1.    #1  
    I got myself a 512 SD card, put it in my new treo 600 and now what? I cannot figure out how to download stuff into the card from the internet, nor how to transfer data from the phone into the card,or from my laptop into the card via Hotsync, not even how to move my pictures, contacts or anything at all into the card from the phone.
    Please assist

Axel
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Apps that will help you out:

McFile
    FileZ
    Handmark Super Utility

Find them at palmgear.com or handango.com.
    I got Card Export II which turns the SD card into a USB drive -- VERY nice!!! I use it for most of my transfers to the card.

I use FileZ to look at the files on the card, move them, delete them, etc.

My e-mail application has an option to tell it to save attachments to the SD card. I said yes.

When you open a *.pcr,pdb file on your desktop, the HotSync application on the desktop should give you the option to put the file on the SD card.

I haven't put an application on the card, and am not sure you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeger
    I got Card Export II which turns the SD card into a USB drive -- VERY nice!!! I use it for most of my transfers to the card.

I use FileZ to look at the files on the card, move them, delete them, etc.

My e-mail application has an option to tell it to save attachments to the SD card. I said yes.

When you open a *.pcr,pdb file on your desktop, the HotSync application on the desktop should give you the option to put the file on the SD card.

I haven't put an application on the card, and am not sure you can.
    What email app are you using?
    I loaded Card Export II yesterday and am very pleased with it. You need to be a little careful not to interrupt write operations but that is not specific to CE II.

I use Launcher X which includes card management software on it.

It is true that the Hotsync installer gives you the option to "change destination" but it took me over a year to identify what it was for. Until I figured it out, I would load to the handheld and then use Launcher X to move them to the card. I was often limited by memory on the Treo.

You can put a programs and datafiles on the card and move them back and forth. You cannot load and execute a program from the card. While some small number of programs know about and can use data on the card, most do not and cannot. You must first move them to the Treo memory. Where I want to export applications and data to the card to conserve memory, I create folders on the card and use them to keep the program and data together.