hope the replacement unit lasts until the 650 comes out, now that i have a prius with bluetooth.

but alas, i still wish the 650 or a similar model had the flip to protect the screen (sigh)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    So you are saying that our source, the one who has second have contact with an actually working phone, would be mistaken? No offense intended, but I think I'm going to go with the guy that brought the pictures to the party.
    oh hehe i did not know the PTT came from the source... hehehe im gonna have to go with his word then but honestly i dont think they would release it on the first try. thats just palm's signature to withhold.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    dinosaur checking in... i was holding out for the new treo, still using my treo300, my original one from over 2 years ago! just last week, the screen died and i had to call for a replacement. (sigh)
    Where or how did you get your phone with a 2 year warranty? I thought that 1 year was standard.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Looks like there are now two LED's. The old vertical, and a new horizontal. Am I seeing things?
    Doug
    WBO, Great job!!!
    Now let's see if we can set up Mission Possible 2!!!

Assuming that IS a replaceable battery, I'm sold if PalmOne offers a trade-up offer like they did for the Treo 600. Ok, now it's time for someone to come up with an auto-notification system as soon as this thing is available, so we don't miss out on the first shipments. Can TreoCentral set something up? (I'd be a LOT more excited everytime Chatter recevies a new mail message... Any message could be "the one")
    wow . . . this treo looks like it answered all criticisms of the 600: bluetooth, high res, removable battery.

glad I've been preparing my wife for over a year about upgrading to the next treo. We love our 600's but i've got to get this one.
    external battery was totally unexpected.

WeeBit: I want to know about the software, what can u tell us?

u know what's kinda funny? Seems like P1 orchestrating this whole "leak" thing. but give us more, tell us about software improvements!
    From looking at the pictures, does it appear to anyone else that the keys look bigger than on the 600? I wonder if that is the reason for a more rounded form factor. Also, I sure wish we could get some photos with the screen showing something besides the keypad to see how good the higher resolution is.