1.    #1  
    just bought the Ultra II 512. it's pretty nice. but i dont' know how to fully maximize the sd card. how should i set it up, what can i move in there, directories. etc.

still a newbie after 2 months.

any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    There are some tools to help you move applications to the card, but I mostly use mine for music. Just copy the files to the card and point pocket tunes there.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    There are a few default directories that you should create, if it has not already been done.

DCIM - all your images go in here. Like after you snap some pictures and want to move them to your card, this is the directory where they are moved to. Programs like AcidImage can use any directory, but most, if not all, digital cameras will put pictures in this directory.

AUDIO - all mp3's, ogg's, and the like go in here.

PALM/Launcher - all of your palm applications and databases that you want to run from your card go in here. This directory acts kinda like an extension of your internal RAM. Your default application launcher should find programs and databases in here.

PALM/Programs/ZLauncher/BackImage - If you use ZLauncher, all your ZLauncher background images go in here. Images should be 160x160 jpg files or ZLauncher backimage pdb files.

Also I created a PALM/Books directory for all my books that I want to access with TealDoc. TealDoc will read txt documents from any directory, but I wanted them to be in their own directory. And all your ebooks that you want to read with eReader have to go in the PALM/Launcher folder.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by jamison13
    just bought the Ultra II 512. it's pretty nice. but i dont' know how to fully maximize the sd card. how should i set it up, what can i move in there, directories. etc.

still a newbie after 2 months.

any help would be appreciated.
    Format the card with card info first to make sure you won't have any read problems later
  5.    #5  
    thanks all for your help