1.    #1  
    Hello All
    Im wondering if the following is possible:
    If I add a meeting to my calendar on the Treo is it possible to somehow sync remotely over the net with Outlook on my desktop (or is there some central location I can sync to similiar to an FTP account). In other words make outlook aware of the new meeting without a physical sync from the cradle attached to the PC running outlook?
    Im asking because I add many meetings to the treo in a day and thats fine if I remember to bring the phone home with me from the office. However if I forget my phone the new meetings are at work and not accessable via my home PC. Thanks guys.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    You can sync over a local network using any PC that has the proper cradle and a local area connection to your PC. Your PC must be on for this to work.

I do not know a way to sync over the Internet. I suppose if each PC had an address unique in the Internet (such as an un-protected PC connected to a cable modem) it might work. I would not recemmened trying this as the un-protected PCs would attract hackers in only a few minutes.
    All is explained in this post:

http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....num=1093386354

Have fun.....
    I remote-sync over the internet frequently. First you have to establish a VPN connection to your local network. Once the VPN connection is active, the treo can do a network sync with your office PC. You'd need the ability to VPN to make this work obviously.
    I sync over the internet all the time. You dont need a VPN you do need a public IP address or the ability to forward the right port if you are behind a router. There are tons of threads about this, some of them go into great detail about the setup. I am sure with a quick search and 5-10 mins of reading you'll be on your way.

Happy Syncing!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to all....Im off to do some research. Thanks again.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    lol

I actually started that other thread from a thread here...its such a wonderful communtiy...I'm still having trouble if an elder wants to chime in
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    those are similar....I am using a router. I applied the rules stated for the PC port to the routers port forwarding...but still no go.

Other help?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    those are similar....I am using a router. I applied the rules stated for the PC port to the routers port forwarding...but still no go.

Other help?
    What happens when you try to sync? Does your router have a static IP address? What internet provider are you using? list all of your settings on treo, router and cpu. Please give as many details as possible. I would be happy to help.

I would be happy to help you over the phone if needed. PM your info to me if you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey

Other help?
    First of all it's better you try without the router. Connect to the net in dial-up look for the ip address and make a try.... if everything works then it's a firewall/router issue
    Ciao

Ettore
    UPDATE UPDATE

sync'ing as we speak

I go through the router...I will update with firewall news after this cleans up...ITS SLOWWWWW

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    any updates? I would love to also do this. Thanks!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    any updates? I would love to also do this. Thanks!
    I use it and it works
    Ciao

Ettore