Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow, interesting.

One question: can you plug a headset/earbud (ie the one included w/ the Treo) into the mic jack?
    NewTreoUser,

Looks fantastic!

I find some of the comments quite strange considering 99% of people that post here own one of the most expensive phones on the market! I'm sure cost wasn't a factor when they bought their Treo...

I don't think that your product is over-the-top in price. I do however, see this model appealing to a niche market. Other models may appeal to a wider audience.

Fabricating something takes time (I know). So I can appreciate your effort!

Keep it up
    www.gsmworld.com
  3.    #23  
    It most certainly can! When plugged into the mic jack, it automatically disconnects the speakerphone for privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_memory
    Wow, interesting.

One question: can you plug a headset/earbud (ie the one included w/ the Treo) into the mic jack?
  4.    #24  
    Thanks for the encouragement nzmoko. There seems to be a few hecklers on this list. Not much you can do except to ignore them I guess. I've been a long time admirer to the mod you did to your Treo 270. Very cool indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    NewTreoUser,

Looks fantastic!

I find some of the comments quite strange considering 99% of people that post here own one of the most expensive phones on the market! I'm sure cost wasn't a factor when they bought their Treo...

I don't think that your product is over-the-top in price. I do however, see this model appealing to a niche market. Other models may appeal to a wider audience.

Fabricating something takes time (I know). So I can appreciate your effort!

Keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    It most certainly can! When plugged into the mic jack, it automatically disconnects the speakerphone for privacy.
    Awesome!

Question the second: would you consider making a slightly stripped-down version of this? Like, I suspect, a lot of people, I don't need a cradle for my car; I just want one that I can park next to my desktop at work and be able to answer calls on the earbud. $120 for the uber-l33t model is a bit rich for my taste, but I could see paying $50-to-maaaaaaybe-$75 for one that simply charged, synced and had the headset passthrough, but which was objectively better than the PalmOne Cradle.
  6.    #26  
    dr memory, yes I can make a desktop charge and sync cradle with audio pass-through to both a 2.5 and 3.5 mm jack for $75. This will allow you to use it with an earset on the 2.5 mm jack and stereo headphones on the 3.5 mm jack. I can make it charge via USB only or USB AND Palmone ac charge. your choice no extra charge.

If you send me your cradle to modify instead of me supplying the whole thing outright, I can give you a credit towards the purchase price.

email me

firepiston@fastmail dot fm for ordering details.

Note: remove the " dot " and replace with a "." before sending.
    Gang - are there any other cradles that have the built-in speaker feature?

I really love this. All of the sales reps that work with me have Verizon, so when they are on the road, I call them from my cell so they don't get banged with minutes.

Anyway - are there any other cradles that have that? Also, the USB charging/sync feature seems to be nice.

Thanks all!

-Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by pkaine
    Gang - are there any other cradles that have the built-in speaker feature?
    I would think you could use a slimmed down version of newtreouser's cradle and plug an extra set of powered computer speakers into the output, and you would have volume control on the speakers. I use the speakerphone on the treo quite a bit, but sound quality is not great.

I like the full featured one for my car, and 120 is ok in my book, but the only surface I have to mount to is vertical, so the buttons would need to be black/beautiful and in the front,and the back would have to be chopped off quite a bit. I like the magnet though, I'm one of those drivers. And the mic would get hard wired up to my sun visor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12