Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb
    So does it have PTT?
    looks like it might...or at least be setup for a third party ptt application
    This is all really cool info. Thanks for sharing...I am sure someone is going to be in a heap of trouble over this...hehe

I would really love to get some more technical specs. Specifically:

How much RAM does it have? How much is taken up out of the box?

What PALM os is it shipping with?

Does it have an Intel xScale 400 MHz processor (like the T3)? This really rocks for viewing graphically rich PDFs and for movies etc...

Is there a voice recording app built in (like the Tungstens)? Can you access voice recording from a dedicated button?

Are you still going to need an adapter for plug in regular headphones when listening to MP3s? It doesn't look like it has anything but the 2.5 mm headset jack.
    if still the final specs are not known eh...the reason i ask is to confirm whether or not the ace use uses EV-DO and or EGPRS (well of course in two units)...

yeah forgive my stupidity (psst look at my avatar)
    Last edited by hofo_mofo; 08/26/2004 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    Yea, what a joke! Like you, I was expecting (at a minimum) a 300mm telephoto lens, flash, 4MPixels, WiFi+.11a, Gigabit Ethernet, 1GB RAM, Geforce 6800 U graphics and a fusion powersource!
    I'm waiting for the bj/sdio card, hopefully there won't be too much bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by j$hort
    Here we go again...Oh, first..can someone tell me why I'm upgrading again? (BT and 320x320?).
    Better camera, better overall design, faster processor, built-in video recording (with the better camera).

What were you looking for in general? The only complaint I can come up with is wi-fi, and I'm waiting and seeing on that.
  6. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I'm waiting for the bj/sdio card, hopefully there won't be too much bluetooth
    nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Okay, what is that big *** button on top, next to the ear hole?

it looks like the vol keys are now a rocker, but what is the second button for?
    On a legal note, how long before the pics are taken down? we need a poll.
    I think you're looking at it wrong. What you consider the ear hole is the LED indicator. It's in the same place as on the existing Treo. The big button is the new speaker. Instead os a slit like the treo 600, they must have put it behind some kind of mesh or something.

As for the second button on the side, I'm going to go with the idea that it is a PTT button.
    I bet it's voice record...just like the Tungsten series have there.
    WeeBitObsessed:

Thanks for the awesome pictures. I look forward to this new version hitting the streets, and hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to it.

For everyone else:
    I went ahead and took the liberty of mirroring the pics you posted, so that people could check them all out without having to navigate thru all the messages (it was getting on my nerves, heh).
    Here's the address:

http://shelly.metachar.net/~codice/treopics/

I'll leave them up until told otherwise.

-Paul
    As I've said many times before, I guess I just don't get it...but BT seems more than enough for me. I look forward to being able to sync via BT (so I can keep the cradle next to the bed and not next to the computer), wireless headsets, BT modem for my laptop and I assume I'll be able to browse via a BT -> IP gateway of some sorts.
    Some good questions treo-mike. Also, I would like to know if weebit has any info about current Treo600 owners trade-in or upgrade plans
    Does this thing make phone calls? A $300 phone? I just got a free phone from Verizon!
    Here's something I hope they address (since it seems they have worked on everything else I wanted)..... I hope they finally put voice dialing in the thing. I'm still annoyed I lost that feature when I went to the Treo 600 from the Kyocera 7135. I used that a lot. Especially in the car.
    SWEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!

I'm SO getting this.. hi-res and BT and I'm sold.

One request for WeeBit: any chance of posting a picture (or even better, several) taken with the new built-in camera? I'm very curious to see if the new camera is any good.

Oh and thanks for posting these!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    Yea, what a joke! Like you, I was expecting (at a minimum) a 300mm telephoto lens, flash, 4MPixels, WiFi+.11a, Gigabit Ethernet, 1GB RAM, Geforce 6800 U graphics and a fusion powersource!
    I was thinking dual mobile 6800U PCIe, after all, it is the true convergence device...
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    I think you're looking at it wrong. What you consider the ear hole is the LED indicator. It's in the same place as on the existing Treo. The big button is the new speaker. Instead os a slit like the treo 600, they must have put it behind some kind of mesh or something.

okay, i see it now. the top is more curvy now.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    Does this thing make phone calls? A $300 phone? I just got a free phone from Verizon!
    Among many other things, yes, it makes phone calls. Congratulations on your free phone
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I don't know. I'm a little torn here. I like the new design of the body, and it looks like they've addressed most of the major complaints. But I definitely think losing the color-coded number keys is a step back. Not that I dial with the numbers very often (I always just use favorites or search the contacts), but the few times when manual dialing happens are the times when someone else asks to borrow my phone. It's bad enough when they look at me blankly and ask "how do I dial?" or they start tapping on the screen buttons, and I just tell them "use the blue keys." Now I'm going to have to point to the number keys, or dial for them.

If PalmOne wants to sell this thing, they have to make the best effort to make it look like a phone.

I just think that from an ease of use perspective, the new keyboard is not an improvement. All those small buttons surrounding the 5-way are going to be confusing to the new user, too. And how are we going to get to the Palm menu without a menu key? I assume they have that figured out.

That's why Apple still rules the user interface. 5 buttons and a wheel on the iPod. That's it. It's a shame they're not interested in making phones.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Where's SeldomVisitor, he's missing the fun!!
    What fun am I missing?

Do you have some misconception about my POV on some things? Nah....
    It seems that the removable battery could be good sized, which makes me happy. I have a great fear of getting a removable only to find that it's there because I need 2 batteries to make it through the day!

It seems like the battery is about the bottom 2/3 of the back.