1.    #1  
    Hey guys and gals,

I want to be able to every once and a while get my Yahoo mail on my Treo but I don't want to get the Bulk Mail because obviously it's going to take up too much space.

Does anyone out there know if there is a way to only get your inbox mail and not the bulk mail?

And also when you are setting up a new email what are the following for Yahoo Mail:

Incoming POP3 Server
    Outgoing SMTP Server

And lastly the Advanced tab, I don't think I do anything in there but check the box for 'Leave mail on server', but if there is anything else let me (us) know.

Thanks
    Incoming: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

If you have your spam filter on then you should only be getting mail from your Yahoo Inbox, not Bulk Mail folder. The Bulk Mail folder will continue to fill up, but the messages will not be downloaded when using a POP email client (i.e. Snapper).

Quote Originally Posted by gurunuru
    Hey guys and gals,

I want to be able to every once and a while get my Yahoo mail on my Treo but I don't want to get the Bulk Mail because obviously it's going to take up too much space.

Does anyone out there know if there is a way to only get your inbox mail and not the bulk mail?

And also when you are setting up a new email what are the following for Yahoo Mail:

Incoming POP3 Server
    Outgoing SMTP Server

And lastly the Advanced tab, I don't think I do anything in there but check the box for 'Leave mail on server', but if there is anything else let me (us) know.

Thanks
    Does that work with the free service? Or do you still have to pay for POP access?
    You have to pay for the POP access.
    Message to YAHOO, pop this. It should be free.
    Under the POP settings, make sure you have checked " I don't want to receive any messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam "
  7.    #7  
    having problems guys or any new person looking at this. I filled out all three tabs: Name, Server, and Advanced

I put in my username and password on the name tab
    I put the Server info that Illustreous gave me
    I didn't do anything on the Advanced tab but check the box that says 'LEave mail on server'

What am I missing to receive my Yahoo email on Treo? Do I fill out something in 'For outgoing mail server:'?
    Quote Originally Posted by gurunuru
    having problems guys or any new person looking at this. I filled out all three tabs: Name, Server, and Advanced

I put in my username and password on the name tab
    I put the Server info that Illustreous gave me
    I didn't do anything on the Advanced tab but check the box that says 'LEave mail on server'

What am I missing to receive my Yahoo email on Treo? Do I fill out something in 'For outgoing mail server:'?
    Do you have a Yahoo!Plus mail account? If you don't, you *do not* have pop access to your yahoo account. You have to pay $20/year for this type of account, which includes additional space and a few other features (http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help).
    The only way around this would be to use something like Aileron (http://www.corsoft.com), which allows you to access both POP and web accounts with ease, using their own servers as 'gateways' between you and online services like yahoo and hotmail.
    I use Aileron and I've been pleased with it, maybe others have had good experiences with similar applications as well. You might want to give it a try.

-Paul
    there is also something called yahoopops - never used it as my laptop is with me but if you have a machine on all the time this should work based on the description here
    Another possibility is to find someone with an SBC DSL account and ask to use one of their 5 email accounts.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I just read my yahoo mail live over GPRS. I don't know about other carriers, but it's easy to get to from AT&T. It's got a pretty straight forward WAP interface which works fine for occational use.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by codice
    Do you have a Yahoo!Plus mail account? If you don't, you *do not* have pop access to your yahoo account. You have to pay $20/year for this type of account, which includes additional space and a few other features (http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help).
    The only way around this would be to use something like Aileron (http://www.corsoft.com), which allows you to access both POP and web accounts with ease, using their own servers as 'gateways' between you and online services like yahoo and hotmail.
    I use Aileron and I've been pleased with it, maybe others have had good experiences with similar applications as well. You might want to give it a try.

-Paul
    So basically, I need to have Yahoo! Plus in order to get POP3 access, to be able to get my email to my Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by carickster
    So basically, I need to have Yahoo! Plus in order to get POP3 access, to be able to get my email to my Treo?
    Yes, or you can use Izymail (IzyMail) to use IMAP to access your Yahoo mail. This would also allow you to access folders you have in your mail.
    I have my free yahoo account send an SMS message to my Treo whenever I get a new email. I can't read the email on my Treo unless I check it via my browser, but at least I know I have an email to check when I get home. I don't get a lot of emails though, so it works for me.
    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Yes, or you can use Izymail (IzyMail) to use IMAP to access your Yahoo mail. This would also allow you to access folders you have in your mail.
    How much is the Izymail service? And do you use it; with which PDA mail app; how well does it work?
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    How much is the Izymail service? And do you use it; with which PDA mail app; how well does it work?
    For one e-mail address (i.e. Yahoo), it's $11 a year, with a one time $5 setup fee. I use it with SnapperMail Enterprise (for the IMAP). It works pretty well. I get almost all my Yahoo Mail. The only two issues seem to be:

1) When my aunt replies from her webTV address, that causes some type of conflict.

2) Once in a while (like maybe once a week) Yahoo seems to renumber the messages, so it winds up redownloaded all of the messages again. I keep the folders that I check fairly low in numbers of e-mails (storing longer term stuff in other folders which are not checked with Izy/SnapperMail), so this usually isn't a big deal for me.

Still, I will probably move everything over to FastMail next year. You can try IzyMail for free for 15 days if you want.
    Or use the wap version in your browser - http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/