Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    BBVFS is not running scheduled backups on my Treo 600. I have checked the usual things (running from RAM, set to back up automatically). I am running ver. 2.15. Anyone got any ideas? I am emailing Blue Nomad too.

thanks,

avid
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    I purchased both BackupBuddy (1st) and BackupMan (2nd) and frankly, BackupMan is the better product. It handles multiple backup copies and is generally faster and easier to use. If you have not purchased BackupBuddy, take a try at BackupMan. I do use BackupBuddy on the desktop to back the Treo to it. But for backups to the SD card, Backupman is hard to beat. Ben
    i actually prefer backupbuddy for one major reason. i like how it backs up files on an individual basis, as opposed to using a single big file that contains all the individual prcs and pdbs. the reason i like this so much is because i have easy access to the backups for beaming purposes (specific databases within an app), restoration of specific files as opposed to the entire memory store, and simple to use interface (though that matters the least). and it's amazingly reliable, so much so that i rarely ever backup on the pc anymore..
    I can't say that I have used BackupMan myself, but if spacehog is correct, I'd stick with Backup Buddy. I quite frequently upgrade or delete a program or database and find that I want to restore it's origional from last nights backup. If I can't restore one file at a time when needed, then BackupBuddy is the way to go. Maybe I should try BackupMan to be sure, but Backup Buddy works great. I'd be interested to see a detailed feature comparison.

Also, before purchasing BackupBuddy, I found a patched version of it online and tried it out for awhile. I enabled the backup every night feature by checking the approperate box, clicked ok, and the then went back in there to find that my checkbox was unchecked. It couldn't do any automatic backups. It would only do manual backups. I then purchased a regestered version, and now everything works great.

I'm not suggesting that you didn't purchase your copy, but just double check you have a version that hasn't been altered by downloading and installing it again from palmgear, or where ever you purchased it from.
    Last edited by BLUES; 08/26/2004 at 05:40 AM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Hmmm... BackupMan is able to restore individual files from an entire backup. I do this all the time when PocketTunes crashes and corrupts the skin file.
    Quote Originally Posted by HailRedskins
    Hmmm... BackupMan is able to restore individual files from an entire backup. I do this all the time when PocketTunes crashes and corrupts the skin file.
    Well I take back what I said about BackupMan. I should give it a try. But on the other hand, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p