Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Attached are 2 pics of my latest product: The Omni Treo 600 Cradle. This IS the ultimate cradle for home or car for Treo 600 of any flavor. It provides hands free speakerphone capability as well as MP3 stereo playback through your computer’s audio system, your car stereo’s audio system, your home stereo’s audio system, or any FM radio. It also charges your Treo with a single connector USB cable via your desktop or notebook computer’s USB port. This is the only cradle you will ever need for home or car. There’s bonus feature included as well. Read on.

Features:

• The Omni Treo 600 Cradle is a hands free speakerphone/ MP3 player. A 2.5 mm mic input jack is provided in the back of the cradle, between the 2 toggle switches to accept an external mic. An excellent 8 inch goose-neck external mic with answer/ hang-up button comes with the cradle. You can try other cell phone mics with a 2.5 mm plug to tailor the sound quality to your liking. Having an external mic makes a world of difference in sound quality compared to using the Treo’s internal mic while in speakerphone mode. This is true for home or car use.

• The Omni Treo 600 Cradle securely holds your Treo 600. A magnet is attached inside to securely grip the Treo to the cradle to prevent “whip-lash” effect for those with hot rods and a heavy foot. Simply slide your Treo into the cradle. For car use, a threaded base plate is provided to allow custom secure mount in the best location of your vehicle. Or it can be attached by Velcro to any flat horizontal surface in your vehicle for a portable mount so you can take the cradle from car to office or home.

• A 3.5 mm stereo jack is provided on the left side of the cradle to connect your Treo’s audio output to the following inputs: Home computer audio system’s line-input, car stereo system’s auxiliary input, FM transmitter, or Cassette adapter. If you want to listen to music via headphones or wants privacy during phone calls, simply plug in any stereo headphones into the 3.5 mm jack. Wait till you hear the superior sound quality!

• A toggle switch is provided on the back of the cradle, on the right side, to select between “hands free speakerphone mode” or “MP3 mode”.

• A 2.5 mm stereo jack is also provided on the right side of the cradle to allow you to plug in a mic/ earset for privacy during phone calls. Simply plugging in the mic/ earset will disable the speakerphone.

• A single USB connector cable charges and HotSyncs your Treo while in the cradle. You can also use CardExport to access your SD/IO card. For car use, simply plug the USB charge cable into a USB car charger (available on ebay)

• Programmable “HotSync” button allow you to program it to open any application. (I have it programmed for PocketTunes)

• Green LED below the HotSync button indicates the cradle is plugged into the USB port and Treo is charging. This allows you to program the Treo’s LED to indicate statuses other than charge.

BONUS feature:
    • A toggle switch is provided in the back of the cradle, on the left side, to allow you to turn on/ off charging. This is especially useful if your are on the road with your laptop, ac power is not available, the laptop battery is low, you need to use PDANet to read your e-mail and you can’t afford to suck down your laptop’s precious battery further by having to charge the Treo. You can accomplish this by a flip of the switch to turn charging off. If you are at home or in your office and your Treo’s been sitting in the cradle charging for hours and it is at 100%, you can turn off charging by a flip of the switch instead of pulling the Treo out of the cradle. Your battery will last longer if it is not left charging for a long time when it is at 100%.

What’s in the package:
    • One cradle as described above
    • One 8 inch goose neck external mic with answer hang-up buttonwith with 2.5 mm plug.

Price: $119.95 plus $6.95 shipping and handling in the continental USA.

Availability: NOW, in limited quantities.

Please inquire about shipping costs to Europe or Asia.

I accept paypal, money order, or personal checks. Please allow 1 week for delivery after payment has cleared.

E-mail me: firepiston@fastmail dot fm for ordering details or if you have any questions.

Note: remove the “ dot “ and replace with a “.” in my e-mail addr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Here's 2 more pics of my Omni cradle I just took and sending via PDANet.

Pic omni c-1:
    Shows the Treo in the Omni Treo 600 cradle, charging by the Sony Vaio (plugged into a/c power). Note the charge indicators, the red LED on the Treo and the green LED on the cradle are both on.

Pic omni c-2:
    Sony Vaio is running on battery power. Charge toggle switch on the Omni Treo 600 cradle is in the off position to conserve laptop battery. Note the charge indicators, the red LED on the Treo and the green LED on the cradle are both off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pardon my ignorance, but how powerful is the magnet? Is there any possibility that this would cause data loss especially in an inserted SD card? Would it affect speaker performace?
  4.    #4  
    Dennis,

