1.    #1  
    Sorry if I missed a thread on here but does anyone use facer? If so, does anyone know where to get themes for the treo600 and facer?
    Yep, sure do. Go to FacerThemes.com

There's a downloads section (probably should register first), and a Treo 600 section. There's only a few in there so far as there Thememaker just added Treo 600 support about 2 weeks ago. (ok, ok, they're mine...) I'd be interested in any feedback you have.

Just an FYI...they've exceeded their allowed bandwith for today...which is a first time occurrance, so they'll have to bump up their allowed bandwidth...
    Re vera, potas bene.
    I tried Facer, and anticipated it's newest 2.0 interface, but found it very annoying that I can not scroll through the program catagories without getting the stylus out. Facer does look promising, but until I can scroll my catagories using the jog dial, I'll stick with ZLauncher.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    I tried Facer, and anticipated it's newest 2.0 interface, but found it very annoying that I can not scroll through the program catagories without getting the stylus out. Facer does look promising, but until I can scroll my catagories using the jog dial, I'll stick with ZLauncher.
    Depending on which PDA your using (from your sig., you have a Treo 600 & a T3?)...on the Treo 600, the Home key will cycle you though your program categories, on the T3, 'tap' the Home icon with your fingernail...not sure what you meant by 'Jog dial' as neither unit in your sig. has one.

Pushing the center button on the d-pad will switch you from the Today view to the Launcher view. You can then use the d-pad to select the program you want.

I'm probably biased as I like the new Plug-in functionality in Facer. It should only improve as more plug-ins are released.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Yes, hitting the home button does switch catagories, but using the d-pad does nothing in Facer. I guess I'm just being picky, but using the d-pad is much more convienent. Especually with my Tungsten, because it doen't even have a home button. I just can't imagine someone designing a launcher without allowing the d-pad to switch catagories. Even the default launcher can do this.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    Yes, hitting the home button does switch catagories, but using the d-pad does nothing in Facer. I guess I'm just being picky, but using the d-pad is much more convienent. Especually with my Tungsten, because it doen't even have a home button. I just can't imagine someone designing a launcher without allowing the d-pad to switch catagories. Even the default launcher can do this.
    You might want to try the latest version...it doesn't sound like you're on it, as the d-pad does have functionality in Facer. Hitting up/down on the Today page scrolls the today page up/down...on the launcher side of life, up/down on the d-pad again scrolls it up/down, using left/right moves through the selection of programs in that category, hit the d-pad center button to launch selected program.

I will agree though, that w/o having my dedicated Treo's home button, it is more difficult to cycle through them...sounds to me like a good option they should add...
    Re vera, potas bene.
    using the pad allows you to scroll up/down and between apps within the launcher pages, so if you have more than 1 page of apps you can hit down until you see the app you need, then hit right until it hilights the app then hit the center button to start the app

I never take out my stylus anymore until I actually need it in the app itself. Facer has worked great for me so far.
  8.    #8  
    Does anyone know where to get cool facer themes that will work with the treo besides facerthemes.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse
    You might want to try the latest version....
    If your d-pad scrolls program catagories in Facer as I have describled, please fill me in on what version you have installed.

And I must retract my statement saying that the d-pad does nothing. Yes it does what you have described above, but it doesn't do it's most important job. Scroll catagories. It's such a basic task. And it's really not much to ask for in a launcher. I guess that's why I'm so annoyed by it.
    Last edited by BLUES; 08/26/2004 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce
    Does anyone know where to get cool facer themes that will work with the treo besides facerthemes.com?
    There are commercial themes out there, however, since Treo theme support has been added recently, I haven't seen any made available for it. Facerthemes.com is the best (and maybe only) source...you could always make your own.

There are themers who will do requests...so you might want to post something in the Theme Request forum section if there's something you'd like to see.
    Last edited by dorelse; 08/27/2004 at 10:00 AM.
    Re vera, potas bene.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for you help!
    There are 4 new Treo themes on facerthemes.com, all of which are very high quality, nicely designed, clean themes...check 'em out!
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Hi Blue,

what type of app launcher are you using on your treo?
    I have ZLauncher and Facer installed, but use ZLauncher the most...

ZLauncher just rocks... The ability to set jpg's as backgrounds is really nice... It's the most highly configurable launcher out there. There is a bit of a learning curve when you first start using it, but if you play with it long enough, you'll figure it out.