Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    And to answer one of your questions, yes lying about having an affair (as long as you didn't have one) is far less morally wrong in my book than having an affair. Though I wouldn't know why someone would make up a lie about having an affair they didn't have.
    That you chose to look at his point this way is hilarious. In no way was it suggested that the two were seperate. You know that.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    This is getting as heated as a political thread in off topic

Perhaps few minds will be changed regarding the morality of the issue involved, but I hope some people here got the idea to check and see if they qualify for a discount based on where they work. We've been discussing Sprint, but other providers have similar programs in place, so I'd recommend checking.

Business users also have other perks available to them, so it's worth it to explore the possibilities. Just be prepared to show proof if you go into a store, or provide the requested info if you call.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    ... I'm trying to explore morals. ...

To take business discounts offered by companies to other comapnies down to a "morals" level is a bit of a reach dont you think.

Thats no different than saying a club that has specific membership requirements is immoral because it's excluding those that dont meet the requirements. You want everyone to have exactly the same thing in every aspect of life?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Microsoft has crippled the economy....

ROFLMAO.. Oh god I cant breathe, make it stop.

I would say that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard but someone migh take it as a personal attack, so I won't.

How do you print out a thread? I have to show this to the guys at the office.
    You obviously haven't been the subject of being shut down because Microsoft has sued your company for infringing on their patents. Economy is about building jobs, creating money for the country, and providing something for the country. If Microsoft eats all the starting companies, there is nowhere for the people to go, and no, Microsoft isn't going to hire them all. I've talked to many struggling programmers over the years that have lost their jobs due to something stupid MS decided to do. Plus the fact they are killing ties for software distribution to other countries with their laws, regulations, and licenses. But then again, most people don't read the news about this stuff. Just about every day there is some company being crushed by MS just because they used an idea and made it better. That is the biggest irony of it all. What HASN'T MS stole? Windows turns more into Mac OS every release. It's not stealing, it's marketing what's good. Let everyone build upon it and keep development alive.

EDIT: I forgot to add, another major part of economy is putting the $ back into it. Buying more patents really doesn't do that.
    I was reading the thread, and it got me thinking. So, I went out and looked at all the places that offered discounts on Sprint service. It was VERY varied, from companies, to civic organizations, to all sorts of other "discount groups." It got me thinking... why doesn't TreoCentral organize and get a discount group together and approach Sprint? It seems like it wouldn't be hard to do. For basically nothing, you can get a 5% discount. It looks like based on volume a 15% discount might be reasonable.

What's everyone's thoughts of that? Then, there is NO moral issue. We're a group of affiliated invidivuals, and we can use group buying power to get a discount with Sprint....

Thoughts?

William
    Does any know the details for discounts for Chrysler employees?
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by wflanagan
    I was reading the thread, and it got me thinking. So, I went out and looked at all the places that offered discounts on Sprint service. It was VERY varied, from companies, to civic organizations, to all sorts of other "discount groups." It got me thinking... why doesn't TreoCentral organize and get a discount group together and approach Sprint? It seems like it wouldn't be hard to do. For basically nothing, you can get a 5% discount. It looks like based on volume a 15% discount might be reasonable.

What's everyone's thoughts of that? Then, there is NO moral issue. We're a group of affiliated invidivuals, and we can use group buying power to get a discount with Sprint....
    Sounds good to me William. Also, can you post what the different discounts are that you discovered?

Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ
    You obviously haven't been the subject of being shut down because Microsoft has sued your company for infringing on their patents. Economy is about building jobs, creating money for the country, and providing something for the country. If Microsoft eats all the starting companies, there is nowhere for the people to go, and no, Microsoft isn't going to hire them all. I've talked to many struggling programmers over the years that have lost their jobs due to something stupid MS decided to do. Plus the fact they are killing ties for software distribution to other countries with their laws, regulations, and licenses. But then again, most people don't read the news about this stuff. Just about every day there is some company being crushed by MS just because they used an idea and made it better. That is the biggest irony of it all. What HASN'T MS stole? Windows turns more into Mac OS every release. It's not stealing, it's marketing what's good. Let everyone build upon it and keep development alive.

EDIT: I forgot to add, another major part of economy is putting the $ back into it. Buying more patents really doesn't do that.
    This anit-MS tripe is almost laughable.

I sure hope Windows doesn't turn into the Mac OS, because the MAC OS and UI is getting more unintuitive everyday.

MS steals everything...and Apple didn't? Pluuuuueze. Remember Xerox PARC?

MS have put more money in developers pockets than any other vendor.

No one was sued out of existence....
    I got a phone call early this morning regarding this thread. (Turns out that Ronnie had already removed the link yesterday, but here's the story.)

While not specifically noted on the site, Sprint PCS does require verification of all new accounts created via employee purchase programs. It is unethical, and possibly illegal to claim that you work for a company that you do not for a financial gain. TreoCentral does not recommend or encourage any users attempt to cheat Sprint; these discounts exist solely for employee use of the company mentioned.

And contrary to popular belief, these discounts to not drive solely from a high volume of new purchasers. As explained to me, generally these corporate users have much lower support costs because many simple questions are handled in house by co-workers or IT staff of the company. This lowered support cost is than partly passed on to the users from that company through these discounts.

Also, many companies actually pay for the privilege of these discounts as a way to provide further incentives to current and newly recruited employees.

I'll leave this thread open to discuss only the topics covered in this post.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234