1.    #1  
    sprint is telling me that i should ONLY buy a "handspring branded" earpiece (for hands free) because other ones fit....but may damage treo 600. they claim that hanspring is saying the input jack is not quite universal and other brands should not be used. thoughts?
    it's not universal but you don't need a handspring branded earpiece. for instance, the seidio 2-in-1 headset is not handspring branded and it works perfectly according to almost all its users.
    No, I use a BodyGlove ear piece. Also, there are no more HS branded earpeices, they were bought back by Palm One, so the SPrint person is ... well... you know...
    I need some info on a headset that I can use that can play music (mp3's etc) and also listen and talk on calls with. BUT I want it to use only 1 earbud. Anybody can help me with this???
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    I need some info on a headset that I can use that can play music (mp3's etc) and also listen and talk on calls with. BUT I want it to use only 1 earbud. Anybody can help me with this???
    The included headset can do this. As long as the call/answer button on the wire is held down, you can listen to music. So you can use a rubber band or some type of a clip to hold down the button. As soon as you let go of the button or remove the rubber band, you can't hear the music any more and it returns to a normal hands free phone conversation headset.
    My experience so far is that the headsets the have a "Compatible with any phone that accepts the universal 2.5mm hands free jack" do work, except that the plastic molding around the plugs on some products don't fit inside the plastic well of the headset jack on the treo making it impossible to plug all the way in (unless you cut away at it with a knife.) I guess there's always a risk when buying some products they won't work, I don't know how to be sure a head of time.

I found that this belkin micro boom works great, it sells for $18 at Best Buy. It plugs in great and doesn't have the problem I described above, it sounds good, it's comfortable, and it's CHEAP! That's a bonus in my book because I'm always losing and destroying these things so I hate to spend a lot of money on them:
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_ID=156799
    Here's the Best Buy Page:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....8&type=product

Note: The Belking plain-vanilla handsfree (it's just an earpiece with inline mic like the one that comes with your phone) does NOT work well. While it works if you jam it in ir cut away at the plastic around the plug, it has the probelm I describe (above) where it doesn't plug all the way in. The micro boom is different, though, and works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradf
    sprint is telling me that i should ONLY buy a "handspring branded" earpiece (for hands free) because other ones fit....but may damage treo 600. they claim that hanspring is saying the input jack is not quite universal and other brands should not be used. thoughts?
    To avoid a post I will live to regret, please look at this link:

http://www.sprintpcsaccessories.com/...mfg=Handspring

Sprint sells a wide variety of non-Handspring headsets, from a wide variety of manufacturers, on the web and in their stores, for the Handspring Sprint Treo 600.
    Does the Belkin Micro Boom answer/end button work on the TREO 600?
    What about the Plantronics MX153 - same question?
    Any other headsets with a boom mic and answer/end button suggestions?
    Bill