The magnet will not have any effect on the SD card or the speaker performance. SD cards are solid state memory devices, which are not affected like magnetic devices (such as a sloppy disk) that can be erased by magnetism.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    Pardon my ignorance, but how powerful is the magnet? Is there any possibility that this would cause data loss especially in an inserted SD card? Would it affect speaker performace?
    the magnet would not affect the SD card but it could affect the speaker. I am a little concerned. remove teh magnet and this would be a good product
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  6.    #6  
    rossoneri , the magnet is 2 inches below the speaker. It will have zero effect on the speaker! Trust me. Now go punch that fax machine a few more times for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    the magnet would not affect the SD card but it could affect the speaker. I am a little concerned. remove teh magnet and this would be a good product
    another stupidly high priced cradel yea its got good features but thats a lot of money and we dont even know if the next treo will fit in it i would have brought one of these if they were lower priced
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  8.    #8  
    It also costs a lot of money and takes a lot of work to make. Just think of the convenience and features of this cradle and how much pleasure you will get out of it and the money issue will be irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    another stupidly high priced cradel yea its got good features but thats a lot of money and we dont even know if the next treo will fit in it i would have brought one of these if they were lower priced
    Last edited by newtreouser; 08/26/2004 at 11:12 AM.
    The one biggest flaw I see in this cradle is the location of the switch between music and phone mode. I'm not gonna reach behind the cradle and feel for that switch while driving and as mentioned the price is way too high for something we may only be able to use for a few months when the new model comes out.
  10.    #10  
    The switch is placed in the back so as not to disturb the clean lines of the front face of the cradle. You can reach back and feel the toggle switch without taking your eyes off the road. For anyone who can drive and talk at the same time, activating the switch is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    The one biggest flaw I see in this cradle is the location of the switch between music and phone mode. I'm not gonna reach behind the cradle and feel for that switch while driving and as mentioned the price is way too high for something we may only be able to use for a few months when the new model comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    i just noticed the price. CRAP! it's way too expensive!!!!!
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  12.    #12  
    If you want cheap, I can make you a USB charge only cradle for $40, without all the audio features, no external mic, no switches, no audio inputs or outputs, just a single USB charge cable that allows charge and hotsync from your computer.

i just noticed the price. CRAP! it's way too expensive!!!!!
    i think your marketing strategy should focus on mass usability with fewer bells and whistles. for instance, a cradle with the ability to listen to MP3's, charge and hotsync at a price comparable to the palmOne cradle will probably sell like hot-cakes. A cradle that can paint your toenails at $200 won't because people don't want their cradle to do that. i suggest you remove some of the functionality, lower the price and you'll see people begging for your cradle over the palmOne version. just my 2 cents
    newtreouser:
    don't be dissillusioned by the negatives, that looks pretty d**n cool!
    What do you mean "Threaded base"? some pictures of that would be helpful. I am looking for a car mount and a desk mount. I must admit, the price is on the higher side, but whenever you add functionality you add price. I am counting my moola to see if I can afford it (or if my wife lets me...sigh)
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    If you want cheap, I can make you a USB charge only cradle for $40, without all the audio features, no external mic, no switches, no audio inputs or outputs, just a single USB charge cable that allows charge and hotsync from your computer.
    Let's go thru the cost of the parts list to build a cradle with similar features (all prices from the Treocentral accessories page except where noted, possibly cheaper from others places):

PalmOne Docking Cradle - $24.95
    Treo USB Cable - $9.95 (free if you use the one included with the Treo)
    Seidio 2-in-1 headset (parts for the headset/mp3 jacks) - $29.95
    Headphone Adapter (parts for the stereo mp3 jack) - $5.95
    Plastic tubing (for "gooseneck external mic") - $.30
    In-line headset (for "gooseneck external mic") - included with Treo
    Two Micromini toggle switches - $2.99-$5.99 @ radioshack
    Time to put this all together - about 2 hours

Total price minus labor - about $83.00, $74.00 if you don't buy the USB cable.

That's about $40 to $50 less than your price, not counting the shipping expenses.
    Most of these accessories can also be purchased at local cellular stores, which means we wouldn't pay shipping costs for them.
    I'm sorry, but from the pictures, I don't think it's worth $120.

Oh yah, almost forgot. For $40, you will build us a cradle that's exactly the same as the $30 PalmOne Docking Cradle. That sounds like a bargain to me... you don't happen to also have some bridges for sale in Brooklyn, do you?

-Paul
    Last edited by codice; 08/26/2004 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Forgot one more detail...
    if you sell based on need price is irrelevant.

People wll pay anything for something they need. If you can sell the need for this product you'll get your price.

As I see it there isnt really a need for the type of unit you are selling, mass marketwise anyway. Just because it suits your needs and you made it and think it has value, doesnt mean others will. That doesnt mean I dont wish you luck.

Also it seems that many of the users here including myself would like to spend as little as possible on acessories after spending 600 on a 600. (wonder if they did that on purpose?).

Looks like you did a nice job. I wouldnt plan my retirement just yet though.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I never have a problem spending the money if it suites my needs for the price. This cradle is nice but not $127 nice for my needs. For the most part, Seidio's new car kit does everything yours does (minus the power toggle switch) for forty dollars cheaper unless I'm missing something.
    good job. no offense. it's a custom market for sure. people who want this will buy it as others have mentioned. but i would be surprised if your total customer count exceeded 10.
  19.    #19  
    rossoneri, thanks for your thoughts. The Omni cradle is not for everybody. I will have lower price models with basic functions. I also can provide a service to modify your cradle to the options you want if you send it to me which will reduce cost. It is time consuming custom modification skillfully done and is not a product suitable for mass- marketing.

i think your marketing strategy should focus on mass usability with fewer bells and whistles. for instance, a cradle with the ability to listen to MP3's, charge and hotsync at a price comparable to the palmOne cradle will probably sell like hot-cakes. A cradle that can paint your toenails at $200 won't because people don't want their cradle to do that. i suggest you remove some of the functionality, lower the price and you'll see people begging for your cradle over the palmOne version. just my 2 cents
    do you offer a service where you create a chrome paint job on cradles that match the treo GSM model? or do you offer custom paint jobs on treo cases or cradles?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast