1.    #1  
    I have been looking at the new Agendus pro and am quite intrigued by the features and interface for dealing with contacts and calendar etc. I am also interested in the new IMAP e-mail program that is completely integrated. I was wondering if anyone was using this, because I have a few questions.

1) If I map my down d-pad to Agendus contacts (rather than Treo Contacts) will I sill be able to dial them in Agendus by simply selecting them and pressing the center button (like I do in Treo Contacts now)?

2) What happens to the TREO calendar and contacts? Do they still exist? Is agendus running off the same database? Or, is a second calendar and contacts DB created?

3) What's the synching like bewteen Agendus and Outlook? Does it use its own synching app or does it still use Pocket Mirror that came with the Treo?

4) Any problem opening attachments? Like Word or Excel in docs to go out of the new IMAP e-mail app?

5) Anyone tried the IMAP e-mail app? How does it work? I am using IMAP with VersMail right now and am pretty happy.

Just curious if anyone has experiences thus far. The Agendus screen captures make it look like a cool app with a really nice interface.
    Last edited by treo-mike; 08/23/2004 at 04:44 PM.
    1. Yes
    2. Yes both of them still exist. Agendus rides on top using the same underlying databases for most of the core information but adding a database as necessary for Birthdays etc. 3. No problem opening attachments but I'd keep versamail to also answer #4. The Iambic/Agendus Mail app is what Versamail was on my T3 last year.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the input! Anyone else have experiences?
  4.    #4  
    Bump ^^^^^^^^
    Agendus is a fantastic app...I have used it for several months and can't live without it.

It is very powerful and useful; a true productivity app.

Well worth the price.

I disagree re: the mail app. The new mail and SMS app (version 4) that comes with Agendus Pro is very good, and I think better than Versamail. (although I am partial to Snappermail)
    As a long-time SnapperMail user, I decided to try a demo of the latest Agendus Mail to see how the IMAP functionality stacked up. Unfortunately, Agendus does not provide an option for SSL security on IMAP. As such, I was unable to access my corporate email directly which is a must have for me.

For IMAP, I would suggest sticking with SnapperMail although I am impressed with the beta version of Marc Blank's Chatter application especially with the "Blackberry-like" push functionality of the email.
    I use Agendus for the Calendaring function and I absolutely love it. I just got married so my wife loves that one of our wedding pics is my background

I have been using the Mail app that came with the T600 but I just changed web servers and now the mail app doesn't support my new webserver which is when I also tried using the Agendus Pro Edition since I thought it would make life easier ( since I especially love the Contact History that is created everytime you do something with a specific person). But when I tried the Agendus Mail feature, I could never look up email addresses. I know that part of this is due to the fact that I use Goodlink for my work email. The T600 can't distinguish between the two contact groups (there might be a work around but I haven't been too motivated to find it). I also found that trying to select an email to delete it was difficult as Agendus doesn't leave too much space to select it and I would open SPAM that I was trying to get rid of. The 5-way couldn't select msgs either.

FWIW, I found Snappermail a much better app.
  8.    #8  
    If you tie appointments and e-mails to contacts in Agendus...does that info synch back to Outlook? If that linking of information only remains on my Treo it is kind of useless for me.

If I hear you right...no 5 way support in the email app...and you can't look up contacts e-mail addys from within the e-mail app? If that's the case...no Agendus Mail for me...

Thanks for everyone's info...I appreciate it.

I need IMAP support...so I can't use Snapper Mail until the new version comes out officially...I don't like using Beta software...
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    If you tie appointments and e-mails to contacts in Agendus...does that info synch back to Outlook? If that linking of information only remains on my Treo it is kind of useless for me.

If I hear you right...no 5 way support in the email app...and you can't look up contacts e-mail addys from within the e-mail app? If that's the case...no Agendus Mail for me...

Thanks for everyone's info...I appreciate it.

I need IMAP support...so I can't use Snapper Mail until the new version comes out officially...I don't like using Beta software...
    re: the linking...; if you link a contact to the appt in agendus, it will carry back to Outlook. You can also edit contacts from within the email app and that goes back to your contacts in Outlook.

There IS 5-way support in the email app. Don't know why people say there isn't.

IMAP support is there. True that SSL support is not.

Drive before you buy if my recommendation.
    I'm trying out Agendus mail becasue of its IMAP functionality. I'm disappointed that you can't click on web links in the emails and be taken to the browser (I seem to recall that this was possible with Snappermail). Will this function be included in a future version? Or will Snappermail soon be IMAP compatible? Or is there an alternative email program that would suit me better?
    I'm testing out Agedus with Lotus Notes 5.03 IMAP and its seems to be working good except for the attachments, I have dataviz and for some reason it does not think I have and excell or word applacation, that would be nice if the attachments work
    Hi Gibby.

Agendus and Notes via IMAP sounds interesting how you doing that?..

I'm really struggling with how to get my notes on my treo wirelessly.

cheers!