Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    OMG! IF the Ace has 1xEvDo or Edge, I'ld be sooo psyched!! It would make the lack of wifi into a mere footnote!
    Same here, but cautiously psyched. I fear what that would do to the vision pricing structure. Now if you tell me my free vision price is grandfathered in...I'm out there dancing in the streets!
    OMG! IF the Ace has ... Edge, I'ld be sooo psyched!! It would make the lack of wifi into a mere footnote!
    I'll third that motion
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    While I like the work that Apple has done, I'd like to see more than just an iPod before I annoint them God of all User-Interfaces. In fact, I think the interface for the Treo (or slightly modified from it) would be better suited for an iPod. I'd like the ability to use a full keyboard to skip to a certain song or artist if I had it packed with 3,000 songs. Then again I'm fairly insane.
    yes yes it is ...after all i am treatz's protege
    This one has a SIM card slot. Maybe the CDMA phones (Sprint) won't be the first one released. That would SUK!
    yeah, if only Edge or Ev-do existed where I was. Because it doesn't and I don't know when it will, I'm going to be a hard-**** and require this device have all the hardware and software drivers necessary for me slip a some good wi-fi loving into that SD slot.
    All new Treo 650 pictures now up on treonauts...

Thanks WeeBitObsessed!!!

Cheers, W.

[Update: Now full size picts]
    Last edited by wanderman; 08/26/2004 at 06:20 PM.
    i cursed so much when the hp 6315 released its final specs...a TI OMAP 1510...a 3 system capable chipset. However while the 6315 was being built (over all those months etc)...i think in feb or jan, TI released there EGPRS chipset...but then again it was released, but not distroed
    Hi Everyone!
    I have been just a lurker for over a year but this excitement has finally gotten me to register and maybe start being a little more active on these boards. I would read these boards and bug my wife about getting myself a 600 until finally she let me in April. We got 2 Anyway...

Doesn't this seem like last summer though? The first pic of the 600 and everything went crazy on this site. Just like old times
    The ir window is bigger. Wondering if it's actually powered. Would love to use for a universal remote
    Hi All,

I don't think that white space on the back of the 650 is a mirror. It's where the serial # sticker should go. Mine peeled off on my 600 and the remaining space looks just like the picture of the 650...

- Jon
    OMG! IF the Ace has 1xEvDo or Edge, I'ld be sooo psyched!! It would make the lack of wifi into a mere footnote!
    Don't talk like that. You're starting to remind me of Jake when the Treo 600 came out. I'm anxious to hear his reaction to this new Treo
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer
    Hi All,

I don't think that white space on the back of the 650 is a mirror. It's where the serial # sticker should go. Mine peeled off on my 600 and the remaining space looks just like the picture of the 650...

- Jon
    Not that, the shiny circular thing next to the cam. The stcker just has tape over it.
    ok, let me be the first to officially hate on it. sorry guys, i think the design on the 600 is alot nicer. cleaner. the extra buttons, the red and green, and added chrome curviness make it significantly gaudier. and seems like its the same size too.

this is NOT a new generation Treo. it's a definite .5 "this is what the first SHOULDA been" generational release. compare the 300 and the 600 for a real generation change. heh, guess thats why its the Treo 650 and not 900.

unless Palm has a nice upgrade program, i'll really have to weigh how much i need BT and HiRes. but the coveted 'ooooh factor' isnt there for me. wish it was thinner..
    oh, but THANK YOU WeeBit! really came through.
    In the Front 1 pic it looks like there is a little envelope and 210 above the number pad. I wonder if this is for email, voicemail, or text messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by theFourth
    In the Front 1 pic it looks like there is a little envelope and 210 above the number pad. I wonder if this is for email, voicemail, or text messages?
    My bet is email or text, there's a number next to the vmail label at the bottom. I dought the tester has 210 voicemails on his new treo unless you guys all have the number
    Hey I think it's time for a new TREO ACE (650) forum here on Treocentral don't you think!!! Seems like this thread would be the perfect first entry in the new forums!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey I think it's time for a new TREO ACE (650) forum here on Treocentral don't you think!!! Seems like this thread would be the perfect first entry in the new forums!!

Great idea!
    its fine that the external accessories wont work with the ACE....now here is the bigger question

okay even though the OS is 5.4, will it be able to support the apps from the 5.2 OS..

the answer is most likely yes, but meh might as well ask