1.    #1  
    hi there,

i would like to buy expansion card for my treo 600
    i'm so confused with sd card and mmc card.
    what's the difference ? which one should i buy ?

thanks a lot
    You need to buy an SD card for the Treo. Check out the SD(IO) Cards forum. You will find good deals there. http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    MMC cards will not work in a Treo 600-period/end. Buy as big a SD card as you can afford. You will grow into the size quickly. Good idea to get a card reader also. Hot Synch is slow for MP3 files etc.

have fun

john
    Actually, MMC cards _do_ work. I'm using one right now (a 256mb HTL). The only problem is the card can slide out because it doesn't catch (no notches on the side). I have applications, pictures and MP3 files. No problems yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreojanHorse
    Actually, MMC cards _do_ work. I'm using one right now (a 256mb HTL). The only problem is the card can slide out because it doesn't catch (no notches on the side). I have applications, pictures and MP3 files. No problems yet...
    I believe yours slides out because of something else. I constantly switch between my 128MB Lexar MMC and 256MB Lexar SD. There is asolutely no difference in operation between the two and neither slides out.

Although MMC's work perfectly on our Treos, PalmOne does recommend that we use genuine SD cards. They recommend this because genuine SD cards are made from better quality materials and are less likely to damage the unit. However, use of any high-end brand name MMC is pretty much the same.

In fact MMC's make slightly better use of storage space than SD cards of the same exact size. MMC's use Microsoft's FAT16 and SD cards use their own proprietary FAT12.
    Check out the pictures on Lexar's page http://www.lexar.com/digfilm/index.html
    See how SD cards have notches on their sides, while MMCs have straight edges? The catch in the SD slot will grab onto these notches.

MMCs are held in place by spring tension of the catch, even though there's no notch to hang on to! The MMC doesn't slide out (in the sense of falling out) but it does not fit securely into the slot as SD cards do. MMCs would occasionally disconnect.