Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the only thing i can say is, i haven't heard many applications with this many unsatisfied customers and long-winded troubleshooting mechanisms. doesn't this tell you something smiley?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    the only thing i can say is, i haven't heard many applications with this many unsatisfied customers and long-winded troubleshooting mechanisms. doesn't this tell you something smiley?
    All i hear is your negativity about lwav. if all of our customers had problems then we wouldnt be in business would we?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    never watched office space i take it. the avatar represents one of the funniest moments in the movie where he beats up a fax machine/printer

i'll change it back soon, just for you.

The humor is somehow missing from the avatar. It's horrible.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    One thing to remember is that each time ptunes plays a song it uses battery. Just imagine if you have a 30 seconds song and you are not there to answer the call. ptunes will play until the caller hangs up. As an example if you get several missed calls then the battery will be less.

Lwav doesnt do anything when the phone is turned off.

If you for sure it is lwav draining your battery here is a test you can do and run lwav for a day or so.

1. remove all ringtones and alarms from lwav including contacts and groups
    2. remove all video and picture callerIDs
    3. enable lwav
    4. go back to the Phone Sound Prefs and reassign your known can unknown callers

the above will just make lwav enabled and will not use any sound or picture id.

if by end of the day your Treo is dead or very low battery then something is wrong. The next test is to erase everything and just put lwav on and repeat the above test. I know you may not want to do this. If we have the same problem as you we would have fixed the problem already.

Here is what PalmOne recommends to for users with battery problem.

To help isolate the issue, I’d recommend doing a battery disconnect reset. This will erase all data so backup first and then follow the below instructions:

1. Disconnect your Treo 600 from the AC charger.

2. Hold down the K and Backspace keys simultaneously. (Note: for French AZERTY keyboard, press K and M; for other language overlays, please refer to the customer support for your region)

3. While continuing to hold down the K and Backspace keys, press the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?).

4. Finding it hard to do? Good. We made this type of reset very awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident when your Treo 600 is jostling around in a pocket or bag. Sorry for the inconvenience. You might want to enlist the help of a dextrous friend if you find it too difficult.

5. Continue holding down K and Backspace. The screen will flash white briefly, and then go black. Release K and Backspace after this happens.

6. To revive your Treo 600, connect it to the AC charger and plug the charger into a socket. The screen will stay blank for several seconds (as long as half a minute), then it will turn on. The LED will glow solid red, indicating charging.

7. Finally, follow the steps for recovering after a hard reset (a battery disconnect reset is a type of hard reset).

Do NOT restore your data and see if you still see the battery drain issue (to make sure it’s not software).
    Thanks.
    I don't have my charger here with me, but I am able to perform the tests with Lwav.

In the meantime, can someone please tell me what is the best screen capture program for T600 - I wanna post my resilts here on the forum.
    i deleted lightwav last night. callfilter 1.2 does everything that i need. i do like lightwav but callfilter does a few things better.

note: this is not to say that i hate lightwav because i think that it is a great product and i never regret buying it. who knows, maybe future releases of lightwav with more enhancements will force me to go back.
  6.    #26  
    All i hear is your negativity about lwav. if all of our customers had problems then we wouldnt be in business would we?
    I agree with you Smiley.

This post wasn't meant to bash LW at all, in fact - the opposite is more true. People can see first hand how fast Toysoft responds to customers' issues.

I don't know their motives, but what I see is that some people are taking this topic and using it to make LightWAV seem like a bad program.
    My reason for the post was to try and make a good program even better.

Anyways, I'll post my testing results by the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    I agree with you Smiley.

This post wasn't meant to bash LW at all, in fact - the opposite is more true. People can see first hand how fast Toysoft responds to customers' issues.

I don't know their motives, but what I see is that some people are taking this topic and using it to make LightWAV seem like a bad program.
    My reason for the post was to try and make a good program even better.

Anyways, I'll post my testing results by the end of the day.
    i agree - there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to bash lightwav. i never had any problems with lightwav. great product!!!
    Lightwav and Snappermail (2.0x) are giving me trouble. Does call filter or callshield or phonetecnician allow you to set the volume to 100% on ring tones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    The humor is somehow missing from the avatar. It's horrible.
    sorry you feel that way. watch the movie! you'll love it
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    actually, if you read my post on the other lightwav thread, i gave credit to your hard work on it and i acknowledged that your job isn't easy. but customers having problems is not directly related to being in business, and you very well know that. Customers BUY the product, which supports the business, and then once they get a chance to use it, the problems arise. Do you refund dissatisfied customers?

Lightwav is a good concept but it feels like a beta version or a pre-release version that needs a lot of work. I have used it AND recommended it on a review i have written somewhere else. If you want to see it, PM me and i'll show you.
  11.    #31  
    Alright, I think I got something...

I'm not ready to post my testing results yet, but here is something I just noticed.

