1.    #1  
    I purchased my Treo 600 a few days ago. I've noticed that the Treo locks up/becomes unresponsive very frequently. What I mean by that is that I am using any application or just going through the launcher when I try to type, select things on the screen, turn off the PDA or ANYTHING and nothing happens for a minute or more, then suddenly, as if queued, my commands execute. Today alone I noticed 6 lock ups.

Is this a common problem with Treo 600s? I read that tight cases could be the culprit, but that doesn't seem to be the cause as my lock ups today occurred while the Treo was without a case. I'm getting frustrated! I've owned two palm PDAs and one sony PDA and never have I experienced behavior such as this. I'm not sure if I need to ask Sprint (my carrier) for a new phone or if the problem is due to software or what. Anyway, asking for a new phone is the last step I want to take, so I thought I would ask you guys as you all seem helpful.

I would really appreciate if you all would say that you have or have not experienced problems such as these.
    Last edited by Mischief; 08/24/2004 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Adding more detail
    What 3rd party software do you have installed on the Treo?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    BTW, I was noticing this behavior before 3rd party software was installed.

From Launcher the names are:

Backup
    Biz Conn
    Calc
    Calendar
    Card Info
    City Time
    DieMan
    Documents
    EzFTP
    filepc2pda
    FilesZ
    HandyShpr
    HandZipper
    HotSync
    KeysCaps600
    KeyG Time
    Khroma
    KhromaQA
    Klondike
    LFtp
    Mail
    McMoving
    Memo Pad
    Moving_Day
    PalmRunner
    PDACookbook
    Phone
    Pickem
    Pictures
    Pocket City
    Prefs
    pssh
    pTunes
    Qset
    Ruler
    Security
    ScreenShot
    Silver (now deleted)
    SMS
    Software
    Sounds
    SplashID
    SplashMoney
    SplahShopper
    StreamLync
    T600 Butler
    To Do List
    Treo Allegro
    Treo600 CM
    TreoHelper
    TuSSH
    Tutorial
    Web
    Welcome
    WordSmith
    Zap!2016
    Well, you have several apps that require backround functionality that may be causing your Treo freeze. For example Biz Conn often makes backround checks for email, while there have been many reports of Keycap600 causing conflicts with apps like Butler and etc... DOes your Treo ever automatically soft reset? If you then you can go to the reset log (**377 or *#377) to see what caused it. Finally, if your Treo was acting this way factory fresh, you might want a diagnostic done on it at your local wireless provider store...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    It's very possible that Biz Conn is the culprit as that was the first app I set up and it was sent to automatically sync. It's possible that the periodic syncronizations are causing the lock ups. I don't read email on my Treo with any sort of frequency, so I've disabled the syncing. I'll see how the device performs over the next few days.

It has done a soft reset, but that was when I was trying to run BigClock (that *******!).

And, yeah, I've got some conflicting apps on here, unfortunately. I went on a downloading frenzy for quite some time and was testing out stuff. Today I made a features matrix to figure out what I should remove and what I should keep.
    I also had a lockup issue, but a BFO led me to my too-thick screen protector wedged and pressing between the screen and screen frame. Once removed, everything was fine. I use cut down Right-Writes now. Just a thought.....
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"