Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well seeing as how they put the mirror on the back for self portraits, you know they wouldnt leave it so that you have to press the center button to take pics. then again they havent exactly been placement/effciency gurus so far when it comes to layout.
    in my opinion they wont release the 650 with PTT.
    I didn't mean to make it sound like I calling you wrong, just bring up another point. FWIW, I find it very natural to take a self picture with the center button. To use the side button with the phone flipped to the back it would be more natural if you happened to be left handed. When I try to do it right handed I'd end up using my thumb vs. my index finger. I like my index finger more than the thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    well seeing as how they put the mirror on the back for self portraits, you know they wouldnt leave it so that you have to press the center button to take pics. then again they havent exactly been placement/effciency gurus so far when it comes to layout.
    in my opinion they wont release the 650 with PTT.
    So you are saying that our source, the one who has second have contact with an actually working phone, would be mistaken? No offense intended, but I think I'm going to go with the guy that brought the pictures to the party.
    Oh man...I usually don't like smartphones too much but I think it's time for me to switch . HiRes screen, BT, hopefully EDGE...this can't replace my T|T3, but it sure is close! So...anyone wanna donate some money to my "I'm getting a Treo 650" fund? hehe .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad
    Hey I'm only guessing don't quote me!

If Weebit says it has PTT then I guess it needs a PTT button. Just thought it would be weird to take a photo using the center dial pad button

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Maybe the button is application specific? When in the camera app it works for taking pics, but most other places it is PTT?

Hey, it can happen.

An example is Treo Butler (now Butler) which can set the Volume buttons on the 600 to be Scroll Up/Down, but when in the phone app they work as regular Volume controls.
    I am pretty jazzed about this news! But then I go to this link... http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...ay=priceDetail and they have essentially the same picture but without a screen on. I was trying to find the original powerpoint to compare the features. Sprint did not say it would have PTT and other things we are seeing here...hmmm...
    And this page has the pictures we have been waiting all night for posted earlier...
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/2746522431029510/
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    And this page has the pictures we have been waiting all night for posted earlier...
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/2746522431029510/
    Engadget's story is based on this thread and the pictures in here.
    believe what you think but the timestamps disagree
    It looks like the pictures are of a "branded" Treo with the carrier's name photoshoped out. Can anyone verify this?
    Weebit, did you take these pictures yourself? If so with what brand of digital camera?

Are you really that dense?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=56600&page=1

Engadget got those pics from Treocentral w/o even citing the source in their article. Very unprofessional imo. Btw, you ever here of different time zones? Sheesh....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    It looks like the pictures are of a "branded" Treo with the carrier's name photoshoped out. Can anyone verify this?
    Always possible, but it doesn't look like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Are you really that dense?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=56600&page=1

Engadget got those pics from Treocentral w/o even citing the source in their article. Very unprofessional imo. Btw, you ever here of different time zones? Sheesh....
    I site my sources .

http://www.dailygadget.com/forums/sh...2865#post22865
    Yes, and I did the calculations and they had it a little over an hour before Weebit posted them here. But you believe what you want.
    Are you answering the dense question or the timezones question?

Yes, and I did the calculations and they had it a little over an hour before Weebit posted them here. But you believe what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_One
    Maybe the button is application specific? When in the camera app it works for taking pics, but most other places it is PTT?

Hey, it can happen.

An example is Treo Butler (now Butler) which can set the Volume buttons on the 600 to be Scroll Up/Down, but when in the phone app they work as regular Volume controls.

When you compare the top of the 600 to this photo what is missing? The ringer on / off switch is the same on both but the Wireless Mode switch is no longer there in the new photo.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I got a feeling that gharrod is not going to believe anything till he sees it in a Sprint store........some people are like that.
    HA HA HA HA, oh I am dense. Definitely dense. I could not float if my life depended on it and many here wish it did. I just think credit is due to the right place. Thank you Weebit for bringing these pics to us. I am densely grateful.
    Actually, I believe the guy who was posting the story at Engadget was watching this thread and posted the pics right when WeeBit released them. I live in EDT, so i looked that the times that WeeBit posted the pics and the time the story was posted, and engaget was about 3min late. I believe they posted that first picture, then at around 5:41 they updated the article with the other pictures offered by Weebit. And yes, sadly, they did not site their sources.