1.    #1  
    Man have I had bad luck.

Just bought a 600 on ebay. I took it out of the box and noticed that it had no charge at all. I plugged it in thinking it would charge in 3 hours. About 12 hours later I finally had a 100% charge. The second I took it off the charger, it dropped down to 94%. After a day of mild usage, it is down to 72%. Does that seem normal?

Ok, next issue... when I go to use the camera, the screen flashes/blinks every few seconds making it difficult to take a picture.

Any advice? I am at my wits end. Thanks
    A day of mild usage might easily go from 94% to 72% although it's hard to say for sure. It also depends on what type (CDMA or GSM) and what kind of coverage you have. Low margin signals will cause the phone to hunt more and use more energy. CDMA (Sprint or Verizon) will also use more battery than GSM.

By the camera, flashing if you mean the pictures changes brightness, contrast, and color that is normal. It usually takes a few seconds for the image to stabilize. It also takes longer in low light than in daylight for it to settle out.

Hard to tell for sure, but it sounds pretty normal.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The camera isn't great. We do not buy our Treos for their cameras.

Go to your preferences and check your settings. Lower your screen brightness. Turn Beam Receive OFF. Set AUTO-off After to 1 minute. There are any number of ways you can save precious battery resources. There are some utilities you can get which help as well, such as "TreoGuard" which lets you turn OFF your screen while in a call which saves your battery.

Keep reading in the forums, there are always LOTS of hints and ideas being passed around. But the best advice is to read the manual and if you cannot find your answer to a search in here. It is almost guaranteed that you will find answers. This is a GREAT forum!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the feedback.

The thing about the camera is, when I go into camera mode, the screen flashes every few seconds in such a rhythem that it almost seems like the wireless aspect of the phone is interfering with it or something. I searched the forums and came up with nothing, so maybe my camera has a malfunction of some sort.

About the charge time, is it normal for it to take that long to charge? I read in some reviews that it should only take 3 hours at most to completely charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    About the charge time, is it normal for it to take that long to charge? I read in some reviews that it should only take 3 hours at most to completely charge.
    12 hours, I would say no, that isn't normal. I had a Treo 300 that I thought the same thing was happening too, not charging well. I thought the phone was shot or the battery needed replaced or something. It just so happened that I plugged in a different charger and it charged right up. Turns out the end on the charger cable was bad and not getting a good connection. Anyone else you know of have a Treo to help swap components out? If not, I'd take it into a store and try theirs out.

When I bought my Treo 600 I could have bought it off of Ebay as well, but I chose not too because the insurance doesn't cover it that Sprint sells. Something to think about.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    They good news is, that it is less than a year old and has factory warranty. Use it before you lose it.
    No, you shouldn't see any pulsing once the camera finds the right light level. Note though in low light it can flucate back and forth trying to find the right light level.

No, it shouldn't take anything like 12 hours to charge. It you are using the original charger, let it recharge and see how long it takes. It should fully charge in a few hours or less. If it still takes as long either the phone is bad or the charger is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    Thanks for the feedback.

The thing about the camera is, when I go into camera mode, the screen flashes every few seconds in such a rhythem that it almost seems like the wireless aspect of the phone is interfering with it or something. I searched the forums and came up with nothing, so maybe my camera has a malfunction of some sort.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Ohh, please don't tell me that Sprint doesn't cover phones not purchased through an authorized dealer!! I just called them today in preparation for getting my phone on Friday and they said that their monthly warranty covers any phone that is operational and activated with them for more than 30 days - regardless of whether I bought it used. Did I get bad information?
    Quote Originally Posted by jenamiles
    Ohh, please don't tell me that Sprint doesn't cover phones not purchased through an authorized dealer!! I just called them today in preparation for getting my phone on Friday and they said that their monthly warranty covers any phone that is operational and activated with them for more than 30 days - regardless of whether I bought it used. Did I get bad information?
    He mentioned he purchased the phone from ebay. I didn't see a mention about it being an authorized dealer, of even if it was a new phone or used.
    As it was mentioned on the previous posts (and from personal experience), Sprint tends to have hissy fits about phones purchased from sources other than their 'authorized' channels, regardless of their status. If you're activating a phone you didn't get from Sprint or one of their dealers, you might want to go to a Sprint store and ask about it, or check the forums and FAQs on http://www.sprintusers.com.

-Paul
    The Sprint store I go to has never asked where I bought my Treo when I've taken it in.
    sometimes this has worked for me-- not always tho- you can tell them you received it as a gift- so of course you don't know where it was purchased!