With LightWAV enabled and random MP3s assigned known, unknown, and voicemail, I called my phone and let it ring until I got voicemail. Then I left a quick message. There's a lot going on here:

3. When call comes in, the 5 minute MP3 and animated gif starts, along with vibrate
    4. The animated gif, vibrate and MP3 ringer stops when call is unanswered after about 12 seconds with a notification on phone that I missed a call.
    6. Before the screen turns off, the voicemail notification displays and the 5 minute voicemail MP3 starts playing
    8. I have my screen set to turn off after one minute, however the VM MP3 still plays.
    9. When the song finally goes off, my display turns back on for one minute.

So far, I haven't been able to reproduce the battery dropoffs that I am so used to seeing, but in that 6 minute span, I saw the battery drain 3%. BTW, my phone was set to mute (I occasionally unmuted it to see if the ringtone was still playing). The drain could have easily been 4-6% if my phone was not muted, because I have the volume set to the highest volume for the ringers.

I know that the ringtones should be no longer than 12 seconds, but for convenience, since I use my phone as a MP3 player, I just make those songs my ringers - I have them set to random ringtones in LW also.

What I got out of all of this, is that some battery drain could be avoided if the voicemail notification stopped at the same time the screen turns off, or limited to a certain number of seconds that it will play. Either that can be implemented in a later version of LightWAV and PTunes, or I could restrict myself to shorter midi or mp3 files that I use for my voicemail. I think I'll choose the second option

.............more testing coming soon.............
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    CallFilter rocks and is only getting better...
  13.    #33  
    Damn, it just happened again!!!

I fully enabled LightWAV (because I miss those random ringtones so much):
    1. Enabled LW
    2. Set Random MP3s for unknown, known, and voicemail.
    3. Changed ALL midi sounds in Phone Prefs to Silent
    4. Called my phone

When I called my phone, I noticed that I forgot to turn the sound on, so when I tried to turn it on, I accidently pressed the volume button, which turns the ringer off completely (good design BTW). So I didn't like how that test was panning out so I hung up the calling phone before voicemail picked up.

And what do youk now, not even a voicemail notification, but the battery went down 4%. I'm not completely crazy!! But I had just glanced at the battery, it said 60%, RIGHT BEFORE I tried calling the phone. The whole transaction took about 10 seconds, and my battery drained 4%!!!!!!

Somebody, please, tell me where there's a screen capture program so that I can show everyone.
    Again, if 10 seconds is all it takes to drain 4%, then imagine what happens when I miss a call and the voicemail notification comes in!!!

..............more testing coming soon............
    I had been usign LWav since it´s first release. No problems now. My battery still lasting the same 4 o 5 days and I see no significant drain when I receive a call with Lwav Enable.

Could be possible that the SD card that you are using be the problem? I heard that different brand use different voltages. Maybe the one that you´re using Is defective, or need high power to work.

LWav is Great. 100% recommended.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by javzar
    I had been usign LWav since it´s first release. No problems now. My battery still lasting the same 4 o 5 days and I see no significant drain when I receive a call with Lwav Enable.

Could be possible that the SD card that you are using be the problem? I heard that different brand use different voltages. Maybe the one that you´re using Is defective, or need high power to work.

LWav is Great. 100% recommended.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's the SD card! It's very slow. However, read my last post, I'm still testing, but the Silent midi selected on all the Phone Sound prefs seem to have something to do with it. 4% in 10 seconds? Seriously, I look at the battery, 60%, call the phone, hang up, look at the battery, 56% - that's crazy.

Screen capture for T600 please - anybody have any suggestions???
    Ok, but It sounds like a treo problem than lwav.

ScreenShot5 2.2, Make screenshots on Palm OS 5, Landscape, HiRes+...

Give me your email. I will send you the trial version
    Last edited by javzar; 08/25/2004 at 10:14 AM.
    I have Zgrab for screen shots. Not sure how it compares to others out there.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by javzar
    Ok, but It sounds like a treo problem than lwav.

ScreenShot5 2.2, Make screenshots on Palm OS 5, Landscape, HiRes+...

Give me your email. I will send you the trial version
    cleveland216@hotmail.com

I'll try ZGrab also.
    I use lighwav; I love lightwav. I haven't noticed any battery problems using it and my treo feels naked when I don't have special ringers and animated gifs announcing my calls!
    I use snap for screenshots; it's freeware. Zip attached.
    p.s. good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I use lighwav; I love lightwav. I haven't noticed any battery problems using it and my treo feels naked when I don't have special ringers and animated gifs announcing my calls!
    I use snap for screenshots; it's freeware. Zip attached.
    p.s. good luck
    Here's some screen captures of my BatteryGraph program and it's settings.
    You'll see that I have my database set to 1 day graph. Also, you will see the battery dropoffs. The most recent was from 60% to 56% in a matter of seconds (which I explained earlier).
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast