1.    #1  
    There is currently a thread on mytreo.net that lists a few ISP's that support IMAP. It's not very comprehesive (yet) so I thought I would start one here. Hopefully, it will generate a diverse list.

Chatter's ability to support true push emails (a la BlackBerry) is quite remarkable and well documented here.

What is not as well documented, however, is a list of ISP's that not only support the IMAP protocol but also IDLE - a command which allows the IMAP client (e.g. Chatter) to maintain a/an (asynchronous) connection with an IMAP server (e.g. Fastmail). IDLE, in effect, is responsible for executing the "push".

Fastmail is an ISP that supports IMAP and IDLE. I have an Apple .Mac account and although it is IMAP, it does not support IDLE. Do you folks know of other IMAP/IDLE ISP's?

Speaking of Fastmail I have a bit of a dilemma. I have 3 other email accounts (i.e. Yahoo, .Mac, etc.) which I'd like to check "through" Fastmail. If I use Fastmail as my end-all, last-stop IMAP solution to check all of these email accounts what is the best way to do so? Should I have Yahoo! mail forwarded there? Or, should I POP link the Yahoo! mail? Also, since there are the emails of three accounts being sent to one will I run into over quota bandwith issues? Has this happened to anyone of you?

Thanks in advance to all!
    I have 5 email accounts that all point to my .mac account. While I don't need true push, I am using Chatter's QSync set at every 30 mins (which works totally in the background) to manage all accounts and this works fine for me. You don't have a bandwidth quota with .mac, just account size.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Speaking of Fastmail I have a bit of a dilemma. I have 3 other email accounts (i.e. Yahoo, .Mac, etc.) which I'd like to check "through" Fastmail. If I use Fastmail as my end-all, last-stop IMAP solution to check all of these email accounts what is the best way to do so? Should I have Yahoo! mail forwarded there? Or, should I POP link the Yahoo! mail? Also, since there are the emails of three accounts being sent to one will I run into over quota bandwith issues? Has this happened to anyone of you?

Thanks in advance to all!
    Interesting question, First, I think that Fastmail.fm is a good choice as a "last-stop IMAP solution." I would probably fwd your yahoo mail to fastmail, because it will get there sooner by fwding it. Depending on your account level, fastmail will pop your mail every hour or so. As far as bandwith levels go, it depends on your account level, what level are you at? Unless you are sending large attachments, you will probably be ok even at the lower bandwith levels.
  4.    #4  
    I have a free account right now. I plan on moving to member status at some point. There is another interesting thread about Fastmail acting as an intermediary, "trigger" server where you can "push" notification through Fastmail and then Qsync to a folder on a different IMAP server (e.g. .Mac).

Conceptually, this seems to be a great solution and could replace the SMS trigger if implemented properly.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Interesting question, First, I think that Fastmail.fm is a good choice as a "last-stop IMAP solution." I would probably fwd your yahoo mail to fastmail, because it will get there sooner by fwding it. Depending on your account level, fastmail will pop your mail every hour or so. As far as bandwith levels go, it depends on your account level, what level are you at? Unless you are sending large attachments, you will probably be ok even at the lower bandwith levels.