Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found this site from a google search on employee discounts, I do not see anywhere this site requires you to be an employee, Its a public site, and the discounts are great.

[Link removed per request by site admin: ronbo2000 9/1]
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/01/2004 at 11:35 PM.
    tell em you workk for Ford, they get a 23% discount.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    This sounds a lot like Fraud to me.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This does not sound honest or ethical.
    Robert Bolar REALTOR® for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quake8
    I do not see anywhere this site requires you to be an employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Referenced Web Site
    Existing Sprint PCS customers can get the employee discount by calling 888-788-4727. Let the Customer Care person know the name of your employer and you'd like to receive the discount.
    noted in the quote above, it doesnt say to tell them you wprk for anyone in particular. It implies they'll give you a discount if you tell em the name of you employer. How is that fraud?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Anyone tried this yet. I could save about $18 a month. My bill is already over $100 so any savings is welcome. I could also get 300 more minutes and still save $6.
    I suspect you'll get the discount if your employer has an agreement in place
    In most instances they will ask you for proof of employment - either via fax or in person in a Sprint store. It is fraud if you claim to work for an employer for whom you do not work, thereby obtaining a discount. You may get "lucky" by getting a "green" or new CSR who may add you to the corporate sponsorship program without proof, but don't count on it. And in either case, it is unethical and fraudulent. I suspect if you claimed that you worked for Company X, and didn't really work for them, and Sprint ever found out about it, you would be legally obligated to pay Sprint for any discounts you recieved...
    My comapny gets a corp discount from Sprint. When I asked for it no proof was required at all. And I dont even actually work for the company. I am an independant contractor, but still got the discount.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by OwnUtah
    This does not sound honest or ethical.
    I pay well over a hundred dollars a month for cellular phone service that sucks but is better than all the rest. A hundred dollars a month! Do you think that getting over on $15, $20 or even $25 a month is wrong? It's wrong that you don't have a reasonable alternative! How it is now, you can either choose "bad" or "worse". I wouldn't consider it dishonest or unethical. I would consider it clever, proactive and a kick in the a** for "big brother"! These corporations make way too much money and I'm not seeing a penny!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    I pay well over a hundred dollars a month for cellular phone service that sucks but is better than all the rest. A hundred dollars a month! Do you think that getting over on $15, $20 or even $25 a month is wrong? It's wrong that you don't have a reasonable alternative! How it is now, you can either choose "bad" or "worse". I wouldn't consider it dishonest or unethical. I would consider it clever, proactive and a kick in the a** for "big brother"! These corporations make way too much money and I'm not seeing a penny!

So did you try it?
    If you despise big corps so much and think they make too much money, you should pursue the cloned phone alternative. That way you could get what you want for free and the corps make no money off you at all. Of course another little guy like you gets screwed, but hey whatever.
    Big corporations contribute a substantial amount ot our economy. If everyone had your mindset they would all collapse as would our economy and then where would we be?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    TRUE Block. I happen to have such a discount in place although I by FAR don't work for the company that I get a discount for. I have been getting raped for years from cell providers and getting a 25% discount seems very fair to me. Have you ever gone over your minutes and gotten charged up the A$$. Why can't they pro-rate that into your plan. $115 plan with 2500 minutes a month should come to 4.6 cents a min. not ten times that.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Too say that I am appalled by this level of dishonesty would be an understatement. Theft is theft. Those that fraudulantly get discounts are stealing from the cell carriers and you are no better than the punk that mugs an old lady for her pocket money.

You guys make me sick!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I just called, it is a no go. They are going to want some information from you. Supervisor, store number, etc. Nice try though. Anyone else have a discount plan I might qualify for?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Too say that I am appalled by this level of dishonesty would be an understatement. Theft is theft. Those that fraudulantly get discounts are stealing from the cell carriers and you are no better than the punk that mugs an old lady for her pocket money.

You guys make me sick!
    Difference of opinion that you should keep to yourself.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Do you think that getting over on $15, $20 or even $25 a month is wrong? [...] I wouldn't consider it dishonest or unethical. I would consider it clever, proactive and a kick in the a** for "big brother"!
    Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex

You guys make me sick!
    Completely agree....
    FWIW, I get a discount as well, but mine is legit. I signed up quite some time ago and, as far as I can remember, they didn't ask for any proof. So, unless they've fixed this loophole (as one poster above indicates that they have), Sprint really needs to do a better job here.

Regarding the ethics of this...Of course it's unethical. Who are you (collectively) to decide what is or is not a fair price to pay for your service? Boy, I wish I could send 20% less when I mail out my mortgage payment and just say, "Hey, you guys are too rich, you don't need all that money. This is all I'm sending you. Be happy you're getting anything." Or to use an analogy more related to this site, why should I pay the "asking" prices for Palm OS software I like. Instead, I can just find a cracked version online and send the developer whatever amount I think that it's worth.

If you don't like Sprint's prices, cancel your contract. If you legitimately are experiencing bad service, call them up and be a squeaky wheel. Most of these companies will credit you or do something to try and keep you happy.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Several of the posts in this thread demonstrate the epitimy of moral relativism. No one is forcing any of you to have a cell phone and YOU agreed to the price and conditions when you signed up. You guys are pathetic.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast