1.    #1  
    So I was at a friend's house that didn't really have very much wireless signal (maybe 1 or two bars) overnight, and had left my Sprint Treo 600's wireless mode on. Normally my phone lasts for days at a time on standby mode, and my battery had been at about 87% when I got there. But somehow my battery totally died overnight, and everything in RAM got erased. Luckily I had a backup from yesterday, but it was just kind of annoying.
    Now, my first question is - how the heck can this happen? Could I have been connected to the Internet the whole time and not realized it? I think it might have been connected at the time (two grey arrows next to the signal strength meter, but not green), but does just being connected use up that much power? Additionally, how can I prevent my memory from getting totally erased? The last time I had a Palm, having the battery drain was not supposed to result in a total memory loss. The Treo didn't even beep at me or notify me at all that the battery was getting low, and it didn't even think to turn the wireless mode off completely when the battery was nearly drained. Are there any programs to do this for me?
    I had serious issues with filez if thats on your phone after updating with sprint 1.20. The phone would literally have a hot flash. The screen would go bright and the treo would reset. At that point my battery would loose 50% power instantly. It didn't necessarily happen during use of filez but I noticed that the issue went away when I got rid of filez. 1 month later I needed filez again so I put it back on my phone. Same thing happened within a day. Been good since I took it off. No one else seems to be having this issue. If you got a picky treo, backup regularly.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I had serious issues with filez if thats on your phone after updating with sprint 1.20. The phone would literally have a hot flash. The screen would go bright and the treo would reset. At that point my battery would loose 50% power instantly. It didn't necessarily happen during use of filez but I noticed that the issue went away when I got rid of filez. 1 month later I needed filez again so I put it back on my phone. Same thing happened within a day. Been good since I took it off. No one else seems to be having this issue. If you got a picky treo, backup regularly.

hm, interesting. I do have the latest FileZ beta on my SD card, but I don't seem to really get the behavior you're describing at all.
    I didn't have my filez on the card. I had filez in the phone memory. Mentioned this in other threads but I believe there are some lethal combos of software out there like drugs and alcohol. Klondike and MovieRec were giving me reset issues and I also deleted those since they were of marginal importance to me. MovieRec was cool but not worth having on the crappy treo camera, easily the worst feature on the phone.
    I have had no problems with FileZ (GA or new Beta). What does have battery drain problems is FastForward v1.1. Are you running FF? I am beta testing the next version now and the problem has been solved.
    This same thing happened to me two weeks ago this Saturday. Very Weird, I have also noticed that when my treo sits in the cradle (with radio on) it sometimes bounces back and forth from fully charged (green) to active charging (red). I watched it bounce back and forth a few times yesterday morning. Finally, I have been experiencing a massive increase of freezes. I have probably done 20-30 soft resets over the last 3 weeks.

I am thinking that there may be a voltage problem with my battery that somehow resulted from the phone completely discharging. Maybe these voltage irregularities are causing all of my freezes?

I would like to think that Sprint would swap this out for a replacement, but I fear the looks on their faces when I begin telling this story...

FYI, I am not using FileZ.
    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have had no problems with FileZ (GA or new Beta). What does have battery drain problems is FastForward v1.1. Are you running FF? I am beta testing the next version now and the problem has been solved.
    nope.
    Weak phone signal strength is a known, sure-fire battery sapper. What happens is that the phone loses signal, then spends a ton of battery useage trying to reacquire the signal. If you're in an area where the signal strength comes and goes, it will suck the life right out of your battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasguru
    Weak phone signal strength is a known, sure-fire battery sapper. What happens is that the phone loses signal, then spends a ton of battery useage trying to reacquire the signal. If you're in an area where the signal strength comes and goes, it will suck the life right out of your battery.
    This never made sense to me. How my treo300/600 will eat battery with no signal but someone with a samsung 3500/etc would be all set because there phones had a sleep feature. Rediculous, but true.

I drained a full battery on my old 300 in 50 minutes one time!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2