1.    #1  
    Hello All! First time here posting a question...been reading, but haven't found the answer to this question yet.

I have all my phone numbers entered into the Treo 600. However, sometimes, when a friend of mine calls, the phone will list ONLY the number on the screen, and not search the phone book / contact list to look up the appropriate name associated with that phone number.

After the phone call, I double check the contact list to see if that number is listed correctly, and it is.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'd also go back and change the number the way it's listed, ie instead of (510)555-1212, I'd enter 510-555-1212....etc etc...

I have the T600 GSM, ATT, Firmware V 03.06, and it's still a new phone.

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    nobody? everyone's too hung up on their fone holsters to answer, or no one's had this problem?

hmm...lemme go remove the dust from under my screen...
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Never had this problem. Since you say you searched, that would aslo indicate it is a new problem. I list my phone numbers like this 510-555-1212 in all of my contacts. It always displays the name, never the nuimber. Dont know what to tell ya. Go get a new one, or check all of your settings.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    ... or check all of your settings.
    what settings? hmm...should I try reseting it, and then re-sync-ing with outlook?
    Maybe a third party program would be helpful.

Click here one superb one.

Cheers
  6.    #6  
    thanks, but that's not the solution. if i add that program, it won't be able to sort through the contact list, and list some people already listed there as a new caller....hmmm..guess no one else has that problem....

DH
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Have you set up your favorites?
    Hmm very strange. Are you absolutely sure the number is in your contacts? I've been using the Treo 600 since November 2003 and never seen this problem. I enter all my numbers as +1 (510) 555-1212 (for example). When the phone rings it if I don't have the number in the contacts, it would show the number as 510-555-1212 so the format you enter it I don't think really matters. I'm on T-Mobile though I don't think that should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpeed
    Hello All! First time here posting a question...been reading, but haven't found the answer to this question yet.

I have all my phone numbers entered into the Treo 600. However, sometimes, when a friend of mine calls, the phone will list ONLY the number on the screen, and not search the phone book / contact list to look up the appropriate name associated with that phone number.

After the phone call, I double check the contact list to see if that number is listed correctly, and it is.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'd also go back and change the number the way it's listed, ie instead of (510)555-1212, I'd enter 510-555-1212....etc etc...

I have the T600 GSM, ATT, Firmware V 03.06, and it's still a new phone.

Thanks in advance!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen just recently. I believe I traced it back to the beta version of Ringo (or something like that). I deleted it and all was well again.

Rob
    make sure your contact list has 10 Digit phone numbers - you must include the area code.

My wife had the same problem you describe with her phone. She had all her friends numbers entered as 7 digit numbers and none of rhe caller ID's worked.....

Keep us all posted of your problem.
  11.    #11  
    i've done everything. the phone is complete *stock*, ie no programs have been installed save for avant go. it doesn't even have an SD card in it...it's only 2.5 weeks old!

yes, all my numbers have the area code listed as well...

i didn't imagine that a phone this expensive would mess up like this...hmm..i'm gonna try a hard reset and get rid of avant go and see what happens...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I had the same thing happen just recently. I believe I traced it back to the beta version of Ringo (or something like that). I deleted it and all was well again.

Rob
    ROB!!! YOU DA MAN!

sh!t...didn't even realized that i'd dowloaded ringo..err...crapgo in my phone...deleted it (only after a hard reset...i know, i'm retarded)

but thanks!

denny
    I have this issue also, and I have Ringo installed.