Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1. #41  
    snapper sucks! They update as much as Palm updates Treo!!!
  2. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
       #42  
    They lost me a loooong time ago. If you follow their Yahoo group board, they seem to have quite a few users defecting to Chatter. Too bad, because SM seemed like it had a lot of potential.
  3. #43  
    eh? Snapper is 2.3.4.. They've done probably 8 releases since 2.0 two years ago.. And sorry, but there ain't much missing from Snapper besides autonomous background operation. That's great for people who need it, but for people who need an email program that works every time for everyone, Snapper is great.
  4. #44  
    I also had to leave Snapper for Chatter, Snapper was good at one point, but when I kepted losing my settings everytime and manually adding all the info over & over again, I moved on. Their updates are slow, & I believe people just can't be waiting for Snapper to make the BIG change on bigger & better improvements. Plus the price for it, is just nuts...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    eh? Snapper is 2.3.4.. They've done probably 8 releases since 2.0 two years ago.. And sorry, but there ain't much missing from Snapper besides autonomous background operation. That's great for people who need it, but for people who need an email program that works every time for everyone, Snapper is great.
    Ditto, it works for me
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6. #46  
    I feel like the odd ball but I swear by Snapper. I'm with Verizon so I can't have my phone always connected to the Internet. What I did to get 'push' email was to use TreoHelper and it's SMS functionality. everytime I get an email my server sends me an SMS that says 'GOT MAIL'. TreoHelper see's that deletes it and launches a Snapper Mail fetch. its nice in that my Treo only looks for email when it knows its there thus saving me some battery life. I wouldn't mind checking out Chatter if only for something new but TreoHelper won't work with it so I'd lose my push email.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72
    I wouldn't mind checking out Chatter if only for something new but TreoHelper won't work with it so I'd lose my push email.
    D'oh! Chatter comes with built-in SMS support, so you wouldn't even need treohelper any more. That's how I use it. With a pop3 mailbox.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  8. #48  
    Oh! I'm interested now. And it's not because Snapper doesn't work perfectly for me, it's just that I've used it for a while wouldn't mind something new.

    Thanks.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72
    I feel like the odd ball but I swear by Snapper. I'm with Verizon so I can't have my phone always connected to the Internet. What I did to get 'push' email was to use TreoHelper and it's SMS functionality. everytime I get an email my server sends me an SMS that says 'GOT MAIL'. TreoHelper see's that deletes it and launches a Snapper Mail fetch. its nice in that my Treo only looks for email when it knows its there thus saving me some battery life. I wouldn't mind checking out Chatter if only for something new but TreoHelper won't work with it so I'd lose my push email.
    Do you not have a data plan? With efficient sync in chatter and setting the keepalive time to a higher number (depends on your mail server), then you can minimize data connections. It's not quite as good as GSM or even Sprint, but it's not bad at all and keeps data connections down to a minimum.
  10. #50  
    I do have an unlimited data plan.

    I loaded the demo of Chatter and it seems pretty nice. I really like the OWA ability on it, I am emailing back and forth with Marc (the developer) to see if I can get the attachments working, if that happens I'd gladly fork over the 70 bucks to buy the bundle. I've for a long time been unable to directly connect to my corporate email, I've always had to resort to forwarding my mail messages to an email address that I can monitor from my Treo. With the OWA and SMS capability in Chatter I might finally be able to directly access my Exchange account. Yeah!
  11. #51  
    sci72 - It's only $60 (not $70) including OWA. But, as it appears, attachments are being blocked by your network (about 10% of users experience this, mainly on older Exchange servers).

    Marc
  12. #52  
    Thanks for the correction Marc, thought I read it was $69. Have no problem with saving 10 bucks though.

    I'm going to talk to my IT people and see if they'll work with me on the X-MS-ENUMATTS blocking.

    I've tried the 'push' with OWA and it worked great at first but since has proven to be unreleiable after my phone gets a call, don't ask me why, it just stays in 'Listen' mode even when I know there is a new email. The SMS trigger works well though so I might just stick with that. Hey Marc, is there anyway Chatter could delete the SMS after it used it to trigger a mail sync? I use to use TreoHelper with Snapper and it would delete the SMS so it didn't clutter up my SMS inbox after the mail fetch.

    Chatter is an great product, I had put off trying it for the longest time and now am really enjoying it. I'm planning on buying it once my demo runs out, even if I then decide not to use it, just want to do it cause Marc has been so amazingly helpful via email even to someone who hasnt' bought it yet.
  13. #53  
    sci72 -

    Who is your carrier? Push is entirely reliable when it works; my suspicion is that it was never really working properly. A log would show whether you are actually ever getting push signals.

    Marc
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions