1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Treo 600 and I'm going to be traveling to Australia for 15 days next month. What do I have to do to use it over there. Telstra says they have CDMA coverage where I'm going to be at.

As usual, the people at Sprint's customer service line want me to rent a GSM phone and really have no idea about telstra coverage over there.
    Interesting that they said they have CDMA. I just spoke to a friend of mine who works for Telstra and he told me that my CDMA phone WOULD NOT work over there...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Interesting that they said they have CDMA. I just spoke to a friend of mine who works for Telstra and he told me that my CDMA phone WOULD NOT work over there...
    fwiw prl 10024 offcially allows for digital roaming in australia and israel...
    Quote Originally Posted by mark3397
    I have a Sprint Treo 600 and I'm going to be traveling to Australia for 15 days next month. What do I have to do to use it over there. Telstra says they have CDMA coverage where I'm going to be at.

As usual, the people at Sprint's customer service line want me to rent a GSM phone and really have no idea about telstra coverage over there.
    Yes, Telstra definitely has CDMA coverage throughout Australia.

However, when my friend carried his Spring Treo 600 to Sydney, he was not able to use it (I was able to roam MY GSM Treo 600 on Telstra's GSM network). I don't believe Sprint and Telstra have roaming agreements.