Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    BTW, I've seen battery drops as big as 20% before. They all seem to happen when a call is received.

Thanks for the screenshot programs everyone.

I will be posting more pics soon.
  2.    #42  
    ... and it WASN'T LightWAV (completely).

I posted screen shots before, and I have more later to come, but I have found a few programs to be part of my batter drain problem.

I have a game that I use quite a lot, and it gives me an "indication" of when the cpu of the phone is being used a lot. The name of the game is AnotherBall. The paddle used in the game goes from side to side, and it does so pretty fast when I tested the program after a hard reset and ONLY installing AnotherBall.
    After enabling and installing many programs, like Bejewelled, BatteryGraph, BugMe, ClockPop, Filez, McPhling, and a host of others, the paddle still moves really quickly when using the d-pad. But IMMEDIATELY after adding KeyCaps600 the paddle slows down a bit. The delay being used in keycaps600 for key presses is evidently used in the d-pad too. All this means is that I am going to have to contact the creator of KeyCaps600 to disable the delay when the d-pad is used.

The BIG culprit, though, is AppLock. When enabled, the paddle on AnotherBall really really slows down, even after disabling the app while still installed. That's telling me that it is running in the background, and is affecting the treo 600's battery negatively. It doesn't cause 10 to 20% drops in the battery, but over time it eventually does.

So where does that leave me?
    Seeing that I cannot survive without MP3 ringtones, I have decided to keep LightWAV enabled, no matter what happens to the battery. Just recently, I received a call and I answered it and talked for about 4 minutes, and the battery dropped about 11% (a straight line going down in BatteryGraph). During the call I received another that went to voicemail. In the meantime, I will make it my duty to post more pics of my battery drain problem now that AppLock is uninstalled.
    BTW, I'm using Snap for the screenshots.
    glad you are enjoying your $500 mp3 ringtone player I prefer using my investment for other things like productivity, making calls etc. but if you feel the most important thing that the treo can do for you is play mp3 ringtones and
    to-hell-with-all-the-other-functions-battery-is-best-used-with-mp3-ringtones, it's your choice
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I am amazed that with a ringtone player an animated gif and vibrate all happening when you get a call, you are surprised when the battery goes down.

I am also amazed that you need that much going on just to identify a caller.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I am amazed with LightWav too. I think I was probably the 1st person on this forum to suggest animated GIF caller ID. Thanks for making it happen Toysoft.

My problem is that when I installed version 3, it was no longer registered. I have tried contacting Lightwav several times to ask for help and have gotten nothing back.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    glad you are enjoying your $500 mp3 ringtone player I prefer using my investment for other things like productivity, making calls etc. but if you feel the most important thing that the treo can do for you is play mp3 ringtones and
    to-hell-with-all-the-other-functions-battery-is-best-used-with-mp3-ringtones, it's your choice
    I keep my charger close, which means that I DO use my treo for "productivity, making calls etc." also.
    (BTW, just got my $70 1gig Sandisk SD card in the mail, and CAN'T wait to get home and use it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I am amazed that with a ringtone player an animated gif and vibrate all happening when you get a call, you are surprised when the battery goes down.

I am also amazed that you need that much going on just to identify a caller.
    I really don't need it, just like having it.

Still confused?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot
    I am amazed with LightWav too. I think I was probably the 1st person on this forum to suggest animated GIF caller ID. Thanks for making it happen Toysoft.

My problem is that when I installed version 3, it was no longer registered. I have tried contacting Lightwav several times to ask for help and have gotten nothing back.
    Thanks for the suggestion to Toysoft!!
    ok now enjoy constant phone resets. thanks Toysoft!! lol..

good point Woof - why all the hassle just to identify a caller. and what are the thrills from watching an animated gif ?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    If animated gifs are such a thrill there needs to be aprogram that will just play them at will. That way there is not waiting for a phone call to get the thrill.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    ok now enjoy constant phone resets. thanks Toysoft!! lol..

good point Woof - why all the hassle just to identify a caller. and what are the thrills from watching an animated gif ?
    No resets HERE!! (I don't know what you'e been experiencing).

If animated gifs are such a thrill there needs to be aprogram that will just play them at will. That way there is not waiting for a phone call to get the thrill.
    LightWAV is good enough THANK YOU!!
    lol. i agree. hehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    No resets HERE!! (I don't know what you'e been experiencing).

LightWAV is good enough THANK YOU!!
    Must be some good gifs
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot

did you send to the correct email? try it again. 3.1 should be out soon.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123