Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus Man
    I don't mean to be the spoiler of the party but none of these images or source for the data is "officially" sanctioned by PalmOne. Gauging by the excitement of all of these posts this thread is just good old fuel for the fire that reflects the hunger a lot of us have for this near perfect device to keep evolving. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the fantasy and speculation. I'm just not quite ready to plan my ebay exit strategy with the 600 quite yet based upon such wild and unverifiable information.

I know, I know, I'm no fun ... so I'll just go away now to play in some other thread.

-THP
    I don't know how you can't buy that it's real. I mean it could theoretically be faked, but WeeBitObsessed has a good history. Other news outlets are picking up the story. The pictures are pretty flawless and clear. Unless you are one of those people that don't believe we've been to the moon unless you've actually taken the trip yourself, you have to say that this has to be the real thing. Sure nothing is official until it's official, but I've never seen this much evidence turn out to be wrong.
    nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Oye ...
    Amen....
    First off, thanks to WeeBit for posting these pics.

Secondly, I will buy it as soon as it is available for my carrier.

Lastly, I was surprised to see that the SD slot is still right next to the antenna, that will make some SD/IO products unusable without an extension of some kind.
    I return from a volleyball game to find this insanity going on...thanks much WeeBit!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Just to add fuel to this whole rumor mill / anticipation. 1src.com is also reporting a rumor about a new Tungsten 5 to be released this Ocotber!

From nexave.de (G) (Translated

"From reliable source we received interesting information to the successor momentary palmOne of the flagship Tungsten T3. The first surprise therefore begins with the name: If one believes the information, the successor does not become T4, but T5 are called. This information becomes reliable by the fact that it gave also no Palm IV, but only a Palm V. A dealer from the European foreign country already had the new PDA to the test in the hand. It is to have the same crest factor as the T3, be however somewhat thinner and longer and have no more Slider. The hardware Buttons is accommodated on small area. The main memory should be limited with 256 MT, the CCU has a clock rate of 400 MHz. With security the T4 has Bluetooth functionality, WLAN could the source not confirm. Likewise the exact screen resolution is not well-known. Whether palmOne now really thin T3 without Slider brings, like it itself many users as "Traum PDA" wishes, white one probably only with the publication. Normally palmOne new PDAs presents in October."
    http://www.1src.com/?m=show&id=421

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey guys, lighten up. I'm just injecting a little reality check here. It's important to remember that this could merely be a trial balloon of some sort to gauge responses and to get everyone's underwear wet .

Nothing is final until the PalmOne lady officially speaks.

-THP
    Last edited by Nautilus Man; 08/26/2004 at 10:16 PM.
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wahili
    you loved me once....

http://www.binarian.com/uploads/obsolete.jpg

Im man enough for 2!
    One more request WeeBit. Can you please post some pics with the PDA apps screen showing? Just greedy I guess...
    Up until last week I was trying to hold out for the 650; however, I broke down and bought the 600. I am so excited it should be here tomorrow. I called the Sprint Business Account Center and the guy that I talked to said it wasn't scheduled to come out now until November - and I have no idea how reliable that is so don't flame me... I'll put the disclaimer in now. Although I am very excited for the 650 and will probably buy it in the next 6 months I am so glad I went ahead and bought the 600.
    I think that will be the most we get for abit
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    i'm posting from a low-res Treo :-( so I can't see the pics very well, but can you tell if the headset plug is the same? I sure hope there is a more universal plug because I hate the adapter thing. thanks.
    back to the pictures.

from the top view, the antenna look fatter. it takes up the whole thickness of the "ace".

the sd slot looks recessed, but with no fake sd slot? I never had an issue of the sd card popping out and i keep it in my front pant pocket.

no power button. I never used it anyway, but how will you turn off wireless mode? I fear it will be a long hold on the 4th hard button. I guess i will need another way to launch clock pop5. i'll deal.

no plastic thingies to cover the screws, or were they lost already? maybe palm got tired of getting calls for replacements.

oh yeah, this model has the bulge.
    Last edited by Felipe; 08/26/2004 at 09:23 PM.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    i'm posting from a low-res Treo :-( so I can't see the pics very well, but can you tell if the headset plug is the same? I sure hope there is a more universal plug because I hate the adapter thing. thanks.

the hole looks bigger.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I haven't read anyone else mention this so perhaps it's just me but... Wassup with the keyboard and the change of key shapes?!?! The keys on the Treo 600 are UNIQUE which translates into competitive advantage (it's a defining signature of the Treo line) - change for change sake is just dumb design... bring back the old keys please (albeit with backlighting)... at the very least keep the overall shape and flatten them if you want P1...

Cheers, W.
    Last edited by wanderman; 08/26/2004 at 09:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    honestly the more i looked at these pics and the specs... the more i thought to myself that this treo came out first and then was locked in a safe. then the finance and marketing minded people started to handicap the Treo backwards so that people would buy this one a year later.

"ok lets take the home and menu buttons and just put it in the most inconvenient spot... thats right.. and also lets use a really low rez screen that you only find in low end pdas...um what else how bout we restrict the voltage to the SD slot to disable any chance of bluetooth and yes i like the idea of making the battery unremovable. All we need to do now is to get rid of these talk/end buttons, throw in a horrendous camera and we got our "early adopter" model ready to go! Excellent Johnson!"
    Going back to the buttons on the left side, I would be guessing the top larger one is the volume up/down rocker but the one below is not a Push-To-Talk but Camera capture button. Otherwise to take a self portrait using the small mirror on the back you would have to push the center dial button which is silly so I am guessing they moved it to the side.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    If Viking Brad is right, then where would the PTT go. Weebit says PTT is in there, so it has to be some button. We have to believe him that PTT is there because he's the only real source we have.

I'd rather it be voice record or PTT because I don't think I'd take that many pictures of myself.
    Hey I'm only guessing don't quote me!

If Weebit says it has PTT then I guess it needs a PTT button. Just thought it would be weird to take a photo using the center dial pad button

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad
    Hey I'm only guessing don't quote me!

If Weebit says it has PTT then I guess it needs a PTT button. Just thought it would be weird to take a photo using the center dial pad button

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    there's already a hack to use volume buttons to take pics for the treo 600, maybe it's built in in the new one.