1.    #1  
    I just started using Soundrec on my Treo 600, and am thrilled with the program. But I'm wondering if it's possible to send the audio files via E-mail as attachments, or via FTP (if there's any kind of Treo 600-compatible FTP program).

Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Audacity Audio will be coming out with a solution that addresses this very issue. It is called Audacity AudioMail and will be out in a couple of weeks. Emailing files is not a good solution as the files are very large and the network very slow. Audacity compresses the file very small and uses an FTP process that decompresses the file enroute to the destination email box. That way the recipient can listen to it without having to worry about a compressed format. I'm sure there will be an announcement when it is released or send an email to sales@AudacityAudio.com.
    Snapper allows you to attach the files to emails, provided you are storing them on your SD card.... but as mentioned previously they can be quite large... there are also some good FTP applications out there that work on the Treo but again, there's that whole size thing...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    search for VSFTP - palmos ftp proggie - a little buggy but it is true ftp if you suffer long enough to set it up

Audacity Audio sounds great though - i will be looking into this as well
    Last edited by sledgie; 08/26/2004 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smksat12
    I just started using Soundrec on my Treo 600, and am thrilled with the program. But I'm wondering if it's possible to send the audio files via E-mail as attachments, or via FTP (if there's any kind of Treo 600-compatible FTP program).

Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Personal Audio Record PRO can compress the voice memo in winzip format and can send it to your email client for delivery.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Winzip is not very efficient with an audio file. You can only save about 20%, a 1 Meg file compresses to 800K. Hardly worth it considering the extra step to zip it and then the extra step to unzip it.