Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    I think this is crazy that anyone would say that ChatterMail or any treo 600 mail client is anything like blackberry. The only company that comes close is Visto with the IP Push technology... and that is a far cry from blackberry...

You apparently have never tried Goodlink...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    These products are not even in the same catagory as GoodLink. While they are nice, any company of 3 or more thinking of wireless email should be REALLY considering GoodLink. I have installed many GoodLink systems where people have BlackBerry (we are replacing BB with GoodLink). The users can't believe how much better GL is.

-Farzon
    noting beats mnotes, nothing comes even close to mnotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    Also, this post was to discuss ChatterMail and not some trivial aspects of 'to link or not to link in forums' which I am completely unconcerned about. On top of all this now you tell me that you haven't even tried ChatterMail!?
    No I haven't, I read that it would only work with IMAP which I don't have. I didn't see the point of installing something that could potentially have bugs (not saying that it does) when it's not compatible with any of the mail accounts I have. Why would anyone install software that has zero possibility of solving the task at hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    These products are not even in the same catagory as GoodLink. While they are nice, any company of 3 or more thinking of wireless email should be REALLY considering GoodLink.
    GoodLink does not support Notes/Domino though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I agree completely with Kurt's change.

Again, my point is that "push" is not the only trait one needs to be considered Blackberry like. Chatter's limitation of only being able to use it with IMAP for me is what makes it most un-Blackberry like.
    Yes, but the Blackberry requires software that pushes the mail from either on an exchange server or on an always-on client. But I think the main functions that make the Blackberry unique are true-pushed email to the handheld, true folder/inbox synching, and background processing of email. ChatterEmail does all three...so it's real close.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    or on an always-on client.
    Nope. The Blackberry Internet Edition (personal edition) does not require an always on client. It's 100% web based.

And again, the Blackerry does POP3 mail too. Right now Chatter does not.
    In the Interent Edition-- the mail is instantly pushed to the handheld with a POP3 client as soon as it arrives to the server? (Or is there an intermediate polling step through some other service?). And with this edition there is true syncing of sent, deleted, and read messages in a 2-way fashion? If the answer is yes to all these questions, then the Blackberry (non server, non-redirector) service has advanced since I last used it.
    Ok you have got to be kidding,
    You must work for Chatter or own a large amount of stock.

and Don't get me wrong I'm not picking on chatter, I have no problem with any Palm Email client its just that you just don't understand the technology that is involved between sms pushing and blackberry’s push ie no replicating or synchronizing of mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Ok you have got to be kidding,
    You must work for Chatter or own a large amount of stock.

and Don't get me wrong I'm not picking on chatter, I have no problem with any Palm Email client its just that you just don't understand the technology that is involved between sms pushing and blackberry’s push ie no replicating or synchronizing of mail.
    *sigh* For the record, I'm not even a registered user of Chatter (yet). Secondly, it is you that either owns RIM stock or doesn't what you're talking about, because otherwise you would know Chatter has nothing to do with sms push.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12