Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    It is notable that the pictures just revealed are the same as the picture that was on the leaked Sprint PowerPoint slide.

That slide also indicated a "Fall 04" release.

Maybe that is hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    Well shame on me for guessing wrong! I think I should sit in a corner and think about what I've done. If forced to do so with a T650/Ace to stare at I do believe I'll have learned my lesson
    LOL... Don't worry about it! You're excused!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    What fun am I missing?

Do you have some misconception about my POV on some things? Nah....
    Nope! Good to see you! Just wanted to make sure you were catching the fun
    Thanks Gfunk
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    And how are we going to get to the Palm menu without a menu key? I assume they have that figured out.
    It looks like the new right "soft key" is for the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec

I just think that from an ease of use perspective, the new keyboard is not an improvement. All those small buttons surrounding the 5-way are going to be confusing to the new user, too. And how are we going to get to the Palm menu without a menu key? I assume they have that figured out.

That's why Apple still rules the user interface. 5 buttons and a wheel on the iPod. That's it. It's a shame they're not interested in making phones.
    I see a menu key up above the e-mail key. It's just moved to a better location. Playing music doesn't require a lot of interface. If you want minimal interface use a Palm V. Just 4 buttons (I think). For more capabilities you need more buttons. My darn computer has over 100+.
    if its gonna get a fall 04 release...does that mean FCC approval and BT approval has been established?
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Yeah, I hope the screening we see is just a pre-production unit because that intense blue hue they use for the lettering is just ugly. There is nothing that is more associated to a childs toy than those pure red, green and blue hues they are using.
    God you morons will just find anything to dislike.... Gimme bluetooth, gimme hi rez, gimme this gimme that... Get it all and now it's - I dont like the text color of the buttons.... So gay....
    doesnt seem much thinner
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    if its gonna get a fall 04 release...does that mean FCC approval and BT approval has been established?
    Don't forget that the FCC can keep the info quiet until product release now. The recent Zire with BT wasn't on the FCC site until the day after product release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    God you morons will just find anything to dislike.... Gimme bluetooth, gimme hi rez, gimme this gimme that... Get it all and now it's - I dont like the text color of the buttons.... So gay....
    somebody's feelings are gonna get hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by illdefined
    doesnt seem much thinner
    I don't think it was supposed to be. Look at it as more power packed. Has faster processor, which probably requires a bigger battery, which takes up space. Also it probably takes up a wee bit to make it removable. So yeah, you might not have gotten anything thinner, but you got a faster device that's more flexible. A trade-off of sorts, but one I'm glad Palm made.
    hmmm touche..
    Here I am, rotflmao!

Do you guys know how many "green dots" are on in this thread??!!!!

We need a life.

Oh, I forgot, my Treo is my life.!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Archie is gay? I don't see what that has to do with the pics of the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Oh. The little key above the email is the menu key? Sorry. Couldn't figure that out from the icon at first glance. That's good to know.

I understand that a PDA/ phone needs more buttons (at least 9) than an iPod, but if you remember MP3 players prior to the iPod, all of them had really crappy user interfaces, and everyone assumed that's just the way it had to be. Then along comes Apple, and everyone goes "Ohhhhhhh."

I assume that if Apple were to get into this market (and they won't anytime soon), they'd come up with an easier way to lay out those buttons, or use less buttons, or whatever.

I do like the ACE, though, overall. And there was never a question as to whether or not I'd be upgrading. There's simply nothing better out there at this point.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    Archie is gay? I don't see what that has to do with the pics of the Treo 650.
    Now I'm confused, is Archie gay or a moron or is it that Joebar that is either gay or a moron? So confused!
    im still the final specs are not known eh...the reason i ask is to confirm whether or not the ace use uses EV-DO and or EGPRS (well of course in two units)...

yeah forgive my stupidity (psst look at my avatar)
    OMG! IF the Ace has 1xEvDo or Edge, I'ld be sooo psyched!! It would make the lack of wifi into a mere footnote!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ^yeah eh...if it did, screw dah nokia 9500b, screw my soon to be purchased hp 6315, and hello treo ace

but hey you never know...if it doesnt have wifi..i would hope they would provide more power to the SDIO port and make the sandisk sd card usable
    im still the final specs are not known eh...
    me too, and it looks like WeeBit may have left the building for the night

Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I bet it's voice record...just like the Tungsten series have there.
    I hope so, one of my two burning questions

the reason i ask is to confirm whether or not the ace use uses EV-DO and or EGPRS
    yes, the radios are important, in fact, EDGE is critical to my purchase
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey