Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Sorry, bad news for everyone - ya'll are going to have to wait in line 'cause I'm gonna get the FIRST one!
    How do you spell that sound that Catwoman used to make on the old, campy Batman show?/

RRRRRAAAWWWRRRR!!! That's what I have to say 'bout this. Thanks for the pics WeeBit!
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...
    If that 800g comes out with the 650, then I'll be in purgatory trying to decide. I came over here to see if anyone is discussing it, but I guess not. Saw it on the PIC forum for the 650. Phenominal!!!!
    *salivates*
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    believe what you think but the timestamps disagree
    Except that they were posted here at 5:13 (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&page=5&pp=20). Engadget's time stamp isn't sync'd up with TreoCentral's. Engadget was probably following the thread waiting for the picks and instantly put it up on their site. If you click the "Read" link on Engadget, they reference the exact page in this thread where the pictures were released. If they were first, they would point you specificly to that page. Still believe what you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by jseasvuess2000
    If that 800g comes out with the 650, then I'll be in purgatory trying to decide. I came over here to see if anyone is discussing it, but I guess not. Saw it on the PIC forum for the 650. Phenominal!!!!

Hehe... Posted in the other thread. That is one of Livefaith's many cooling looking mockups. Wish it was real, but unfortunately not...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by edeguzman
    Actually, I believe the guy who was posting the story at Engadget was watching this thread and posted the pics right when WeeBit released them. I live in EDT, so i looked that the times that WeeBit posted the pics and the time the story was posted, and engaget was about 3min late. I believe they posted that first picture, then at around 5:41 they updated the article with the other pictures offered by Weebit. And yes, sadly, they did not site their sources.

It would be a said state of affairs if WeeBit didn't get proper credit but what if WeeBit works for Engadget? WB did post his first true picture about 2 minutes before Engadget posted their story.....two minutes to post the story and place the picture whereas WeeBit just had to post the pic. He did start the story that he was going to have pics in about an hour.

Not to overspeculate - but someone is watching the other very closely. And if Engadget didn't give credit where credit is due then......boycott.

I will add though - Engadget server is based in White Plains NY and WeeBit is based in NY, NY according to his profile.

It's interesting none the less but I'd also ask the question - what took so long to post the pics?

Regardless, I'm glad to have the chance to see them.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    The photos that weebit posted were unique to TreoCentral's discussion board. Every other site has taken them from TreoCentral.com's forums. That is the truth, and I will proudly say it without any reservations

Engadget has previously reported on items from within our forums, so it is safe to say that they have people on their staff that reads what is going on here. Engadget also did give credit by linking TreoCentral as their "read more" source. While it's not as clear as citing "TreoCentral.com", it is normally their policy to simply link to stories and news items through the read more source - they're a blog, not a news site.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    HA HA HA HA, oh I am dense. Definitely dense. I could not float if my life depended on it and many here wish it did. I just think credit is due to the right place. Thank you Weebit for bringing these pics to us. I am densely grateful.
    Ggharrod wrong? All he wanted to do was give Weebit his credit? I though he was trying to say the opposite. Opps sorry I I don't have a clue what is being said.

Thanks again Weebit! Just curious...does anyone know how Weebit got a hold of the pics?
    Where's the reset pin hole gone to in the new Treo?

Just wondering......
    Maybe this one is so stable...that it doesn't need a reset button! LOL

Seriously though...I don't think my Visor pro ever crashed once in three years.
    Damn, see what having 4 kids and Cheerleading practice will do for you. HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD YESTERDAY!!

Anyhoo, thanks Weebit for posting the pics and putting so many out of their misery.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Maybe this one is so stable...that it doesn't need a reset button! LOL
    I was actually thinking the same thing....

P.S. I just realised this is my 100th post! & honestly, I did not make this post just to make up the 100. Cheers all..............
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    Engadget has previously reported on items from within our forums, so it is safe to say that they have people on their staff that reads what is going on here. Engadget also did give credit by linking TreoCentral as their "read more" source. While it's not as clear as citing "TreoCentral.com", it is normally their policy to simply link to stories and news items through the read more source - they're a blog, not a news site.

Still pretty lame and unprofessional thing for Engadget (i.e, Peter Rojas) to do imo, regardless if they're a blog or not. Just look at all the silly confusion they've caused here b/c they did not adequately cite the source of their info? Btw, they did thank "Mike" for pointing out the info, but don't bother to clearly state in wriiting where the source pics were acquired from. Sorry, but that 'we're just a blog' excuse is weak...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    MIRADU:

u should watermark those images
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    MIRADU:

u should watermark those images
    Agreed
    Two things I noticed. Neither is news, really, but reenforcement of speculation. They both have to do with the image with the phone screen on. First off - look at the font for "contacts" and "voicemail." That is DEFINITELY HI-RES. Also, the placement of those two icons seems to suggest that the home and menu keys will also work as soft keys to activate whatever is in those two locations at a given time. The question then is how does one go to the applications launcher or drop-down menus when there are soft key options at the bottom of the screen?
    OMG!! I just got on T|C and notice this thread got already 375 posts and tons of views! So I assumed this was an old thread that just got "bumped." But when I looked at the very first post, I realized this thread just got started today!! Damn... I didn't know I was slackin' that long!

You da man, WeeBit!! Thanks for posting those great looking pics of the Treo Ace/650!! Hope to see more info on the specs of this bad boy!!
    Thanks for the pics! Now, I am happy. I have a clear competition to the Nokia 9300 smaller communicator.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    100% without a doubt! WeeBitObsessed you deserve some sort of prize... so over at treonauts we decided to offer you the first ever "treonauts Gold Award" for the fabulous contribution that you have made today to all your fellow treonauts. Congratulations!!!

Cheers, W.
    So where's my certificate

PDF works fine.

-M